The Water Cooler – Christmas Eve Traditions

December 24, 2013 12:46 pm · 13 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

What are your Christmas Eve traditions?

Talk about it….

{ 13 comments }

1 Big Robs Dad December 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

HOME MADE ENCHILADAS !
Merry Christmas Concord !

2 NRA #1 fan and member December 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Mine is patrolling Claycord and keeping the streets safe.

3 Fascist Regime Vigilante December 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I patrol the neighborhoods looking for people who are burning, whom I promptly turn into the BAAQMD. I stay there until the inspectors show up. I made almost $2000 in fines for the air district on Thanksgiving this year.

Clean air, it’s awesome.

4 Howard K Mullins III December 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

A good book or interesting article, some smooth Jazz and perhaps a cigar. Nice and quiet, peaceful. Tonight we are visiting friends, always a delight.

5 Elwood December 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I spend the evening fitting & grooming my sheep, Fluffy, he really loves the attention.

6 Dee December 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We go to open house at the daughters and visit with lots of friends. Nice way to wind down from all the craziness.

7 NRA #1 fan and member December 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

#3 Fascist ……you are a snitch and NOBODY likes snitches.

8 Ted K. December 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I am practicing my religion by having a roaring fire in the fireplace until December 26.

C’mon over #3. Snitches don’t get stitches around here… they’re found in ditches.

9 Civil Disobedience December 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM

This year, I’ll be observing my tradition of having a nice fire in the fireplace. You’re welcome to hang out in front of my house and wait for the inspectors, #3. I won’t open the door for them any more than I will for you.

10 Babs December 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

well, as usual….the kids will be up all night putting some huge toy together…this year it’s a big dollhouse. And I will be wrapping Santa’s gifts. I swear those granddaughters get up earlier and earlier every year!

Our new rescue dog is fitting in just fine with the family and animals. Altho she does hog the bed.

11 Connie Dobbs December 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Single mom over here. I spend Christmas Eve drinking the good beer, listening to womanly blues and wrapping presents in blissful peace and quiet. I don’t have to solve anybody’s problems. I don’t have to wipe stuff off of things. I can start a project knowing I will finish it. It’s like nirvana.

Merry Christmas, Mothers (grin)

12 Connie Dobbs December 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Babs, my rat terrier does the same thing. At 12 pounds, though, she is easier to jettison.

13 Silva December 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM