The Scary Houses of Halloween in Claycord

October 30, 2013 16:00 pm · 17 comments

house

This house (click on the image for a larger view) is one of the best decorated houses for Halloween in Claycord. It’s nothing too flashy, but they worked hard, and it looks good.

It’s located on Solano Way in Concord.

Thanks to “Amy’s Mom” for the picture!

Does anybody know of any other houses in Claycord worth checking out for Halloween? If so, let us know in the comments section below!

1 Mark October 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Great Job! I like it.

2 Domestic CEO October 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Oh yeah… a house on Claycord Ave has a giant spider that takes up more than half of their roof. They spider-webbed their entire house and have cocooned things with other large spiders around. Some blow-up decor too, but the spider is awesome!

3 Steve October 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM

It looks good to me!

4 bluebird October 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I don’t know the exact house number, but the 1900 block of Palo Verde Drive, just off of Willow Pass Road in North Concord. Death is riding a horse!

5 ketchuphead October 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Wicked awesome one on Bonifacio across from Baldwin park’s exit lane. Skeletons are tango-dancing while the dead rise

6 funny man October 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM

the best haunted house in the county is at:1950 parkside in con-cord
living souls go in… but only broken empty shells of people linger in its halls
dont look in their vapid hollow eyes or you too will become the living dead!

7 Concordres October 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Bermuda Ct off of Bancroft near Encore Gym/Concord Feed!

8 anon October 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

The owner of the last house on carlotta before village takes a week off of work before halloween to decorate his front and back yard.

9 Richardsfamily October 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Really nice, but I wonder why it is always the house that never seem to upkeep their properties through out the year that seem to go all out during the holidays.

10 Kahlua October 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

There is a great one on hidden oak ct. in concord off of Seminole circle by ayers rd. It’s on a court but absolutely worth a look.

11 Z-Man October 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Does anyone else see the orange tabby in the window?! lol

12 Me October 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Are there any haunted houses around this year? One that I can take my daughter to and walk through, either fee based or free? Thanks in advance!

13 Evee October 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Thank you, Me, I am curious too about the haunted houses I would love to take our children instead of just the trick or treating. Are there any this year?

14 Wonder Woman October 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM

The best one ive seen by far is the one on Bonifacio. There are over 14 skeletons, 3 of them life-sized and and 2 are dancing, lol. It looks af if it is a wedding reception theme, there is a bride and groom that are hand in hand with flowers and there is a wedding cake too! Not to mention there are like dozens of spiders, 2 of them are absolutely HUGE, one on the garage and one over the stoop. The whole house and their side bushes and tree are covered in webs! I always see them out there working on it, it takes them almost the whole month to get it fully set up, it is also very tasteful and great for the kids, they let me bring my little one in to the display to see everything up-close. At night there is a huge black light dozens of flashing lights and I think they must have about 3 or 4 fog machines lol. This house is a deff must see on halloween, I know they give out handfulls of candy and full-sized candy bars for kids with really good costumes. We live right down the street and always stop by every year, there are always people slowing down and taking pictures, there is quite a bit of thought and detail that goes into their displays each year. So if your in the area tonight I would highly suggest stoping by to have a look, you wont be disappointed! ;-) Happy Halloween Claycord!

15 Con72 October 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM

There are a few haunted houses in Concord/Martinez. Found them on the calendar at http://www.hauntedbay.com.

16 NatureGirl October 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Esperanza Drive between N. 6th and Holbrook.

17 North Concord October 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM