The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 13 Burglaries in the Past 7 Days

September 19, 2013 14:00 pm · 11 comments

burglary

Click on the photo above for a much larger view of the burglary report.

This week, Concord had 13 burglaries. The week before, Concord had 12, and before that, Concord had 12 burglaries.

The last two numbers in each address have been deleted to respect the privacy of the victim(s).

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above might not include burglaries that are still under investigation.

1 Julio September 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

A city the size of Concord is 12 a lot? I have no idea so I’m asking.

2 CLAYCORD.com September 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Julio is right, 12 is not a lot for a city the size of Concord. If it hits 50 week after week, then we should start worrying.

3 anonanonagain September 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Anyone who steals is a maggot lowlife, period. I notice that a couple of those burglaries are from schools/institutions. I hope they catch these scumbags….

4 Felino September 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

@Julio & The Mayor

I bet it’s a lot if you’re unfortunately one of the twelve victims.

5 CLAYCORD.com September 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM

@Felino, very true.

Mayor

6 Claycordite September 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If you’re the one who has been burglarized one is too many!

7 Concord Mike September 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I trust the burglary stats in Concord, where this crime is relatively unusual and the police usually will come out and take a report. However, in some cities like Oakland, burglaries are so commonplace the police are overwhelmed and don’t come out unless the burglar is actually on the grounds.

As soon as a city allows their police department to direct burglary calls to some online system and/or the city fails to send out an officer to take a report, people will be less likely to even report such crimes.

Bottom line – Property crime in cities like Oakland is MUCH WORSE than the stats indicate.

8 Rick September 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Concord had 901 burglaries last year.

Martinez had 192. Martinez is 1/3 the size of Concord.

I think Concord has too many burglaries. But we live in WC, which has less than Concord, and more than Martinez.

I’d like to see zero!

9 Denise September 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM

We live in WC, so I thought I’d check out local cities.

WC-423 burglaries last year. 65,211 residents.

PH-215 burglaries last year. 33,689 residents.

Martinez has a lower crime rate than surrounding suburbs, except affluent ones. Even though Concord is bigger than WC, PH and Martinez, it has a slightly higher crime rate.

Martinez has less diversity. Hmm….

10 echo foxtrot September 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Wow! You used to only see this
kind of thing in Bezerkeley.

11 tom September 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Concord California Police frequencies have either changed
or been dropped – anyone know what happened?
The frequencies are/were 460.150, 460.250 and 460.550.
Please let me know or share your thoughts. THANKS