There will be a $0.50 daily parking fee increase at many stations in the month of January, 2014.
Below are the dates of the new parking fee for each station (and the new daily fee).
Jan 13, 2014:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point Line: Pittsburg/Bay Point ($2 per day), Pleasant Hill ($2 per day), Walnut Creek ($2 per day), Lafayette ($2 per day), Orinda ($2 per day), and Rockridge ($2 per day).
- West Bay: Daly City ($3 per day).
- Fremont Line: Fremont ($2 per day), Union City ($2 per day), San Leandro ($2 per day), Fruitvale ($2 per day), and Lake Merritt ($2 per day).
Jan 27, 2014:
- Dublin/Pleasanton Line: Dublin/Pleasanton ($2 per day), West Dublin/Pleasanton ($2 per day), and Castro Valley ($2 per day).
- Richmond Line: El Cerrito Del Norte ($2 per day), El Cerrito Plaza ($2 per day), North Berkeley ($2 per day), Ashby ($2 per day), and Macarthur ($2 per day).
- West Oakland ($6 per day).
No Change in Daily Fees:
- Glen Park ($2 per day), Richmond ($1 per day), South Hayward ($1 per day), Bay Fair ($1.50 per day), Colma ($2.50 per day), South San Francisco ($2 per day), San Bruno ($2 per day), Millbrae ($2 per day).
Background information on Parking Fees:
Parking lot usage is evaluated every six months. If the lot at a station is full, then the daily parking fee may increase by 50¢. If the lot is less than 95% full, then the fee may decrease by 50¢. BART’s parking fee policy includes a $3 parking fee cap, except at West Oakland. Single Day, Monthly and Airport/Long-Term reserved parking permits purchased in advance are also covered by this policy. All revenue generated from these new fees will be placed into a special account only to be used for programs for improved station access, including shuttle and feeder service to stations, and much needed station rehabilitation, and modernization.
Three ways to pay:
- Clipper card: This is the easiest way to pay for your parking. Sign up in advance at www.BART.gov/parking to link your Clipper card to a hang tag for your car, and then you simply tag the card inside the paid area at a Parking Validation Machine. There is no need to remember your stall number or pay cash on a daily basis. (Not available at Glen Park Station).
- Cash: Once inside the faregates enter the stall number from your parking space into an Add Fare Machine; pay in cash, and save your receipt.
- Blue Tickets: Once inside the faregates enter the stall number from your parking space into an Add Fare Machine; pay with your blue ticket, and save your receipt. You may only pay with a BART blue ticket if you have entered the faregates with this same ticket.
RELATED STORY: BART Fares Increasing 5% Starting Today