UPDATE: Bailey Rd. Shut Down in Both Directions Due to Injury Collision

December 9, 2013 17:56 pm · 11 comments

Bailey Rd. in Concord has been shut down in both directions at the Concord city limits due to an injury collision.

One witness said the driver was trapped inside a special needs van.

It is unknown how many people were injured during the collision, which occurred at about 5:45pm.

Use caution if you’re in the area.

UPDATE, 6pm: They’re starting to tow the vehicles involved. We’re hearing there are at least five people injured.

UPDATE, 6:20pm: We’re hearing all lanes should be open by 7pm. As of right now, no life-threatening injuries have been reported.

{ 11 comments }

1 Antler December 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

So far there have been four separate vehicles using sirens responding from several different directions. ….hoping for the best for those involved.

2 Kellie December 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Praying everyone makes it out alive. I’m here and there are at least 4 ambulances.

3 L December 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

There’s another one that looks bad on Alhambra near Franklin Canyon

4 Shelley December 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I’m glad to read no life threatening injuries.

5 Uncle deuce December 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

@L it’s not a competition….

6 Antler December 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

We heard the four vehicles going to the scene, but we have not heard ANY sirens leaving the scene. That’s always either very good news……or very BAD news…..so I’m relieved to read Mayor’s update.

7 brian December 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM

This is the second accident today on bailey rd. A suv rolled over heading east around 12:00.

Drivers really need to use caution coming down the hill. The road has many bumps that can tip a vehicle, if your not paying attention.

8 StoneyGRL December 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

people rip down Bailey Road … even as they get close to the TWO little preschools (and Clayton Rd) … all day long, and at night too … a cop sitting near those two schools or those condos could write tickets all night long (8pm-midnight even)

9 babycita December 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

@StoneyGRL, I’ve been saying the same for years. I have lived on Bailey Road for 10+ years. You would not believe the dangerous behavior I have seen. People FLY down this road at all hours of day and night. I have no idea if speed had anything to do with this accident. I do know that I could count on one hand the times in 10 years I have seen any police on this road appearing to do speed traps. Also, further down on Bailey, having to pull out on Myrtle onto Bailey is crazy! No visibility. I just avoid that turn altogether. Be careful out there. Maybe one day the police will post up and write some tickets to speeders on Bailey Road.

10 Marissa December 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

The things people do for work. Just sitting there writing tickets can be the most boring job on earth. Theres a call for work, Terrible

11 Bishop Estates December 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

We live close by and could hear mulitple Fire Trucks, CPD and Ambulances we knew it was bad.