The Stolen Excavators Have Been Found – Equipment was Stolen from Marsh Creek Rd. Construction Site on Oct. 21

October 30, 2013 17:27 pm · 28 comments

stolen-1

stolen-2

The two stolen excavators we told you about on October 22nd have been found.

The equipment was taken from the water pipeline construction site on Marsh Creek Rd., about eight miles past Morgan Territory during the evening hours on the 21st.

McGuire & Hester, the company who owns the excavators, confirms they were found on Tuesday in Byron. They say they’re hearing the suspect is from Clayton, but that has not been confirmed by the authorities.

McGuire & Hester asked that Claycord.com print the following note.

On behalf of the entire McGuire and Hester family, I would like to personally thank Claycord.com for breaking the story that our equipment had been stolen.

Without the help of the media in alerting the public to our plight, we wouldn’t have received a tip that ultimately led to our excavators being recovered. Because people and witnesses stepped up, it allowed the CHP to do an incredible job in locating our equipment.

We are so thankful for the combined efforts of all involved.

– Kim Carone, Corporate Counsel – McGuire and Hester

Congratulations on recovering your equipment!

RELATED STORY: Two Excavators Stolen from Water Pipeline Construction Site on Marsh Creek Rd.

old concord October 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Glad you got what belongs to you back .

furian October 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Glad they got them back!

Nice.

CJK October 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Just wondering if they had gps lowjack I think it is called in them? I assumed most heavy equipment these days had some kind of tracking devices. I will guess most do, and anyone steeling a tractor would have to be a fool. Glad they were found, those things are very expensive. And btw, nothing lower imo than a parasite who steels from hard working people. .

Anonymous October 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

It sounds like grand theft to me. That means the perpetrator will be convicted of a felony. What a waste.

Thank you CHP for a job well done and congratulations to McGuire and Hester for recovering your equipment.

Anon October 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Must be one of these losers growing pot in their yard.

“Damn my truck looks huge when I’m stoned!”

Claycordite October 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I would think it would be kinda hard to hide something that big and cumbersome. Thanks to the tip giver and law enforcement for quick work!

Lost and Happy October 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Glad claycord posted up the situation for a company in need. Claycord comes through again!

"CON" tractor October 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I wonder if the investigation will focus on someone locally who, just by coincidence, had their foundation footings dug, the sewer line trenched, and the back acre septic tank redone….

This theft stinks like a “CON”(vict) contractor who didn’t want to rent a bulldozer.

Steve October 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I’m glad they got their equipment back. Kind of hard to hide.

VikingPrincess October 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM

That’s some great journalism and investigate work. Please keep is up to date when you know more information.

Schmee October 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM

“I found them officer. Someone left them on the side of the road”

Dorothy October 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

@ #3 – I think it’s called LoJack. Good idea to have it put in construction equipment since they are now on the list of things to steal.

Walnut Creek Resident October 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I was so pleased to hear they got their very expensive equipment back.
My brother is a builder in Colorado and he says he has to hire guards to stay on the property of homes he builds to prevent people from stealing stuff. Sick of those people.

CJK October 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

@ Dorothy. I thought they were putting that device in most heavy equipment for some time, because they have been a target of thieves for a while now. But maybe it was other things, like towable generators etc I am thinking about..I am not sure exactly how much, I could check, but even a Bobcat tractor is worth a small fortune. And very easy to steel I would guess, left out on construction sights and lots. People just pulled up and towed them away, maybe parted them out. I think it was on the show Cops way back they were putting them in light trailer and generators etc. So I just assumed tractors as well. if not, they should, ASAP.

Larry October 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Good Work Claycord.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spell-Checker October 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Steel= a metal compound derived from iron ore

Steal= an act of theft

Ric October 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM

It was a inside job, a employee.

Sabrina October 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM

@CJK
It’s common practice to lojack most heavy equipment on construction sites. What is unusual is if they’re not. Juat like with those pieces of equipment they can be moved and it’s not unusual to see these large pieces of equipment loaded onto trucks, which make it kind of sad because you don’t know if someone is stealing the equipment or taking it to a construction site.

Mr. J October 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Channel 2 reports a 47 year old Clayton man was arrested. Didn’t give a name.

Anon777 October 31, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Can’t you put GPS on those things?

CJK October 31, 2013 at 7:50 AM

@ Spell Checker. I need a clue. Without a clue I never remember those, I have Dyslexia and I blame that for never getting those kinds of things right, unless I have a trick to remember. I guess I could make up my own trick. Like They stealed an E to make Steal, that might work. btw,, where is your periods?

Wow....... October 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

he made it all the to Byron..!!

Bill October 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Great job Claycord!!

Cowellian October 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM

CJK, have you tried getting help from DNA (National Dyslexia Association)?

CJK October 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

@ Cowellian. I’m nearly 49 now so I probably would if I was younger. It is not very disabling, just things like b and d throw me, and two words that sound the same but are spelled differently always throws me. Also left and right. I can see it is left, and my mind swears it is right, and I will say right. So sometimes it is hard.

mortimer October 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM

You realize if these items were found at a congresman or senator’s home nothing would have been done…

Gus October 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM

You realize that if monkeys flew out of my butt you would still give them peanuts . . .

Hannibal Lecter October 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Gus, You realize for the cost of peanuts, you’d be an American hero if you could train the monkeys that fly out of your posterior to fly up the rear ends of congressman and senators to spur some action on their part.
That is, if you don’t sell your talents to Cirque Du Soleil.