UPDATE: Firefighters Battling Fence Fire on Heather Dr. in Concord

December 28, 2013 23:29 pm · 14 comments

fire

ConFire is battling a fence fire next to a house on Heather Dr. (off Clayton Rd.) in Concord.

The fire is threatening structures on Heather Dr. & Silverleaf Dr., which is located behind Heather.

No injuries have been reported.

UPDATE, 11:32pm: It is unknown how the fire started.

UPDATE, 11:37pm: The fire has been extinguished. No damage was reported to any of the homes or apartments in the area.

UPDATE, 11:56pm: Thanks to the anonymous Claycordian for the picture. He says “Fire also caught a very large tree on fire, which is why there were very high flames and sparks everywhere. Firefighters very fast to respond and had to break down a fence to gain access to the back yard, as it appears no one was at home in the house.”

Thanks for the information!

{ 14 comments }

1 Silva December 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Fence fire, huh? How does that happen?

2 Silva December 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Thanks ConFire for another awesome response!

3 Neighbor December 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Homeowners and neighbors were lucky. The owners, when alerted to the fire, “moved their car” and left… Two neighbors from nearby houses and the person who found the fire fought the flames with water and fire extinguisher to keep it from spreading until ConFire arrived.

4 karamil December 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Interesting. My mom lives off Treat Blvd on Arkell Rd and just had a suspicious fence fire at about midnight the other night. We must have bored kids running around.

5 @4 December 29, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I see teenagers out at 2:00 am during the week where are the parent’s?

6 @ Karamil December 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We have had teens parking on Weaver Lane (near Arkell) the last two nights, and leaving the cars there, and have gotten the plates both nights, we can provide them to you if needed.

7 Dr. Jellyfinger December 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I wrap my fences in aluminum foil to thwart fence fires. Home Owner’s Assoc. always gives me hell for it, but hey… take a look, my fences aren’t burned up now are they?

8 @Dr. J December 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I paint my fences with intumescent paint.That way, they are fire-resistant and don’t attract tweakers looking to make a buck on aluminum recycling.

9 loureynolds December 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My house was one of the houses with a fence fire on Heather Dr. I would like to thank the person who reported the fire and then came in my yard to help. Please let me thank you properly. You saved my house and possibly my life

10 Anon December 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Pretty short “battle”

11 Silva December 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Whoever butchered that poor tree so horribly was probably trying to get rid of it once and for all.

12 BAAQMD December 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Please give us the exact address so that we can fine the homeowner for burning that tree.

13 funny man December 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

gesh…dont they know its a no burn day!

14 Gavin January 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

@loureynolds

Hi Lou,

This is Gavin your neighbor who called 911 and helped put out the fire in your backyard with your water house. My family and I were heading home from the city when we saw the tree on fire and started banging on the doors and windows to wake you up. We’re happy you’re safe and I was able help

See you around,