$100 Worth of Gas Purchased for Stranger by Good Samaritan in Walnut Creek – Stranger Immediately Pays It Forward

December 25, 2013 13:56 pm · 30 comments

Read this, it’s amazing….

Hi Claycordians! I just wanted to let you know about something that happened to me today at a gas station on Ygnacio Valley Rd. in Walnut Creek.

I filled up my truck today before a long drive to the Fresno area to visit my wife’s family tomorrow morning. When I pulled up to the pump, I was greeted by a man who said the credit cards machines on the pumps weren’t working, and that I had to go inside to pay. As I made my way inside, the man left in an older white Mercedes. When I went in, the cashier told me the pump was ready, and I should go fill my truck up, because the first $100 of gas was free.

The man had paid for my gas!!!! I needed just over $100 of gas, and I myself was so touched, that I put $50 towards the next person who came to the pump. What an amazing miracle this was on Christmas. This $50 we saved couldn’t have come at a better time, and for us to be able to put $50 towards the next person who needed gas was such a great feeling for me, my wife and my kids, especially on a day like today. THANK YOU TO WHOEVER YOU ARE, you really did a wonderful thing for a family that does not have much.

Merry Christmas!

{ 30 comments }

1 mommyof3 December 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Beautiful.

2 concordian December 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Wow! this is really nice!

3 onedadof2 December 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Merry Christmas to all!

4 Kai December 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM

What a wonderful story…..so many good things never make the news….how can we each pay it forward this week?

5 amonomous December 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Maybe it’s a message to use all. :) kindness should take place everyday and it doesn’t have to be monetary. LOVE love love it.

6 Chevrolet girl December 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

The true meaning of Christmas!

7 LOUIE December 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

So wonderful! Hope your reading this Mr white Mercedes.

8 NRA #1 fan and member December 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I’m going to do the same except only for diesel gas, us diesels tend to stick together and are by far the safest drivers out there.

9 leandra foster December 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

My husband and i think that is a really great story and think that both the stranger and the recipient they are obviously both very kind and generous people. It truly is hard to find people like them nowadays.

10 yandere lover December 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Merry Christmas !!(^•^)

11 @NRA guy December 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I own a diesel and I drive like a complete a**. Blows your theory all to hell, doesn’t it?

12 mama December 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

13 @ December 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Immediately paying it forward was AWESOME!

14 biggus thinkus December 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM

way to bring it back around
a smile shared can go a long way with many

15 TFF FAN December 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

‘Tis the season. Paying it forward is such a great thing! And, being able to pay it forward is even more awesome :-) Merry Christmas to all and GOD bless you!!!

16 JRConcord December 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

@NRA DUDE
I thought you were sitiing on your porch with a shotgun waiting for package thievs. ;-)

17 Anon December 26, 2013 at 7:43 AM

@Mama #12
Does it really matter whether or not they have a little “something”? and good for you for driving an economy car and paying less to fill up. That doesn’t matter either and nobody cares.

You missed the point or simply didn’t care what this truly was about.

Santa must have left your grumpy-a@@ coal…if he didn’t, he should have!

18 ANON December 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM

“very nice, but you must have a little “something” if it costs $100 to fill up your vehicle…costs us $45 if that (and we drive a small economy car)”

Very true…also if you can’t afford to drive that far..then do not do it…there is always Skype & it is free
Also — to have the clerk actually put it on the pump was great- some would have pocketed the money

19 Lamby December 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Great story, although it’s too bad that it takes Christmas for people to get their nice on!

Try it throughout the year! It’ll do wonders for your mood. There’s nothing like helping/doing something nice for others to make a person feel good.

Happy New Year Y’all!

20 Concorddad December 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Very cool!!

21 carebear December 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM

@mama if you can’t say somethin nice shut your freakin pie-hole !

22 Dorothy December 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Good story, was happy to see it.

23 wow December 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Great story, although if you don’t have much it probably would be a good idea to get ride of the $100 a fill up vehicle.

24 Frank L. December 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My wife and I did that once on I-5 Thanksgiving day. She was a single Mom with a car load of kids, stressed out.

We put $20-$25 into her tank, and it was well worth it. It was a win-win situation, and her kids hugged my wife and I.

25 cheerful December 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Merry Christmas!! This is a great story. We drive a huge SUV and I know it costs A Lot especially with premium gas to fill up. We have 4 sons and another baby coming so a large SUV is necessity not choice to all you negative Nancys out there.
We do something similar to this, everytime we cross a toll bridge we pay for one or two cars behind us whether it’s a a motor home someone pulling a trailer/boat or a small car. I always hope when we do that people pay it forward! The gas pump thing is something I’d love to start doing as well. I couldn’t afford $100 but 20 -50 occasionally would be awesome to do! Thanks for posting this story. I is good to know there are kind souls out there! Happy Holidays to everyone. :)

26 LEXIE'S MOM December 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

That story brought tears to my eyes. There are still a lot of good people in the world. I guess we forget that given most of the stories we read are usually about the dark side of people.

27 Lori December 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

The real magic of Christmas

28 betty bart December 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM

wonderful story! we should all do it on a bridge toll any bridge …makes you feel good

29 jb December 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

This nice story touched my heart…there are good people out there…that do care….bless Mr Mercedes…and hope one day he gets someone to do something nice for him…he deserves it….I like the idea of paying for others
on a bridge…think I will do this next time I am going over a bridge…
Hope all have a wonderful new year…especially Mr Mercedes…..

30 that one chick December 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I love people like this. It is so rare that someone helps another just because it makes them feel good. Every time I go over a bridge I pay the toll for the person behind me just because it makes me feel good.