WCPD Searching for Hit & Run Suspect After Pedestrian Struck by White Truck

December 6, 2013 10:16 am · 11 comments

We’re getting reports that a pedestrian was struck by a white truck on Walnut Blvd. at McGuire Dr. in Walnut Creek, just south of Ygnacio Valley Rd. at about 10am today.

The truck, which is said to have a black bed with a missing side mirror and possibly the letter “M” on the side, apparently took off after the collision.

The pedestrian was down on the ground when paramedics arrived. His or her condition is currently unknown at this time.

A “Be on the Lookout”, or “BOLO” has been issued to surrounding law enforcement agencies to keep an eye out for the truck.

If you have any information on the truck, please call the Walnut Creek Police.

{ 11 comments }

1 Frank L. December 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I hope the pedestrian is ok, and they find this SOB in the truck.

2 Bill December 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

There are no sidewalks at that location and drainage trenches on both sides of the street.. Pedestrians need to be walking against traffic to see which idiot is going to hit them with their mirror. God forbid anyone slows down for a pedestrian! It’s funny though, if you are carrying a large metal object/tool that could damage their vehicle they slow right down for you!!

3 John December 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Note that no bicyclists caused this crash.

4 though December 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM

yes i agree large metall object mwahahaha

5 Santa Claus December 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM

We’ll this guy just made the naughty list!!!!!

6 WCreeker December 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

yeah, which side of the street was the ped on? I’d say the majority of the people I see out walking/running are walking with traffic instead of against it, which is not the way to do it, especially if you’re wearing earbuds and can’t hear anything. I walk against traffic and sometimes get dirty looks from other walkers — I always want to tell them “you’re doing it wrong!”

7 condition is "currently unknown at this time" December 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Currently and at this time: is that like right now? Similar to I, myself.

8 Elwood December 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Truck information not helpful. Pickup? Flat bed? Box truck? Martian mover?

9 Spoons made me Fat December 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM

How is a motorcyclist not getting blamed for this?

10 Live in this neighborhood December 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I know someone that saw this, she was picking up something from my house. She was shook up and worried about the person walking. She said the guy was very aware he hit her..

I walk this street often. I am always pushing a stroller. I am amazed by the drivers lack of respect for those walking (and the cyclist). I am very visable, but seriously have had to jump out of the way several times. I worry about the kids walking this stretch all the time. I have lived here for 18 months and have questioned daily why the city has not put a walking bridge over the open ditch. There is PLENTY of space for a nice walking and riding path.

11 Grantline December 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

The blame rests with the city. This section of road has deep ditches on BOTH sides, with no curb area for an extended distance. This is perhaps the most extensive safety hazard in Walnut Creek, and has been ignored by the city for more than fifty years. Drivers and peds alike have constant conflicts here, due to school children and vehicles. The residents should be allowed to ignore their property taxes since the city ignores their safety.