BEWARE: Package Thieves Lurking Around Neighborhoods on Christmas Eve

December 24, 2013 9:44 am · 12 comments

Today’s the last package delivery before Santa comes, so be sure to keep an eye on those presents that you’re expecting from the USPS, UPS or FedEx, because package thieves will be on the prowl.

Here’s a story from a Claycordian who had an unfortunate experience on Monday….

I had an a UPS delivery stolen right off of my doorstep in Clayton (Oakhurst) yesterday. Of course, it contained Christmas presents for my family. A friend of mine suggested that I let you know do you can offer a simple PSA on Claycord. Unfortunately, this is the era we live in — where people have an utter disregard for others’ private property.

Sorry to hear, thanks for the heads-up.

{ 12 comments }

1 When! December 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM

… Will this madness stop? People just don’t learn,
There are people watching everywhere just
waiting to grab your stuff.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

2 J. December 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I saw the mail man out delivering packages at 6:45 am today. They got up early! I suppose they’ll be out late too.

3 Michael December 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Id keep an eye out for people wearing clothes similar to delivery people.

4 Victim Blamer December 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Should have used the Club on those packages. If you don’t, the poor thieves have no choice but to steal them.

5 Scrooge December 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM

No empathy

6 Sandy Eggo December 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Some packages were opened on Landana this week too. The thieves ripped open the box and left it on the doorstep along with the receipt. Guess they’re at least taking the time to open them to see if it’s something they want.

7 Enfield303 December 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

@Sandy Eggo

Maybe the thieves read Claycord and are making sure there are no booby trapped packages laden with pooh.

8 Anon December 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

There was a reason they use to cut their hand off it stopped them from doing it again.

9 #1 NRA fan and member December 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I’m sitting by my door with a shotgun and a package sitting on my front porch… my Christmas present to Claycord is going to be one less filthy criminal on this planet!

10 JRConcord December 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

#1 NRA dude,
I feel so much safer knowing you are protecting your front porch.
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.. :-)

11 ClayDen December 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Dirtbags.

12 Craig Cannon December 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM

It’s happening everywhere late Today. Really Unfortunate. Let’s all Watch Out for Our Neighbors Safely, the Next Couple Hours. The Slime That Spent Their Money on Drugs, are Now Steeling Gifts for Their Own Families. Merry Christmas! Remember, never approach a Thief On Your Own. Call Police, or Use Bazooka.