Contra Costa Health Department Issues Advisory for Smoke in Concord

December 11, 2013 9:33 am · 17 comments

stanwell6

Wednesday, 9:33am: Because of smoke from the fire at 2371 Stanwell in Concord, a health advisory has just been issued as a precaution for a half mile radius around the fire.

The areas south of Olivera Road and Highway 4, east of 680, north of Willow Pass Road and West of 242. People with pre-existing respiratory health conditions should avoid the area or keep their windows and doors closed.

RELATED STORIES:

{ 17 comments }

1 Lisa December 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

so….I wonder how many people are going to rush to the hospital to complain of respiratory problems and then try to sue the company. Oh wait….it’s not Chevron and this isn’t Richmond so I guess we just feel bad for the company and let it go. This company doesn’t have the deep pockets that people like to go after Chevron for.

Let the discussion begin.

2 cobie December 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I for one live in the area they are talking about. I am on oxygen 24/7 and I AM staying indoors…….And NO I will not file any law suit….

3 cobie December 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thank You Claycord once again for the update

4 BAAQMD December 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

The owner of that building needs to attend a smoke awareness class. How inconsiderate of them to have a fire when some people have breathing problems.

5 Blue Fan December 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I bought an Austin Air 4 stage HEPA air filter for my bedroom about four years ago. It worked so well I got a larger one for my family room. I got tired of breathing the smoke from all the fireplaces in my neighborhood. They work really well. My nose is un-stuffed all the time now. It has been years since I could breathe so well. Helps a ton for the spring and fall allergies too. I wish I could find something as good for my car, I commute to Livermore from Concord everyday .

6 Anon December 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Don’t they know this is a no burn day.

How rude

7 Howard K Mullins III December 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Took them long enough to issue the Health Advisory. Must have been a long line at Starbucks this morning.

8 Anon December 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Wait, I thought today was supposed to be a no burn day!

9 T-Rex December 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Does this mean that they will get a spare the air fine for today? :)

10 @Blue Fan December 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Kudos to you for doing something to help yourself, rather than whining and expecting the rest of the world to coddle you. Seriously, society needs more people like you.

11 Dave December 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Where are the air Nazis? This company needs to be fined! How dare they think they can burn on a spare the air day!

12 oldman December 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I think we need a warning whenever anyone passes gas.

13 Jim December 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM

@Dave…I’m with you…such a reckless regard for a law meant to protect the community… I say.. off with their heads!

14 Anon December 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I could smell it this morning on Clayton…I was looking for someone burning plastics…crazy how smoke travels

15 Pro Fi December 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Shaking my head in amusement again…..
If your comments weren’t so sad they might actually be funny. OOOOO and by the way AQI for the day 85…. come on Claycord… you can do better then that!!!!
Did ya ever stop to think….
They tried volunteer STA days… no one would give it up…. so now they are mandated. And since none of you will ride BART becuz you are above that too this is the last resort. And for those of you that believe big business is immune:

I apologize in advance for attempting to inject any sense of maturity or scholarship into the Claycord community.

16 Antler December 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Went outside at 6:30 this morning to pour boiling water onto the birdbath ice. The outside air smelled exactly like shorted-out electrical wiring (near Concord Blvd. and Thornewood).

17 Triple Canopy December 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Do they get fined for burning on a STA day?