BART Will Run ’til 3am on New Year’s Day

December 31, 2013 12:24 pm · 12 comments

bart

BART will extend service until 3am on New Year’s Day and deploy extra staff and trains to help get people home from their festivities.  Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show.

To further ease platform crowding at our busiest stations, Embarcadero, Montgomery, and West Oakland, beginning at 8 pm on New Year’s Eve, BART will utilize a “skip-stop” train pattern into and out of San Francisco with one important change from past years:

Going into San Francisco:

Trains from the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines heading into San Francisco will not stop at Embarcadero Station. The San Francisco stop closest to the fireworks show for customers on the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will be Montgomery Street Station.

Trains from the Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont lines will not stop at Montgomery Street Station but will stop at Embarcadero Station.

Trains from Millbrae and Daly City will make all stops in San Francisco.

After the fireworks end:

Passengers bound for Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond must use Montgomery Street Station. Trains on these lines will not stop at Embarcadero Station on their way out of San Francisco.

Passengers on the Dublin/ Pleasanton and Fremont lines must use Embarcadero Station, as trains heading to Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. NEW THIS YEAR: Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont trains will not stop at West Oakland and will make their first East Bay stop at Lake Merritt.

Millbrae and Daly City-bound trains will skip Embarcadero then make all stops. BART will direct passengers on those lines to use Montgomery Street Station which will be less crowded.

{ 12 comments }

1 Dorothy December 22, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Good. It’s the least they can do for riders.

2 Bubbles December 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Oh good Dorothy It’s always nice to be the first negative post on a page. I have been all over the world on Transit and BART overall is not bad let me tell you. Sometimes people need to quit complaining so much. I guess from Claycord posters I can’t expect this time of the year to be any different.

3 James Dean December 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM

WHAT???? I must have read this wrong…BART never does ANYTHING to benefit it’s riders….Clearly we’re not in Kansas anymore(If we were, we would have hard working individuals, and happy riders)…So good for you Dorothy for being the first to comment appropriately! I too have been all over the world, and i hate to pop your “Bubble”, but no other transit system in the world has such greedy, overpaid, unqualified employees who hold the public hostage like BART does….MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

4 Concorddad December 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM

@James Dean

Kansas isn’t all over the world! and I have been all over the world and BART is way better. The employees on the London tube are horribly rude I rode that system everyday for over a year. I’ve never had a BART employee be rude to me. Maybe you are just an A$$! sometimes you get treated how you treat people.

5 anonymous December 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Well, I think its a little rude of BART to go on strike and pay off DeSaulnier to demand binding arbitration.

I think its a little rude to work a 7 1/2 hour day.

And I think its a little rude of the SEIU Spokes-witch to say the Board of Directors is holding the taxpayers hostage for not agreeing to her idea of a fair wage.

But maybe thats just me.

6 Julio December 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Sorry but Bart employees are for the most part very rude and do not help worth a darn if you are lucky enough to find one to speak with you.

7 Silva December 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Of course no one with any wherewithall in their right mind would be getting off in West Oakland though, right? Way to serve the public. BART !!

8 Frank C. December 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Regardless of what other transit agencies do worldwide……

The BART employees have not been particularly wiling to help in my experience……and seem to be more interested in reading their paper than helping customers.

9 John December 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What are the safe public transit alternatives once you get off BART in Concord afterward?

10 @John; December 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM
11 O.G. January 1, 2014 at 3:07 AM

RIP OSCAR GRANT!

12 @O.G. January 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM

He was a thug punk and a drug dealer. Good riddance!