B&D Towing Thanks the Community & the Firefighters After Blaze Causes $250,000 in Damage to their Concord Business

October 28, 2013 17:17 pm · 8 comments

bd

Last week, A fire caused close to $250,000 in damage to B&D Towing, located on Via De Mercados in Concord (off Concord Ave.).

The owners of B&D Towing want to thank the community, and give you a quick update on how things are going with their business.

The following message is from Richard & Karen with B&D Towing:

“We would like to update you about the fire at B&D Towing last week. We have received a large amount of calls from friends, family and customers with support and offers to help in our rebuilding process from near and far. We are truly thankful to all of you.

Claycord.com was the common way we were told of how people learned of our incident. As daily readers of Claycord, we felt this was a good way to get out the message of thanks to all of you. We are grateful to have so many friends. We will be celebrating 30 years in business in just a few weeks, and although this is not how we wanted to cross this milestone, we will be moving forward with as little interruption as possible.

Our trucks and equipment were not affected and are ready to work, providing the service that our customers have come to rely on from the team at B&D Towing. We will have a temporary office up and running for Towing and Road Service along with U-Haul rentals.

We apologize to our loyal customers who had to make other arraignments but we should be good to go by midweek.

To the Contra Costa Fire Protection District, you guys cut , chopped , kicked and forced your way in to our building but you also put the fire out quickly, and we now know it could off been much worse, You Rock!!! We extend much gratitude and a big thank you to you for extinguishing the fire.

Richard & Karen and the whole team at B&D Towing”

RELATED STORY: UPDATE: Fire Rips Through Warehouse, Comes Close to Propane Tanks at Tow Yard

photo credit: Craig Cannon

Howard K Mullins III October 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Sounds like a nice bunch of folks over there. When I need their services, I’ll give them a call.

Danielle October 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

B&D Towing has an excellent reputation. They sound like a class act.

Home run Matt Holliday! Boston, St. Louis tied 1-1!

Shelley October 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I remember my Dad telling me when I first started driving that if I ever needed a tow, don’t call anyone but B&D.

They do have a really good reputation in the area.

Towman October 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM

The best people to work for. A home away from home

kilo October 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I have to give more props to B&D. They’re a great group of folks.

They’re also a U-Haul renter so if you ever need a U-Haul truck or trailer go through them. Way less stress and way better service than the local U-Haul centers provide.

I was extremely sad to hear about the fire, but it sounds like they’re going to be able to recover. Good luck to you guys!

Angelica October 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I’ve used B&D before, and they’re very reputable.

z4u2c October 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

B&D is awesome. Very well trained with a professional service. Good Job specially the gentlemen named GINO! awesome.

MC Rider October 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I was saddened to hear of the fire at B&D. Thanks Claycord for all of the up-dates. I have worked for a lot of tow companies. As a ex B&D employee who is medically retired from the towing industry, They are the only tow company that I miss working for. Richard is the best business owner that I ever worked for. I am glad to hear that they are well on there way to recovering from the fire.