UPDATE: Concord Police Searching for Stolen Vehicle in Downtown Concord

September 19, 2013 16:23 pm · 11 comments

Concord Police are in the area of Galindo & Oakmead (and the surrounding neighborhood) searching for a stolen vehicle.

The vehicle was spotted by police on Galindo, however, they were unable to catch up with it and lost it near Oakmead/Cowell Road.

UPDATE, 4:28pm: The vehicle has been found, unoccupied. It was located on Ashbury Drive, in between Laguna & Clayton Road.

The suspects have not been located.

UPDATE, 4:39pm: One suspect has been detained. Three more are still outstanding.

{ 11 comments }

1 Anon2you September 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Dude, Where’s my car?

2 NoMoreFreeRide September 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Good job CPD

3 poohbear September 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

you know, if you are going to ask the public’s help in locating a vehicle, it might be helpful to describe the vehicle. but glad they caught some guys, and even more glad they found it!

4 Keith September 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Now the other two suspects need to be found.

5 just have to ask this September 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Out standing, where?

6 Scraphunter September 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM

It was me

7 Calendar Girl September 20, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Thanks, CPD. I hate those car thieves.

8 Random Task September 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM

wow all that money they are wasting in the todos kickbackus park area is making that area so much better and wow really a dumped car near laguna …no really ………lol this city is like the kid who says ….hey it hurts when I bend my finger back?…………………………………………..

9 Mimi (original) September 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Nothing worse than the feeling of “I know I parked my car RIGHT THERE!” and realizing it’s been stolen. It’s happened to me twice in my (rather long) life and it’s AWFUL. It’s also the reason I raised my children with the advice of “never leave anything in your car, anytime, that you absolutely cannot live without.”

10 Sabrina September 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

@ Mimi-9

Besides never leaving anything in your car, you need to buy a club!

Even if you aren’t driving cars that are frequently stolen, it’s worth it. Especially if you’ve had your car stolen twice!

11 tom September 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Concord California Police frequencies have either changed
or been dropped – anyone know what happened?
The frequencies are/were 460.150, 460.250 and 460.550.
Please let me know or share your thoughts. THANKS