DUI Enforcement Operations Planned this Weekend in Concord

December 14, 2013 15:00 pm · 9 comments

Officers from the Concord Police Department’s DUI Enforcement Team will be deploying this weekend to stop and arrest alcohol and drug-impaired drivers in the Department’s ongoing traffic safety campaign. DUI Saturation Patrols will deploy on Saturday December 14, 2013 between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. in areas with high frequencies of DUI collisions and/or arrests.

CPD Traffic Sergeant Cody Harrison said “This is a ‘Zero Tolerance’ crackdown so Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over!”

In California, this deadly crime led to 774 deaths in 2011 because someone failed to designate a sober driver. Over the course of the past three years, DUI collisions have claimed 8 lives and resulted in 110 injury crashes harming 154 of our friends and neighbors.

DUI can impact the economy in addition to the pain and suffering of those immediately affected. Conservatively, a fatality has a $1.4 million impact, an injury $70,000, and a crash that only damages property averages nearly $9000.

“California’s roadways are very much safer today than they were just a few years ago,” said Sergeant Harrison “The Concord Police Department will be keeping the pressure on through enforcement and public awareness so that we can continue saving lives and prevent injuries.”

Funding for this program is from a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Report Drunk Drivers, Call 911!

{ 9 comments }

1 Anonymous December 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

A prize to the first nut job to tell us this is unconstitutional. Additional prize if the word “Sheeple” is used.

2 Mark December 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Good take the illegal aliens off the road while you are at it.

They are mostly inexperienced, uninsured, unlicensed drivers and are a danger to the rest of us.

Why does CPD give them a free pass?

3 Alisha December 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM

DUI checkpoints are always an excellent idea.

The same people who are against it probably think it’s all right to leave your packages on the porch all day.

It’s called being illogical.

Get the drunks off the road.

4 Anon December 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Illegal aliens gets a free pass because this hippie state of ours is loaded with bleeding heart liberals who figure it is all our responsibility to fix others problems even if they are too lazy to fix it themselves or just plain cowards.

Vote all incumbents out 2014!

5 Keith December 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Since when are illegal aliens getting a free pass?

Through all drunks in jail where they belong!

6 Fig Newton December 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM

The Concord Police are always making this city safe,,,,,,,,,,,,, I’m proud to say I live here in Concord,and have one of the Best Police Dept’s in the State!

7 Mimi (original) December 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM

@Keith: the word is THROW.

8 Be careful December 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Illegals aren’t even asked to pay child support! In fact the county won’t even go after them like they do other fathers who are citizens. I kid you not I know of one who has 9 children, and of course they’re all on welfare. His Mother runs a house cleaning business, and she has illegals working for her and they are making the $$$! I don’t know the name of the party but believe me if I did I’d be calling someone.
p.s. I’m one of the bleeding heart liberals Anon, but I’m strictly against illegal immigration. So before you shoot your big mouth off and lump us into one category, may I suggest you research what your talking about. Thank you.

9 Keith December 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM