Christmas Vandals Hit Pleasant Hill Home

December 24, 2013 21:00 pm · 9 comments

A Claycordian was recently the victim of Christmastime vandalism, and is asking for the public’s help to catch the vandals.

I am asking for the public’s help. On Monday at 9:55pm while our family was out, three teenage boys with a teenage girl driver, of an older model white Camry, with license plate starting with either 4UT or 4VT, vandalized our holiday decorations. We live in Gregory Gardens in Pleasant Hill and every year, my husband and my two teenage boys, start at the beginning of November and decorate our house.

This is a tradition that they love and spend so much time on. To watch little kids come up and hug our snow mans that’s what it’s all about! Our spirit was broken. If anyone has any information, please contact the Pleasant Hill Police.

We appreciate all your help.

So sorry to hear about the vandalism.

{ 9 comments }

1 Craig Cannon December 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I’m out Here Working The Streets Tonight. If I See or Even Suspect Senseless Little Grinch’s Like That doing Their Dirty Un Holiday Like Deeds, after I do the Right Thing By Calling PHPD, I Will Share The Arrest Pics With Everyone. Pleasant Hill has a Great Dept, but if they are a Bit Late, I’d be Glad to use any means to Detain These Thugs till Their Arrival. Seriously, So Sorry Such Non caring Butt Heads, Have to Ruin Your Christmas. We all just need to be a Little More Vigilant. Even on a The Most Wonderful Night of The Year. God Bless You Folks, Please Don’t Give Up Next Year, and Let Bad Triumph…….Merry Christmas!

2 Silva December 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I’m so sorry to hear this happened to you. it’s such a shame a small number of people destroyed the joy your family’s decorations brought to yourselves and many others. I spent a couple of hours just this evening with my young grandson driving around admiring the decorated homes in the area. I hope the perpetrators are caught & punished for their despicable behavior. If not, Karma awaits.

3 Anon December 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I hope they track them down for you. This happened to us a few years ago the kids ran through our neighborhood and trashed several homes. The sad part is nothing will really happen to them if caught unless the parents provide the punishment.

4 lg December 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

So sorry!! I hope the little creeps get caught!! But I hope you have a Merry Christmas despite what they did!! Too bad that kids entertainement now days is doing things like this. God Bless and Merry Christmas!!!!

5 Elwood December 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM

“nothing will really happen to them”

Wanna bet?

Karma’s a *****.

6 Happ12 December 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM

If your kids go to College Park odds are the car will be in the lot when school is back in session. Last year saw a car take off after vandalizing my neighbor. Had my kids put the word out and amazingly a friend from sports gave us the kids name and said he went to HS in Lafayette. After a call to PHPD a call was made to Lafayette PD and wouldn’t you know the parents had the kid come and apologize and fix the damage. It’s still a small world sometimes.

7 Anon December 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Your kids likely know who did it

8 VikingPrincess December 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

From what I read, your husband is assisted by two teenagers to decorate and it appears you suspect teenagers buggered up your artwork? Perhaps you could share with the helpers what happened, pick their brains and see if they might know or hear about it during school break. Like minds can be helpful, as I truly would have trouble understanding their actions ;).

9 Sandy December 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I am the one who’s house was vandalized. Thank you all for the kind comments and keeping your eyes and ears open. My kids were devastated by what happened. They couldn’t comprehend how anyone could do this. But we didn’t let it ruin our Christmas! We all got out there as a family and repaired what we could, and rigged the rest to get us through this season. If these were local teenagers, then I’m sure once school starts up, we may be able to figure out who did this. Again, thank you all, and thank you Claycord for being such a great resource.