Sad. House on New York Dr. in Concord isn’t Shining Bright this Year – Owner Needs Kidney Transplant

December 10, 2013 10:02 am · 29 comments

kidney

The beautifully decorated house on New York Drive in Concord, which usually has thousands of lights and dozens of figures synchronized with Christmas music, is dark this year.

A banner in front of the home says they were unable to decorate the house this year due to illness.

One of the owners of the home needs a kidney transplant, and is currently on the waiting list.

They are urging everybody to register yourself as a donor. You can do so by clicking ON THIS LINK.

Good luck to the Anderson family. We hope you get the kidney you need as soon as possible and we wish you a Merry Christmas.

{ 29 comments }

1 Connie December 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Wishing you well!

2 JET December 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM

So sad, I wish them the best and a happy holiday!
This was a great way for them to utilize their popular address to let people know how important it is to register for organ donation.
God Bless…..

3 jumpNjacks December 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

So sad to hear but can’t believe that a sign company would take their money and print a sign with so many misspellings. It is horrible.

4 Mel December 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

As of right now, 22,583 people are on the transplant waiting list in California – 18,585 are waiting for a kidney. If you haven’t yet PLEASE register as a donor. You can give hope to those who are waiting. Go to http://www.donatelifecalifornia.org or http://www.ctdn.org. 2 minutes is all it takes.
Best wishes to the Anderson family.

5 Scrappy December 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

@jumpinjacks wow your right! I read the whole thing without noticing. Then reread it and saw all the mistakes immediately. What happened to spell check??
I do hope the the sign company didn’t charge them. I make signs too and I would’ve done this one Free!

6 Frank L. December 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM

@JumpNjacks-3

Maybe they did the sign themselves. If you paid to have it done (and you can spell yourself), you would notice the spelling errors, and have it re-done before you paid for the darn thing.

Praying the Anderson family gets their kidney transplant.

7 Neighbor December 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

C’mon people. Focus. Why waste any energy on sign misspellings?!!! Just wish them well and be on your way. The Anderson’s are lovely people. If your meant to wish them well in hopes they see your post, how do you really think it would feel that some people find it necessary to point out a flaw. You should be ashamed!

8 Keith December 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

@ Neighbor~~~#7

You can wish the Anderson’s well, and notice the misspellings. Things should be spelled correctly. The last thing the Anderson’s are worried about is other peoples opinion of spelling.

I hope the Anderson’s get their kidney.

9 anon December 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM

#8 Andersons. Andersons Andersons.

10 Mitch December 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

@ anon-#9

That would be Anderson’s, Anderson’s Anderson’s.

11 Stephanie December 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I wish you the best . . . I am donating a kidney to my partner in January, otherwise, I would be happy to be tested for you. I encourage everyone to be tested as a living donor. The risks are few and the rewards unparalleled. How often will you be able to truly give the gift of life to another person? It is powerful.

12 Friend December 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Is there really a reason to be so picky over spellings and punctuation?
Let’s see these petty people walk an hour in his shoes, not even a day but one hour, and see how much spelling matters then.
Some days he is so sick he can’t even get out of bed, let alone sit for hours tied to a machine.
He feels guilty for not making your Christmas brighter knowing how much YOUR Children enjoy it!
Leave the man’s spelling alone.

13 Nicole December 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I was taught spelling and punctuation always counts.

In this situation, perhaps it doesn’t matter. God bless the Anderson family.

14 itsme December 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM

This is the season for miracles. May you find yours. Peace be with you.

15 Lily December 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I wish the Anderson family good health & a peaceful holiday season. I understand what they are going through because my husband is also in need of a kidney & is on the waiting list. I went through the donor process & unfortunately was not excepted do to a tumor that was located while being checked. Although the tumor has been removed & I am fine I am not allowed to donate but I would encourage people to go through the process, if nothing else this may save your life :)

16 Mike December 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

This signs been up for three weeks and no one including myself noticed the errors. I drive by it everyday. I guess the great thing about the internet is there is always someone out there who thinks about the fine print and not the big picture. To you I say find a way to enjoy life. Quit looking for ways to put others down or even embarrass this poor family. I don’t think this family put up this sign to prove their intelligence but to draw attention to a real problem. Oh, and maybe I spelled a few words wrong here or used the wrong punctuation but have you read anything on Twitter lately? 
Mike

P.S. Maybe someone with a sign company will reprint the sign the right way and leave it on their door step it is after all Christmas and random acts of kindness have been known to occur? Then again, maybe at this point it’s about the message and not about the sign?

17 Kim December 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I’m not allowed to donate. I may need a kidney myself at one point in the future. But if I could register, I would do it in a heart beat.

18 Sabrina December 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I notice the spelling errors immediately (it’s a pet peeve of mine), but in this case it really doesn’t matter.

I hope Mr. Anderson gets the kidney transplant.

19 JLeong December 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

36,000 people are added each year to the kidney transplant list. 4,800 people die each year die while waiting for the right donor. A person can be on the waiting list for more than 8 years all the while their disease continues to destroy their kidneys. I am 32 years old, I too will have to wait until someone either donates one of their kidneys or someone loses a loved one that is a match. Please do what you can and help. Whether it is donating blood, marrow or a kidney. If we all work together, those waiting for life saving organs & procedures won’t have to die STILL waiting.

20 unknown December 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Mr. Anderson needs a kidney, to bad we can’t just buy one. I see no reason if someone want to sell him a kidney, if it is match. Other countries do it. It also would reduce the waiting list. We send Mr. Anderson and his family our prayers.

21 Sad December 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Many many hugs and prayers to the Andersen family! They have brought years of joy to our family and I truly hope that you get what you need.

22 concerned December 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My heart goes out to them. I wonder if they would Like someone like a group of teens to put up the decorations for them?. I know some kids from CVHS that would do that !

23 Marla December 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM

My thoughts and hope go out to the Anderson family that they get their kidney. My step-dad has been on the list for the past two years and is barely hanging on for us. Kidney disease is a horrible, horrible thing to go through. People think that the patient can just do dialysis and keep going on, but for many this is not true. Everyday my step-dad goes in for dialysis is another day we’re not sure that he will return to be with us. Donors are true heroes, and I hope that the Andersons’ willingness to share their struggle brings forward individuals who are willing to commit the ultimate act of generosity.

24 lg December 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I wish them the best and God Bless!! Why do some people focus on such petty thing as misspelled words when ones life is at stake?

25 Patricia December 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM

@ lg—-24

Because society focuses on literacy.

God bless Mr. Anderson and his family…..

26 hmmmm December 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Subject: inrteetisng

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and the lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

ON the other hand, how much credibility do you give a person who writes in this manner?

27 hmmmm December 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

@ scrappy #5
um, how about ” you’re right” instead of “your right”? If you’re making signs, you’d better learn the difference between “you’re” and “your”.

28 foxylady December 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM

hmmm….

I give the Andersons total credibility even though their sign contains some errors. There is no doubt in my mind that a member of their houshold is in dire need of a kidney transplant. The rest is irrelevent.

29 tippyofwc December 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM

we wish you well, and we are anxiously awaiting next year’s display! we know you’ll be better by then! health & happiness to you and your family. merry christmas!