Stolen Statues Created by Late Daughter Returned to Concord Family

December 25, 2013 1:07 am · 20 comments

statues

The gnome statues we first told you about that were stolen from a home on Olive Dr. in late November, have been returned by an unknown person.

The Rossini family originally posted a notice asking the person who stole the statues to please return them, and just about three weeks after we first posted the note on Claycord.com, the statues are back where they belong.

They were special to Frank & Janet Rossini because they were created by their late daughter, Carolyn, who died in 2011.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks to Will for the picture!

{ 20 comments }

1 Kimbo December 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM

What a wonderful Christmas it will be!

2 captainfantastic December 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Fantastic.

3 I stole in 1979 December 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Many things we do wrong in life can be made right. When we did do wrong. I stole when I was 14. I am 48 now. And I have got Karma. I tried to write the people long ago but could not find them. They moved. I ever tried to find out where they were, to pay them back. It at me up for years, until I decided how to pay them back. By never stealing again. I make no excuses but it was peer pressure and stupid and a horrible thing to do. And when I was ripped off, first I was mad, outraged, then I thought, it is Karma. I deserve this. I did the same thing to others, how on earth could I be angry? And I better listen to Karma. I did. I have not stole cheated, nothing, been honest all these 32 some years now and even today I would pay them back if I could find them. People learn. And always put yourself in their shoes. There is never justification for steeling from others.

4 Jwalk December 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM

And the Grin he’s heart grew larger that day! You have to appreciate a response to conscience .

5 Jwalk December 25, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Ok that should have read Grinches heart.

6 Dee December 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I was sooooo happy to hear this last night on the news because I had seen on the news Monday about them being stolen. There is hope for some out there that do this type of thing

7 JRConcord December 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM

WAIT,
I was in Cabo, Mexico last week and I saw some gnomes partying hard. Two were with some women of ill repute and one was passed out drunk in a bar, I guess they were done with their vacation and decided to come home :-)

8 DoReMi December 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM

A Christmas story. Very nice.

9 irishill December 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM

And please keep them INSIDE! Anything left outside is a target for thieves!!

10 JLew December 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I LOVE this story!! Yay!!

11 Whatever December 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

That is great!!!!

12 the other jj December 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM

to the thieves with a heart,,,THANK YOU for doing the right thing merry Christmas to all

13 Chevrolet Girl December 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM

With all the packages being stolen off of porches this year, it really bummed me out this holiday season. Having these special gnomes returned tells me there are people who have a conscience. This has made my day. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

14 yeaaah December 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM

keep them safe..not were they can be taken next time.

15 meh December 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM

This reminds me to the kovie amelie.

16 Merry Ho Ho HO December 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Please keep the gnomes inside from now on but what a wonderful Christmas gift. Some of my faith in humanity has now been restored

17 Silva December 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I’m SO very happy to hear this great news!

18 Dreamers December 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

So-o-o-o nice to hear their Christmas was great after all.. I think they’re right, Carolyn may have been sending a message.

19 Jill December 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Wow…This is great news! I have happy tears :>)

20 Silva December 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I wish I could see them. I bet they’re irresistably adorable. I’m really happy the gnome napper has a heart after all.