Man Hit Over Head During Morning Armed Robbery in Concord

December 26, 2013 11:01 am · 20 comments

A man was robbed just after 7am on Thursday morning near the corner of San Miguel Rd. and Marilyn Way in Concord, Concord Police and witnesses tell Claycord.com.

A person at the scene of the crime says the victim suffered head injuries after he was hit with a piece of rebar by the suspects.

On my way to work this morning I saw a guy on the ground with his bike and belongings scattered everywhere. My friend was standing next to this crime victim near the vicinity of Marilyn way and San Miguel near the aqueduct.

The victim was riding his bike to work and was assaulted by two white guys wearing grey hoods. The victim was hit over the head with a piece of rebar.

They took his money out of his wallet and threw the wallet on the ground. Concord PD arrived and a EMT transported him to a hospital. He had minor injuries and was shaken up a bit.

The suspects ran through the bushes under the BART tracks towards Galindo and the Monument area.

Please tell your readers to be careful out there. Hard to believe that this would happened the day after Christmas.

Yes, be careful. Thanks to the anonymous tipster for the information.

{ 20 comments }

1 Molon Labe December 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Shoot em

2 Ted K., SuperMax December 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

“Hard to believe that this would happened the day after Christmas.”

That is a rather naive statement! The scum of the earth observe no holidays nor share in the belief of a season of good will. They’re scum 24/7 and 365.

3 amonomous December 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

So sick. This saddens me so much. I don’t have much but would like to donate to the victim if you could arrange something mayor. We have to take our city’s back from these low life scum bags with no morals or values. Sick of paying for them in jail also. If they want food they need to work for it. What can we all do?? Positives only

4 Frank L. December 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

The day after Christmas people could be carrying extra cash.

People do get money for Christmas.

5 dilligafman December 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

BRING BACK PUBLIC HANGINGS!!!!!!!!

6 Lori December 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I wish we lived in a world where it was hard to believe……..

7 cheetabob December 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

if you only had a gun !!!!!

8 Dave December 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I’m guessing there’s a little more to the story than a random attack.

9 Victim Blamer December 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

What was this guy thinking, going to work? If people continue to go to work and make money, they deserve to get robbed. People just don’t GET IT! They need to quit their jobs and stay at home where they’re safe.

@Dave,
Yeah, because robberies are NEVER random, right? The victim must have done something to the robbers that left them no choice but to club him over the head and take his cash.

10 Dave December 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Someone that rides to work, probably doesn’t carry a whole lot of cash, unless they do a different kind of work.

11 Victim Blamer December 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

@Dave,
I must have missed the part of the story that said they got “a whole lot” of cash. I think maybe they chose him as a target because it was easier than clubbing people driving by in cars.

12 Dave December 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM

You sound like you know more than me. I live down the street and its pretty quiet around there most of the time, especially on a weekday morning at 7am. Two guys don’t attack someone, that close to the police station, randomly, unless there’s more to the story. I’ll stick to my original “guess.”

13 Fig Newton December 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Concord Police ought to set up a decoy there!!!!!!! These thieves are stupid enough to try it again! I would really like to see CPD nail these two thugs !!!!!!!!

14 Willis December 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I hate to say it’s only going to get worse, especially if this state keeps moving in this direction. Full jails, highest welfare rate ever, no job or under employed. Mass influx of illegals bringing down the already low wages even lower. Hope the new year brings a new clarity much needed by those who we pay to govern.

15 disgusted December 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you…..azzholes

16 Nutcreek Frontier December 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Is this new…have not heard of thugs mugging a motorcyclist before? Hope this is not the start of a trend…

17 PO'd December 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM

How about issuing more C & C permits and leave the perps laying in the street? Willis #15 is on to the truth:

1- Manufacturing jobs going overseas (China,southeastern Asia,India et.al.)
2- Overcrowded prisons forcing early releases
3- Homeless advocacy making victims out of “bums”.
4- Lenient sentencing by left wing judges.
5- High welfare rates
6- Poor performing schools
7- Illegal immigration largely welcomed

Add it all up, and it’s easy to see why there is so much crime.Concord is a perfect example-Sec 8 housing growing,homeless population larrge enough to be an issue, police being watched closely by civil rights advocates etc..

18 jb December 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I am always amazed at how little regard our young people have these days…
it seems so easy for them to rob from others…and do not seem to care if
they hurt or kill others…its a life they have chosen..as easier than working for a living… I do hope this victim is ok and will now get in a car to drive to work
its so cold out there in the morning… Yes and I like the decoy idea…just
wish they would get caught and spend a time in jail…with the really bad guys.

19 jtkatec December 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Rebar? Really? They could have done some permanent damage with rebar. I’m with #1 and #5. They use rebar, shoot them and then hang them, and then for an extra touch……. drawn and quartered.

Okay, who’s got rebar handy? Who’s doing concrete work in their yard?

20 Tim M January 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I live a block from where this happened and there are homeless people living in the storm drain that runs up the creek and under the commercial buildings right next to where this happened and the police do nothing about it.