Burglary at Henley’s Estate Sale Store on Clayton Rd. in Concord

December 28, 2013 17:00 pm · 24 comments

henleys

Henley’s Estate Sale Store, located at 3486 Clayton Rd. in Concord (across from Goodwill), was burglarized early this morning, according to its owners.

The owners of the store say “I’m writing to let you know that we were burglarized early this morning. I thought you might pass this along to alert other businesses in this area. Around 3:30 a.m. the alarm company called to say the alarm at our store, Henley’s Estate Sale Store, was sounding. They called the police and two Concord policemen met us with flashlights and guns drawn. They made sure the building was secure before letting us in. Luckily, it appears that the alarm scared the burglar and they didn’t get away with much. One of the policemen indicated that a store close to ours, a computer repair store had been broken into recently too. We are working with the Concord police and reviewing the camera images. Thanks for helping us get the word out.”

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully the suspects were caught on camera or left other evidence that will lead to their arrest.

Claycordians, this is a nice locally owned store, check them out if you get a chance.

Henley’s Estate Sale Store - Antiques and Collectibles, 3486 Clayton Road in Concord - 925-689-2012

{ 24 comments }

1 The Closer December 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Sorry to hear about this. My wife and I were in there last week. They have lots of cool stuff. I hope they catch the POS that did it.

2 Howard K Mullins III December 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Think I’ll stop in and see that might catch my eye. Not fun being robbed, kind of like being violated. Hope the police catch the thieves.

3 Silva December 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Hmm… looks like they DO have some cool stuff!

4 Schmee December 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Glad they didn’t get much. Wonder if they just targeting the location or the nice stuff in that store.

5 EdiBirsan December 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Been there myself several times. It is two stores up from Berkshire Books where every Saturday morning the Concord Concerned Citizens Curmudgeon Committee meets.

6 fulubulu December 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Zombies want their stuff back.

7 Silva December 28, 2013 at 7:34 PM

@EdiBirsan; What time?

8 Antler December 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM

This is a wonderful store for browsing…..going down memory lane…..and getting some serious hankering for beautiful pieces. All right, I do always buy something, too….can’t resist. The staff is exceptionally and genuinely friendly, along with being knowledgeable about the items they sell.

If you go, look around for the antique wheelchair… I forget the type of wood, but there is real hand-caning, too. (If I had “A SPOT” for it, it would soooooo be mine.)

9 Jess December 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I’ve been there. They do have a lot of cool stuff.

10 anonmtz December 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Any publicity helps……

11 The Curmudgeon Committee Commander apparently doen't know up from down December 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Up would be north, and this store is SOUTHERLY from the bookstore, therefore down. I’m sure even Helen Allen knew up from down. hmmm, well, that may be a stretch, but I think my point has been made. Sad state of affairs when our pre-eminent councilmember doesn’t know up from down. Have a Happy New Year, Edi.

12 marinemom December 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

@The Curmudgeon Committee Commander apparently doen’t know up from down
Depends on which way your looking…..doesn’t it?

13 Dixie December 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Lots of homeless in that area

14 Amy December 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM

So sorry to hear about the robbery. When I was last there some homeless people were outside on the sidewalk causing a ruckus and the owners called the police. Edi Birsan should have done something about the homeless that hang around his friend’s store.

15 @marinemom, #13---please re-read your question and tell us you're serious December 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM

16 anon December 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM

#10, compassionate as ever, I see.

17 Dr. Jellyfinger December 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have dibbs on the doily back there in the corner.

18 Foonman December 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

These are good people and dont deserve this……what little they got will probably show up at a flea in one of the nearby towns. Hope they are
taken down for this stupidity……..

19 Silva December 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I for one have added this lovely place to my list of businesses to definitely look into.

20 Val December 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This store is one in a million! They do have some wonderful antiques and things that remind us of times gone by. It’s a different world out there today. So sorry this happened Bob.

21 Lori December 30, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I like that bench…would be perfect in my entryway. Might have to go take a closer look.

22 @The Curmudgeon Committee Commander apparently doen't know up from down December 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM

You definitely fit the definition of a Curmudgeon. Are you a member?

23 Mimi (original) December 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

South is DOWN as everyone knows, however, for some reason I’m 45degrees off N/S here in Claycord! I never had any trouble in Sunnyvale or Palm Springs, but here?? There must be too much water in the sloughs and delta and it just plain throws me off! LOL!

24 Grewah December 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

This is a great store. Sorry to hear they were broken into but glad nothing was taken.