Suspicious Vehicle Spotted on Wilson Lane During Burglary in Concord

December 13, 2013 9:00 am · 16 comments

If you live near Wilson & Mendocino in Concord, keep your eyes out for a silver Dodge Ram extended cab truck.

One Claycordian claims the person inside the vehicle was involved in a residential burglary earlier this week.

Here’s more information from the Claycordian who sent the photo….

There has been a rash of burglaries near Wilson Lane and Mendocino Drive.

The latest was our home on Wilson Lane Monday morning December 9th at about 10:30 am.

Suspect knocked on our neighbor’s door, who was home and answered, the suspect asked for someone named Marcus and then moved on to the next house. Since no one answered our door, suspect proceeded to open side gate to yard, and then entered our house by prying open the locked sliding glass door.

The suspect took off with change and currency from the bedroom, he also took a video camera, point and shoot camera, camera bag, and brief case with papers.

Witness described suspect was described as 6’ tall, 22 to 24 years old, light skin Hispanic/black male with extremely dark eyes.

Seen getting into a silver Dodge Ram truck with extended cab that was parked nearby. Driver was middle aged black male with baseball cap as well as two women passengers (one blonde one brunette). The next day the truck and driver (black male with baseball cap) was seen parked on Mendocino near Wilson.

We lost some video tapes and photo card that have family pictures on them and would really like them back if anyone finds them.

Thanks for the note. Claycordians, beware!

{ 16 comments }

1 TC December 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Instead of sitting on your lazy ass and doing nothing about it maybe you should have stopped the guy. But instead you choose to write about it here. People need to step up and arm themselves.

2 Whatever December 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM

@TC: “Stopping the guy” Right… the legal ramifications, not including the physical risks, that are involved with being a vigilante on public property would be worse than the camera, case, coins, etc.

However, if that fool decided to knock on my door, I’d quietly wait till he entered, pretending I’m not home, then allow my dog to rip his face off, film it on my camera and post it on you tube. I’d hope he’d have a weapon so I can click two shots with my AR. I’d film that to. If he enters my house, I am protected by law, if I go out and act like a tough guy, then the criminal could sue me or I’d serve time. But if you want to be “kickass” go right ahead fool.

3 Julie December 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Always keep a stick in your sliding glass door. That way if they pry it off, they still can’t open it.

We have sticks in all our windows and our sliding glass door in the family room.

I’m married to law enforcement……

4 mutts December 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Laws are too lenient, this is more than having stuff stolen. Overcrowded prisons? Too bad. People…watch out for each other. If someone comes to your door like this, keep an eye on them when they leave. How hard can that be. Sadly, we just have to be suspicious. It would be so gratifying to see these low life nailed.

5 HowBrazen December 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Thats terrible. Sorry this happened to you. Pretty brazen of the scum to be knocking on people’s doors showing their faces. I hope they get caught. Now is a good time to get a good guard dog.

6 anon December 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM

A truck by that description was towing a humongous flatbed trailer two nights ago. The driver was driving very erratically and aggressively on Concord Blvd before 6th Street headed from Concord toward Clayton. If there are any cameras capturing traffic maybe the license plate can be read.

7 bhuppert December 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

About putting sticks in your sliding doors- #3,
the Eichler homes which have at least six
sliding glass doors,have the sliding door on the outside and the stationary door on the inside.

8 Dave December 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM

This sounds a lot like the guy who broke into our house last month. I will be on the lookout for this vehicle and those suspects.

9 Dorothy December 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Security systems! Get one installed. Sometime just having a sign out front that there is a security system is enough to send crooks to other empty homes instead.

My system covers all doors and windows except the bathroom – which has a stick. Also had security gates put on all doors leading into the house and garage. (Grew up in a SF bad area, brought my paranoia with me.) I actually live in a nice area and neighbors watch out for each other.

10 Shelley December 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Loud dogs, sticks in doors and windows, security system (or at least the sign), watching out for neighbors, etc. are all deterrents.

Have “something” in place to keep from being victimized.

11 P.H. Neighbor December 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

So sorry this happened to you.
It’s so violating, & creepy to have the evil energy even in our home.
It happened to us two yrs ago, we were being watched. It was a Wed. @ 11:00 am. We left in a cab headed Bart with luggage.
I think there were over 12 burglaries in our neighborhood, they finally caught them…one was a female who shimmied through our doggie door.
I will always be looking out for my neighbors…it’s gotten so bad these days. What’s going to happen in 10-20 yrs. from now. Terrible.

12 unknown December 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Take pictures and license numbers, then call police.

13 mika December 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Tell your neighbor to call the police next time strangers are knocking on their door, asking for some non-person and then watch them go into your backyard. Maybe you need to form a neighborhood watch. Sorry about your loss but it sounds like your neighbor failed to help you.

14 Megatron December 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

@TC…The way I’m reading this submission is that they were not home, and thus could not have gotten off of their “lazy ass” to stop the guy. Jeeze. It’s like an NRA sewing circle in the comments on this blog sometimes.

15 Santa Claus December 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

& don’t forget the chimney that’s the way I usually get in!!!!!!!!!

16 Aunt Aginist December 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Aunty A. says get a big dog!