NIGHT PHOTOS of the Blaze on Mt. Diablo & Morgan Territory Road in Clayton

September 8, 2013 · 21 comments

Thanks to all the Claycordians who have sent us night photos of the unbelievable scene on Morgan Territory Road, Mt. Diablo, and the surrounding area.

Click on each photo for a much larger view.

This message was posted in our last post on Claycord.com, but it’s important to say it again:

Thank you SO MUCH to all the Claycordians for all of your photos, emails, words of support and help for all those affected by today’s fire on Morgan Territory Road.

We’ve tried to reply to all of you, and are still going, but it’s been a busy day here on Claycord.com, so if you don’t get a reply for a while, please know that we really do appreciate you taking the time to send emails our way!

You are all truly an amazing group of individuals, and without you, Claycord.com would be nothing.

Thank you, again!

Quick update: We’re hearing the fire is now at 1,000 acres. No new containment number has been released, but we will update you as soon as we hear.

1 Runforrestrun September 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Hope all is okay. This is dramatic.

2 Dylia September 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Any news on the concord pavilion and the back street boys concert? Did people actually go to that with this going on!?

3 Rebel September 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Great pictures all! Hope everyone is safe!

BTW, Mayor, one of the photographers is “Luke Bergerson”, not “Luje”! ;)

4 Sinn Feiner September 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I just got to work here in Dublin and our office upstairs here faces Mount Diablo. I’ve never seen anything like this.

5 Landana Lover September 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Is anyone else being affected by the air quality? My asthma is out of control right now.

6 Clayton mom September 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Looks like a volcano. Surreal! Thank you CDF!

7 Jon Howard September 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I’ve posted some shots I took from Ygnacio and Walnut Creek on Google+ here, along with a shout out to Claycord: https://plus.google.com/114127672767084904209/posts/5nSAHLtJgib

The size of this fire is astounding, and disconcerting – I hope everyone stays safe, and our fine folks fighting this sucker are able to quench it soon.

8 The Red Beauty September 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I have a great view from my back yard. I was lucky enough (if you can call it lucky) to be watching it when I saw the first flames crest the ridge. It was pretty exciting to watch. Any word on what started it?

9 mik September 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM

What happened at Todo Santos park around 7:30pm? I was driving by and there were a bunch of cops there.

10 The Red Beauty September 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

@ Clayton mom
Yeah, a friend of mine said that. I told her that if the mountain starts spewing rocks and pyroclastic ash, I’m outta here!

11 Wendy September 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM

WOW! Those are actually very beautiful photo’s of such a frighting and tragic event… My heart goes out to all who were directly affected by this, and I’ll be keeping a candle lit for all of the firefighter’s!

12 EJB6168 September 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Wow, this is surreal and scary. I live in Oakhurst, off of Keller ridge. I have no idea how concerned I should be. I hope all that are fighting and Volunteering stay safe. I can see a consistent red amber glow from my balcony. My thoughts and prayers to all!! Please let me know if I am able to help or assist anyone in need.

13 ChampagneKitty September 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

to Landana Lover #5–I have asthma too and live in north Concord. I am fine so far and have been closed up in my apartment all day with all fans on full blast. Ran the A/C a little bit, too. I’m supposed to go somewhere tomorrow, but I’m kind of afraid to go outside as I don’t have health insurance right now.

14 Landana Lover September 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

ChampagneKitty- Be careful and keep that inhaler handy. I have asthma extremely rarely and had to close all of my windows because it’s just too much.

15 ChampagneKitty September 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Landana Lover–You be careful too! I do have lots of albuterol here. And allergy meds.

16 Mom of the Horde September 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM

It’s kind of freaky to watch, even after a childhood of seeing brush/forest fires in the Angeles National Forest and the San Gabriel Mountains…

17 Northconcordgal September 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Does anyone know if marsch creek detention center is in danger a friends son really does work there at night?

18 Peggy September 9, 2013 at 4:12 AM

I feel for the people and the animals. I’m sure both are going to need temporary housing for awhile. Any organizations helping?

19 Bubba 94521 September 9, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Great pics. I’m off of Ayers and I’m surprised that we still can’t smell it here. It’s still blowing east even through it’s heading this way. We watched it come over the saddle last night. We pray for the firefighters’ safety and success.

20 northsider September 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Kudos to Jay Boncodin and Kim Foskett. Thanks for the pictures from the side where fire is.

21 Howard K Mullins III September 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Beauty and tragedy. Nature is beyond our comprehension.

Delighted no one has been injured, so far.