Vehicle Burglary Suspect Arrested in Concord on Sunday Night

December 23, 2013 0:45 am · 33 comments

At least one vehicle burglary suspect was taken into custody in the area of Willow Pass Rd. & Lynwood Dr. on Sunday night around 9pm.

Police originally responded to the area after a report came in saying two people were on Elkwood Dr. looking into vehicles and trying door handles. When police arrived on scene, the suspects fled on foot.

A Sheriff’s helicopter assisted with the search.

One suspect was located a short time later, and had to be tased by police before he was taken into custody.

No major injuries were reported, and the suspect’s identity has not been released at this time.

{ 33 comments }

1 Amy December 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Yeah CPD!

2 Horse'n Around December 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Awsome! Thank you CPD for getting more scum off the streets!

3 santa's helper December 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Great reporting Mayor…wondered what all the commotion was last night..assumed it was domestic..

4 annon December 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

REALLY, police roadblocks, many many officers, and a helicopter for car break ins????????????????????????????

5 Anonymous December 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

But wait! This is not one of the Chiefs goals. Those Officers should have been out preventing domestic violence.Possibly peeking in windows and watching for hints of abuse.

6 J. December 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Please don’t tase me, bro.

7 mutts December 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Ahhh, Christmas in the big house. Sweet

8 love December 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM

@ annon I agree with you! Wow!

9 Concord Mike December 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Great job Concord Police !!!

10 cg December 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thank you police you are the best.

11 Rotten Robbie December 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Both suspects have been caught and ID’d. One dumbass even lives on Lynwood; pretty stupid to be burglarizing in your own neighborhood.

12 Anon December 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Glad to hear was only a car burglary. It looked like a crime scene….

13 I'm The Urban Spaceman December 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I’ve got a buddy on that street…he has a lot of firepower…and the intolerance to use them.

14 kristina December 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

sorry to be off topic how do i submit my indecent my car was broken into and stolen items i have the video from our are not helping. i am in an apartment complex and there has been a few problems our cameras have caught on tape and there is no further action being done to prevent this i was hopong posting my incedent will help figure out who this may be and if they are linked to any other indedents. our complex is being targeted and we can only do so much with the little help we have. the links on the site dont work i just want to get this video and picture out there so these people can get whats coming to them and i can have some peace of mind.

15 CLAYCORD.com December 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

You can email it to news@claycord.com.

16 The Name's Jim December 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Most home burglaries are committed by individuals living within two miles of the scene.

Congrats to CPD for the capture and for avoiding bystander injuries. As one who had a front window view of last night’s “festivities” — which took place closer to 8 PM — I agree with the suggestions that the response appeared extreme, given it was to capture “suspicious” individuals. Helicopter, roadblocks, speeding squad cars, etc., to capture two on foot and, apparently, a bicycle. An older couple crossing the street were nearly struck during the commotion. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t want a capture if I’d been a target, but little wonder most victims are instructed to “go to the website” to report non-injury traffic collisions, home thefts, and the like.

17 ex94521 December 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Did the perps succeed in actually breaking into a car? The story is unclear. If they were looking into cars and trying door handles is that a chargeable crime? What is the crime? Would like to see them off the streets but this sounds like China. Can you arrest someone for the intent to commit a crime?
Lawyers, law enforcement, anyone? I am very curious. I would hate to see the city get sued over this.

18 C.P.D. Knows... December 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

And so do the residents in the area.
Those that say it was an over reaction
would be the first to Kvetch if they were
the victims!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

19 annon December 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM

UNLESS

20 annon December 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

uNLESS…THE HOUSE on Elkwood that reported someone trying to get into cars, was the infamous house that was originally a POT FARM, for medical pot, thats something that did not cross my mind until now…..thats also where one police car was sitting. If this is true we as residents need the full true story, thats why we took them to the city council to ban the OUTSIDE grow. This needs further investigation.

21 Horse'n Around December 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

What do you people want? Do you want the bad guys caught or not? Some of you on here sound like your siding with the criminal.

22 Silva December 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Sounds pretty fishy!

23 Emily December 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My family called in the burglaries. After my car alarm went off we ran outside to see two dark figures riding away on bikes. We then watched the guys break into 2 other cars a few houses down. They weren’t breaking windows though, they were using a jimmy we believe. The police came to our house to take our statement and told us 6 others had called in to report burglaries. How ignorant to think that car burglaries are unimportant. Many people leave Christmas presents in their cars this time of year. Thank you to the concord PD for keeping us safe!

24 annon December 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Sorry I do not buy @23……..car burglaries are important, but not at the risk of racing pd cars when there were people out and neighbors getting together.

25 anonymous December 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Glad the thieves got caught. The Deserve To Spend Christmas In jail. POS scumbag tweekers. You steal from people, you don’t deserve to keep your hands.

26 Silva December 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

DON’T leave anything in your car you can’t afford to replace or is irreplaceable!

27 Disgusted with all thieves December 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

@23 Emily,

THANKS for calling it in! I am glad these two thieves were caught. I wish more people would call in suspicious activities when they see them.

28 Cautiously Informed December 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It’s time to start charging all criminals for all of their crimes. If I get traffic ticket I have to pay. If I burn in my fireplace on the wrong day I have to pay. If
I’m late sending in my car registration I have to pay(lots more!).

I say make the criminals pay for the cops time enforcing the law, for their jail time, for the prosecutors time to build the case…..and so on.

Why should honest citizens have to pay for it all???

29 Hahaha December 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

They both are released, one of the kids had over $2,000 on him while he was arrested

30 Bufford December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don’t even care what his name is! Just give me 5 minutes alone with the punk, that’s all I want! Just 5 minutes alone with him!!!

31 snitch December 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

To bufford I give u 10min holla back tuff guy

32 mob December 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Buffordill give u 10min tuff guy holla back

33 annon December 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM

@29 how do you know they were kids, what age? and how do you know they were released?