ConFire Extinguishes Apartment Fire on Grant Street in Concord

September 22, 2013 21:26 pm · 5 comments

craig_cannon

ConFire extinguished a first-floor apartment fire on Grant Street in Concord on Sunday night.

The blaze, located at 2761 Grant, started after an electrical outlet sparked and caused a nearby mattress to catch fire.

No injuries were reported, and the apartment suffered major damage.

Thanks to Craig Cannon for the picture!

1 Sheila September 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I’m glad to read there were no injuries.

2 Cassandra September 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Scary! If it was caused by an electrical outlet, this could happen to anyone.

I’m glad everybody is alright.

3 I feel terrible for these people September 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Are there any updates on this fire? What was the cause? I feel sad for these people because it may have been something that could have been prevented=now they lost their home.. I’m lucky, my husband is a fireman-I feel safe whenever he or his fellow fire fighters are around the house because they know what to look for and how to arrange the cords for the electrical appliances and he continuously check out the wall sockets and fuses to prevent these hazards. I hope they can get their lives straightened soon.

4 tal September 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Thats the former ‘Concordia Apartments’ right next to the offramp. My parents lived there for a short time back in the late 50’s. They are a pretty old complex..

5 Angelica September 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM

@ I feel terrible-#3

If you read the article, an electrical outlet sparked and caught a mattress on fire.

I feel badly for these people too. Thankfully, there were no injuries.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: