The Water Cooler – The Best Decorated Homes During the Holidays

December 16, 2013 12:00 pm · 28 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Most of us know about www.LightsOfTheValley.com, the website that features wonderful Christmas displays from all around Northern California. However, the website doesn’t list ALL the best decorated homes in our community, only a few.

Tell us about your favorite decorated house, and don’t forget to include the street name & city.

Talk about it….

{ 28 comments }

1 Anonymous December 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Patterson right off of Boyd, Pleasant Hill.

2 @#1 December 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Yep. I was going to say the same thing.

3 Frank L. December 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

There is a really nice one on my street in Lafayette, but I don’t care to say what street I live on. You can’t see if from the freeway.

4 Dorothy December 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Any that have decorations or lights on for the season.

5 Buddy December 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

First house on Manor Ave in Walnut Creek. Very nice display.

6 Dorothy December 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Want to add: All houses that leave their Christmas lights on until dawn so the people who have to go to work in the dark can have a bit cheer.

7 Huh? December 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Thank you for that wonderful insight Frank L (sarcasm). Why take the time to write that there is one in Lafayette if you’re not going to share where???

8 anon666 December 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Christmas Tree Lane in Alameda (Thompson Ave) is pretty impressive. The whole street is done up. I was there last night and there were hundreds of people there checking out the lights.

9 Isabelle December 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

There are so many houses in claycord that fit this description. I was pleasantly surprised.

10 Anon December 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Great tip Frank L ( aka Paranoid Pete )

11 Anoymous December 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Discovery way off of Pine Hollow in Concord….lots of houses with lights.

12 IT December 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Discovery way in Concord. There is few of them :)

13 RK December 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I love the decorations at the corner house @ McKean Dr. & Montfield place in concord. They have all the reindeers, Santa and decent lighting.

14 Reality Check December 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

It was a no brainer especially with all of the experience…I remember my favorite house last christmas that was decorated in a nix-u design. All of the arguing back and forth as to which of the houses had the best design withthe reindeer antlers all over it. That was it, I wonder sometimes what happened to it.

15 The Closer December 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM

There used to be a good one on Hillside dr. in North Concord.

16 Anonymous December 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Christmas Tree Lane in Alameda is THE best!

17 Cowellian December 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

It’s a very delicate balancing act to remind people that he lives in Lafayette without making it easy for people from Claycord to show up in his neighborhood to steal unsigned packages off the porch, unclub the Hondas, and look at Christmas lights.

18 George Pohley December 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Discovery Way in Concord off Pine Hollow. Go all the way up the street, a lot of great decorated homes.

19 JET December 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Umm, Olive Drive where Mr. Christmas lives of course! :)

I have seen his decorations every year for at least 20 years!! And I have the DVD :)

20 Princess December 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I wish it were possible to add “likes” to some people’s comments here. If so, I’d be adding a like for everyone who commented on the paranoid Lafayette dweller. I had started to respond in kind, but so many others had already said it so well. Especially Cowellian … totally had me laughing. Thanks for the holiday giggles!

21 ClayDen December 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Candy Cane Lane in Pacific Grove (off of Forest) is amazing.

22 Nutcreek Frontier December 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Love Discovery Way in Concord, with a special shoutout to the Palm Beach Christmas House, love it and the pink flamingos!

23 Cowellian December 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thanks, Princess. I try. ;)

24 Cowellian December 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, Mr. Christmas on Olive Drive is just one of the things I miss from Claycord.

25 Love to Light It Up! December 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

As someone who enjoys decorating the outside so kids big & small can enjoy, I’m afraid to say where. We were vandalized 3 years ago and I dont want to draw attention. We do a nice classic look but the thugs (maybe the Crystal Ranch Mob?) had to ruin our fun. We don’t live in Crystal Ranch, much closer to CV so if you drive by and see us outside admiring our own lights, feel free to say hi and share in our smiles.

26 LostBoysMom December 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM

On Halifax Way at Mackenzie. They have a display that spreads over two yards.

27 Buck Million December 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Retired Judge Calhoun hires someone to decorate his beautiful home in Danville on Love Ln.to dance with the music. http://vimeo.com/80950899
Discovery way is great again ….. AND the Palm Beach Christmas House has some competition this year … like George said, follow Discovery all the way up and see a great house on the left. Many nice homes along the way.

28 ELM December 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I highly recommend Christmas Tree Lane in Alameda. I know it is a bit of a drive for us out here, but even if you see it just one time it is something you (and especially the kids) will remember forever.