Vehicle Hits Honeybaked Ham Building on Concord Ave. in Concord – One Injured

December 23, 2013 1:14 am · 28 comments

vehicle_juanita

A cashier was injured after a vehicle hit the Honeybaked Ham building on Concord Ave. in Concord on Sunday night.

The victim received non-life-threatening injuries.

A witness tells Claycord.com the person driving the truck popped the clutch and went through the window of the building, injuring the first cashier.

No other injuries were reported.

Thanks to Juanita for the picture!

{ 28 comments }

1 Pleasant Jenny December 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Oh noooooo!

2 James Dean December 23, 2013 at 6:30 AM

What really happenned was, there was only one ham left and the driver was pissed because the cashier sold the last ham to a lady ahead of him….This little piggy definitely had none…LOL

3 Russ December 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Look! Instant Drive Thru!

4 Customer December 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Is the store open today? I’m supposed to pick up an order and the aren’t answering their phone.

5 jb December 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I hope the employee was not hurt badly….how sad to be working and have a car hit you while at work….was the person in the vehicle hurt…or just shook up….just before xmas……Now the front will be boarded up…hope people know the food can still be picked up…but this is not drive thru..

People have been so crazy this time of year….driving way to fast…an in a big hurry..and this kind of thing will happen again…slow down people….enjoy the holidays…you have time to get the last minute present….Merry Xmas to all….

6 Cowellian December 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Navigation by Braille?

Yeah, that never works out well.

7 Winston December 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM

You’d think being inside a building would protect you from drivers around here. This needs to be fixed. Having cars plowing through fences, hydrants and buildings every couple of weeks is simply unacceptable. It’s a far bigger problem than crime is around here.

8 jtkatec December 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Not so sweet now.

9 J. December 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM

The Sprint store on Broadway in Walnut Creek is still boarded up from a few months back when a car went through the front window. I wonder what they are waiting for to fix it?

10 Lucy December 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM

We drove by at 7:00 am and there was a line out the door. Wondered what was going on. Are people really lining up to by a ham at 7 in the morning? And why was someone working at 1am in the morning?

11 Brian December 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Yikes. Was just there yesterday. Good thing I didn’t decide to go today!

12 Craig Cannon December 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Christmas Luck. Little Penetration, lite Injury. Thank God……

13 jb December 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I just drove by and see a long line…so know they are open…hope
the cashier is doing well after being hit by the auto yesterday….

14 Ted K. December 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

What? “The truck popped the clutch” ???

That’s like saying “the gun shot the thief” !!!

Using logic from the liberal left, it’s time to ban trucks.

15 Lucy December 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM

@Ted K…it says “the PERSON driving the truck popped the clutch”…try reading the article before speaking.

16 Christopher December 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Think before you open your mouth Ken K.

17 Silva December 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM

If you don’t know why someone was working there at 1:00 am or in line at 7:00 am you’ve never had a Honeybaked Ham.

18 Antler December 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Was outbound on Concord Avenue this morning at 9:30, and the Honeybaked ham store line went out of sight around the Adobe Street block, so they’re REALLY in business!.

And….ummmmmm…..what is “popping a clutch”? I’ve driven a Jeep….back when I was 12-15 on relatives’ timberland….. but it’s just that I’ve never heard that phrase.

And I was thinking yesterday how intelligent it is for Staples to have such solid (and attractive) bollards in front of their Treat Boulevard store.

19 Ken K December 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I didn’t say squat! Leave me out of it.

20 Starman December 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

No safety poles you pull right up to the store need to rethink that lot

21 Lucy December 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM

@ Silva…Nope have never had one! A Ham is a Ham as far as I am concerned. Spending $100 on a Ham is ridiculous.

22 Silva December 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

@ Lucy, I don’t suggest you try a Honeybaked Ham right now when thousands of devotees are lined up for theirs. They also sell smaller sizes, and if you go in during the off season (any other time besides the Holidays) the delicious glaze will be on the ham, not melted into a mess on the foil. I probably will never again afford one either, but I’m glad to have had it.

23 mohairs December 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

that person couldn’t wait for that ‘cracklin’ sweet glaze’… i hope everyone’s alright. and maybe some of those concrete poles would help a lot.

24 Sharla December 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM

All this for Honey Baked Ham? I make my own and it’s much, much better.

25 Pleasant Jenny December 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM

@Sharla if you would care to share your recipe I would love to skip the Ham line next year. Jetsfan8675309@gmail.com.

26 Dr. Jellyfinger December 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Sharla – No, it isn’t.
Honey Baked hams are like manna from heaven. They are simply a culinary orgasm of sweet smokey flavor. Tender, Juicy, perfectly cut and delicious every time without fail. The only way yours could be better s if you are in fact, an angel who possesses God’s own perfect recipe for baked ham.

I invite you to prove to me that your ham is better than Honey Baked Ham’s by inviting me (and a dozen of my friends… er… I mean “fellow judges”) to dinner to determine who makes the better ham. Do you have a blender? We always bring everything needed to make great margaritas but if you have a blender that’d help.

27 Sam Y December 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Did all those people who were standing in that LONG line today, that wrapped around the building through the parking lot ACTUALLY order a ham in advance or were they just there trying to buy one? Why would anyone stand in a line that long for a HAM???

28 Pleasant Jenny December 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

@Sam Y – the majority had reservations as I did. Those that did not were polled in the line and told they would have to settle for whatever size they had in excess. I spent $63 for a 9lb half ham with a jar of the yummy champagne mustard. We have all five of our kids home (4 here from college and one full time “oops” teenager). It will be the main course this evening, sandwiches for another day or two and then I will make soup. I consider it a bargain when we are all together. That, and well, it is just so tender and flavorful.