Woman Loses Husband’s iPhone After Stroke – Offers $100 Reward

December 16, 2013 9:30 am · 19 comments

A fellow Claycordian is asking for your help to find her ailing husband’s iPhone, which she lost on Sunday while visiting him at John Muir Hospital on Ygnacio Valley Rd. in Walnut Creek.

My husband suffered a stroke last Friday. I have been carrying his iphone with me. But I lost it yesterday afternoon while visiting him in the Trauma ICU unit of John Muir on Ygnacio Valley Road.

If anyone found it, please return it to me. I will give a $100 reward.

My name is Patricia Ip
Phone # 925-639-7241

This phone is important to us at this time because I use it to contact my husband’s friends and family members and co-workers some of whom I don’t have the contact information.

It is very bad enough to have a loved one in ICU. It is worse to lose his/her phone while he/she is fighting hard to recover.

We hope your husband recovers, and we also hope somebody has a big enough heart to return the phone they found on Sunday at John Muir Hospital.

{ 19 comments }

1 PING your phone December 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Set up a free ICloud and “ping” you phone…find my phone. Gives you an exact location on a map.

2 JET December 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Unfortunately, from what I understand, the ‘find your iphone’ feature will only work if you have previously installed the software on your iphone – but maybe I’m wrong?

I truly hope that someone will find this phone and return it to her, hopefully she has already checked with the people at John Muir and they will be on the lookout as well.

3 Michelle December 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I hope you checked the lost and found, sorry to say most wouldn’t turn in an iphone. you should ping your phone before someone changes the receiver, if they haven’t already.

4 Teacher December 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Try calling it and see if someone answers. I answered someone’s phone once that had lost it and was able to locate the owner. Worth a try.

5 Cellular Guy December 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Contact the carrier and ask if they can locate it. If not, contact the local cellular stores (the independents) and tell them to be on the lookout for it and that if they buy it, you’ll reimburse them.

Good luck

6 Encyclopedia33 December 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Go to the apple store. They can send a message to the phone. I had it happen to me. The phone will ping and a threatening message appears to whomever has it to call a number to get it back to the owner. It can be tracked.

7 Clayanon December 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Even if you don’t get his phone back, hopefully he stored his contacts in icloud. As others said, go to an apple store (or if your carrier is AT&T go to an AT&T store) and even if you end up having to get a new phone, they should be able to restore his contacts (among other things).

8 Khloe December 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I hope a miracle happens.

9 Angelica December 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I hope they get their iPhone back. Hopefully someone will return it, and politely decline the $100.00 reward.

10 PING your phone December 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yes, the above poster is correct. The “Find My Phone” only works if you set your Iphone’s privacy settings.

Settings – Privacy – Location Services – Find my Phone (ON)

11 Apple store manager! December 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Well if you have another apple device you can download the app called “find my I phone” and you can track all your devices that you have on that same apple I’d, it has to be the same apple I’d of the iPhone that way it can work or bring it to the apple store and we will gladly help u!!

have a wonderful holidays to all from your walnutcreek apple store
sincerely ,
William

12 LSU December 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

uh, apple manager, did u forget that if the iPhone didn’t have find my iPhone turned on that you can’t activate it?

13 Steve Jobson December 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Maybe an Android device would be been better.

14 Apple store manager! December 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM

@LSU… The new ios 7 does let u you use always haves find my iPhone turned on.
@steve jobson apple is way better than android, just because apple has find my iPhone and etc!!
have a wonderful holidays from your walnut creek apple store
sincerely,
William
P.S I tried calling the lady but she won’t answer!!

15 Tiana December 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

On Friday I had my purse stolen from the hospital as we’ll. it’s not even the $100 I had in it that I care about, my whole life was in my purse. My passport and id as well as my boyfriends id who is injured and I was visiting. How low can you get. Obviously if you’re at the hospital you’re already dealing with hard times, and then that happens.

16 gman December 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM

My son had his iphone pick pocketed from him at the movie theater in walnut creek a couple of months ago. He went to a friend who worked at an Apple store and they did something and told him the address of where the phone was at. He went to the address and confronted the person with some of his friends. What happened I don’t know and don’t want to know but he came home with his phone.

17 Miss Chatty December 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

@ gman- That is awesome! Bet they were super surprised to see your son come to “claim” his property! Sounds like you raised your son the way I have raised mine- take care of business!

18 LINK TO STORY December 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Hi,

This is Patricia Ip. My husband has been recovering really well, and he actually was transferred to the rehab unit in John Muir. John Muir is such a fabulous hospital. The doctor told me that everything points to a complete recovery for my husband. He will have months of therapy.

Thank you so much, claycord, and everyone for your advice and we’ll wishes.

I just saw the post from the Apple Store Manager, William today. I called the walnut creek apple store and they said they don’t have a manager by the name of William. Thee must be some mistake.

Thank you again!

Patricia

19 ChampagneKitty December 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Patricia, I’m glad to hear that your husband is recovering! There are different ways a stroke can affect someone and it’s wonderful that he is responding to therapy.