ALERT! We Ask That You Don’t Read Claycord.com On Christmas Eve & Christmas

December 24, 2013 14:50 pm · 55 comments

Claycord logo

We have a request, and although it might seem like an odd one, we’re 100% serious.

PLEASE DON’T READ CLAYCORD.com on CHRISTMAS EVE & CHRISTMAS!

Instead of reading Claycord.com, be with your family. Relax. Eat. Smile. Laugh. Watch a movie with the family. Play a game. Put down the cell phones, close the laptops and turn off the computers.

Of course, if you don’t celebrate Christmas, or if you don’t have other plans, or if breaking news happens, we will still be here. We’ve hired somebody for the day who is out of work and doesn’t have any plans on Christmas to post a few stories and to cover breaking news if it happens, so don’t worry, we’re not closing Claycord.

Please, consider our request.

Thanks for all your support throughout the year, and thanks for always visiting Claycord.com!

{ 55 comments }

1 Enfield303 December 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

But…but…but what are we supposed to do? Hang out with family all night and day? Can’t have a fire, can’t go on Claycord? Oh the humanity… Merry Christmas to you and yours Mayor, and all the others that make Claycord go.

2 CLAYCORD.com December 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Merry Christmas to you too, Enfield303. :)

3 mary jawad December 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM

we got a gift from santa merry Christmas

4 mary jawad December 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

5 Shasta Daisy December 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Mayor, what a wonderful idea.
We should all spend more time with family and friends
After church, I’m going for a hike with my brother-in-law and my niece.
Hopefully, starting a new tradition.
Then come home and cook dinner for everyone.

Wishing peace and happiness to all of you out there.

Remembering Radar, a dear friend. I miss you.

Merry Christmas, Mayor and peace to you and your family.

6 I'm The Urban Spaceman December 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

At least post a picture of a log burning in a fireplace…I’ll break out my scratch & sniff yule log and it will seem like Xmas

7 BUT December 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

What if you are stuck at work and can’t be with your loved ones….

8 But wait! December 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

What if we all read it together!!? :)

9 Eddie spaghetti December 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

WTF?…..all of my family are boring as hell!!

10 MadMom December 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Merry Christmas Mayor. Wishing you and your family a truly blessed holiday :)

11 lizzie December 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Happy days to all! Enjoy the season and release all the stress that goes along with it……

12 I can't burn wood... December 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM

…and now I am being told to not read Claycord!?!? OUTRAGEOUS! This society is circling the drain!

;)

13 Howard K Mullins III December 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Great idea.

Have a delightful Holiday.

I’ll be back Thursday.

14 ANON December 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM

“What if you are stuck at work and can’t be with your loved ones….”

Be happy you have a job…..
Be happy you are getting double/triple or time & 1/2
You chose a job that make you work on holidays–too bad..so sad
deal with it

15 Craig Cannon December 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM

But I’m Working, Sitting in my Vehicle bringing TV Viewers Thier Good and Unfortunately the other kinds of News. I’m Also Sending CLAYCORD Snippets! Ok, I Agree Mayor. I have to Work to Survive and Love CLAYCORD Warming The car with Happy Stories. Of Course Not While Driving! That’s Selfish. You and All Claycordians Have a Merry Christmas! I Won’t Send You any Negative or Bad Images. It’s not About Me, it’s about The Birth of a Wonderful Baby over 2000 Years Ago. It’s about Those That are Believers Celebrating This, and Those that are not, Like Athiests and Such, just having a Good Holiday. Food, Fun, and Celebration. That’s What Holiday Means, No Matter Your Belief. See You All Thrursday! Love Each Other, and Family. Peace Out! (Forgive me if I Sneak a Peak at Claycord)! Lonely Out On The Streets All Night!

16 ChampagneKitty December 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

What?!? Somebody WHO IS NOT THE MAYOR may be posting things tomorrow? I’m scared.

17 Elwood December 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
18 Landana December 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM

“great idea” says the people who have family and friends to spend the day.

19 Dorothy December 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

20 RK December 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Awesome job with calycord, fantastic keeps my day interesting :)

21 Pro Fi December 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

GREAT NEWS!!! The Gnomes are back home… KTVU just reported it.
Enjoy the Holiday and Best to the Claycord Community…. each and every one.

22 CLAYCORD.......... December 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

…..is My Family..!!

23 anon December 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Christmas without Claycord.com is like Christmas without a Christmas tree.
Happy Holiday’s Mayor and Claycord.com family.

24 VDS December 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!! Thank you and all your photographers/followers for all you do, to keep us up-to-date and informed about Claycord!!! I hope you get to enjoy the Holiday!! Going to sign off Claycord now & enjoy mine!!

25 funny man December 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

wait wait wait…. spend time with my family?
NOW whos the comedian here

26 Anderson December 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr. Mayor, for all that you do.

And to all the rest of you, too! :D

27 Antler December 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Dear “Hired Somebody”,

Thank you for giving Mayor and his family a breather from all of us! A lot of our Claycord family members live alone or have lost close friends and family members this year, and tonight is especially difficult for them….so they might “check in” just to talk a little.

Sleep well, all. And I do wish each of you a Merry Christmas!!!

28 Craig Cannon December 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

THERE’s GNOME PLACE LIKE G’ HOME!

29 Anon December 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Back at you stop posting to the site for the next 2 days.

30 Doris December 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I did not read Claycord today… But just heard on the news that the Gnomes were returned… And I am sure Claycord was responsible for that!! Merry Christmas to the Mayor and his family!!
Thanks for all you do for us!!

31 Pleasant Jenny December 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM

We had a wonderful night. Love to all of my Claycord friends before I turn in. Thank you for being here, Claycord :)

32 bluebird December 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I love the idea that you are paying someone to sit around and do nothing. Not like that happens where I work…but at 2:45 each day I find aids waiting by the time clock to punch out at 3.

Thank you for being the moderator of the day for us!

33 ChampagneKitty December 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I dunno, bluebird. I wouldn’t call watching over our mighty and precious Claycord doing nothing…for someone unfamiliar this may sound silly, but for many of us, it has become an integral part of our lives…a lot of us would feel lost without it…anything could happen…I would say our substitute has a very very important temp job.

34 bluebird December 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Champagne Kitty, I agree with you: very important temp job. I hope the temp worker didn’t take my comments wrong. I meant if nothing bad happened over the next 48-72 hours, and most of us were spending less time reading Claycord, then their job would be minimal. Claycord is important to our family too; we always turn on the computer for breaking news and pull up Claycord.com.

35 irishill December 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thank you Mr. Mayor, and all who help, for this very special website. It is my lifeline to the community.

36 Whatever December 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Then why are you posting on Christmas Day?

37 Whatever December 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

****posting new articles that is

38 Pm clayton December 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Too late! Merry Christmas!

39 Spoons made me Fat December 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I have no family…

40 Shelly December 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

@ANON #13, my husband is working today. We had Christmas yesterday though. We are VERY gratefull he’s employed, believe me. He works as a food server in a restaurant, and he takes pride in what he does. He makes sure every customer he serves has the best dining experience possible. As a food server he makes $8.00 per hour. Period. No double/tripple/time & 1/2. There are tips involved luckily. The tips he collects from his happy customers he must devide with bussers, food runners, & bartenders on duty. The IRS calculates 15 percent of his sales into his income for tax purposes. Things sometimes are sometimes more complicated than they seem at first glance. There are often diners who go to have a great dining experience and don’t tip, or leave a couple of bucks. More than one might think. I’m sure some of them just don’t know better. We are blessed with good health & happiness. I’m just saying, when you go out to eat in a restaurant, your food is gladly served by someone who may also have a family to feed, clothe, and send to college. They may not have as many options or choices due to circumstances beyond their control. Have a blessed Christmas or whatever else you may be celebrating!

41 macawlady December 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

But some of us really enjoy reading Claycord! We’re full of ham, pie, and eggnog. What else is there to do this lazy afternoon?

?…would also appreciate it if someone could tell me what grocery stores might be open today as my house guests seem to have consumed ALL the milk. Grrrr! (Lol)

42 J. December 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

CVS sells milk. I believe they’re open.

43 @ANON December 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM

A lot of places don’t do double/triple/time 1/2… So yes, I was stuck at work (regular pay) while my family got to spend Christmas Eve together…. GRINCH….you obviously don’t have a job, maybe you should try getting one so I wouldn’t have to work on Christmas Eve to provide food for people like you!

44 Shasta Daisy December 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Okay, the day is almost over…….

45 Connie Dobbs December 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM

#43 I’m sure nobody you served on Christmas Day tipped you. I’m equally sure you stiffed the kitchen, like usual.

46 Cowellian December 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas.

47 @Connie December 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

That’s funny… I don’t work in a restaurant I actually determine Food Stamps eligibility for people like you who take advantage of the system and choose to have everything handed to them instead of getting a job…. What a joke!

48 Connie Dobbs December 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM

#47 Oh. I wash dishes in a restaurant. I make more than you do and it sure sounds like I’m happier with my job. But hey, you get to wear a tie.

49 Connie Dobbs December 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I make more than you do per hour, that is. I support my family and pay down my debt on a part-time job. Cheers.

50 ChampagneKitty December 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We were good while you were gone, Mr. Mayor! Except for Atticus. He wasn’t good. At all. He has to go sit in the corner.

51 Atticus Thraxx December 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I wasn’t all that bad Kitty. I’m just misunderstood.But I’ll do my time in the corner. Think about what I’ve done. :)

52 anon December 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM

snitch

53 Connie Dobbs December 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM

He’s only a lad. Society made him.

54 Cowellian December 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I think Atticus enjoys mentally replaying his escapades.

55 Connie Dobbs December 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

#47 Through your employment in the compassion industry you are privy to supplicants’ personal information. You seem convinced that quite a few of them are malingerers and/or cheats, yet their existence is the reason you have any job at all. You wouldn’t happen to be looking the other way (at the balance on your pension, perhaps) while fraud occurs, would you?