UPDATE: Woman Robbed of Cell Phone at Downtown Concord BART Station

December 19, 2013 16:57 pm · 19 comments

A woman was the victim of a strong-arm robbery at about 4:45pm on Thursday near the bus stop at the downtown Concord BART station.

The woman suffered a bloody mouth after at least one of the suspects punched her, but no life-threatening injuries were reported.

The suspects are described as two black females in their teens. No other information is currently available.

UPDATE: According to BART PD, two teenage suspects under the age of 18 were taken into custody at a nearby residence. No phone was located. Both the suspects were also ordered to stay away from BART for 30 days.

{ 19 comments }

1 Gosh December 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Anyone really surprised ? It’s bart

2 SMH December 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Are you sure they were black…

3 Ranchgirlca December 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Why I take BART from WC or Lafayette.

4 Gabriel LeBaron December 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I think I saw them they were two females dressed like dudes, they walked up to the taco truck about knocking people out, and people get slept.

5 Lari December 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I have to walk to the Mesa lot every eve and I take off my headphones, put away the phone before getting off the train and always park under a streetlight if I can.

6 Lari December 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

@Ranchgirlca: Well, driving from Claycord down Ygnacio to get to those stations is not worth the traffic to me, and then parking is very hard at those stations. What time do you leave the house?

7 stoner December 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

People are robbed of their cell phones and all other Personal Electronic Devices everywhere in the world every single minute of every day. Why does Claycord.com continue to target BART as the source of all this crime? (car theft,bike theft, catalyc converter theft,rape …..) Maybe to fuel the trolls that keep this site going. Try telling the public ways to protect themselves from these types of crime instead?

8 redding December 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM

What a place. Damned bart, all or nothing it seems.

9 Concord Mike December 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I must disagree with stoner post 7.

I am glad the Mayor posts crime stats and crime examples. People need to know what is going on around them.

News of car break ins, robberies, and burglaries remind folks to be careful and aware. I also appreciate the fact that descriptions of the perps and details of the crimes are provided. You will never hear that info on the evening news.

10 Lorelei December 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Uh……where are the highly-compensated BART security people???

11 John December 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I’m not surprised. BART security and the Concord PD are right there.

12 Anonymous December 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Dear Mr Stoner,
You have a name congruent with your posts

13 Elwood December 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM

@ stoner #7

“Try telling the public ways to protect themselves from these types of crime instead?”

A 9mm Glock usually discourages scumbags quite a bit.

14 dispassionate in Concord December 20, 2013 at 6:15 AM

How are they going to keep these lowlifes from Bart for 30 days? Who’s tax dollars or fairs is going to pay for this? Is that enough punishment for what they did?

15 Lari December 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Wow. Like BART agents, who don’t even blink an eye when youth jump the fare gate in front of them, will really do anything if these derelicts are back today? What a joke.

16 RanchgirlCA December 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM

@lari I seldom take BART and work somewhat locally. I only take BART to get into SF for events or to get to SFO. Also, I’m not located near YVR, so luckily the traffic there isn’t an issue either.

17 Random Task December 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

wow

18 Random Task December 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

so #7 really tell people how to not get manhandled …….try voting for chage instead of party 1st of all then vote for change in the re-educate policy forn the jails …..instead of letting the out early and or underage/want oto be adults who commit physical harm go to jail real easy to do if you raise your hand and say nope not voting for unions and or entitled.

19 Random Task December 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

wow one should not rant when they have 15 seconds to do it …….