MORE PHOTOS: Claycordians Photograph the Fire on Morgan Territory

September 8, 2013 22:34 pm · 23 comments

Thank you SO MUCH to all the Claycordians for all of your photos, emails, words of support and help for all those affected by today’s fire on Morgan Territory Road.

We’ve tried to reply to all of you, and are still going, but it’s been a busy day here on Claycord.com, so if you don’t get a reply for a while, please know that we really do appreciate you taking the time to send emails our way!

You are all truly an amazing group of individuals.

Please click on each photo for a much larger view.

Thank you, again!

Quick update: We’re hearing the fire is now at 1,000 acres. No new containment number has been released, but we will update you as soon as we hear.

Night photos of Mt. Diablo coming up soon. Stay tuned, some of them are unbelievable.

{ 23 comments }

1 DMZ September 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM

THANK YOU! For all you do.

2 ChampagneKitty September 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I am watching the KTVU 10 o’clock news and Ken Wayne said this is NOT OFFICIAL but they are hearing talk from the firefighters that the fire may have grown to as much as between 2000-3000 acres.

3 Should I be worried? September 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Hello. I live on the Concord Clayton border. Think Ygnacio and Clayton Rd. Do we have anything to be worried about? I’m just concerned because all updates are from a couple of hours ago. Is it coming toward us?

4 Laurie September 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

For those that need a place to take their horses and any other livestock, the CCC Fairgrounds is open. There are stalls and pens set up.

5 claycord-biker September 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Curious question Mayor, what is the count of photos you have received so far?

6 dudebro September 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

im in concord near treat x san miguel. the sky is red above mt diablo. I didnt see flames

7 Justin September 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Here’s a like to my night shots from Silvercreek II in Clayton.

8 Taray Hipper September 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM

The fire is getting larger-but they have it in check.

9 Dom C. September 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Praying for everybody .

10 Heard a Little While Ago September 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

They expect the fire to grow to over 6000+ acres by morning. Sounds like they are gonna back off and just let it go until sunrise. Can’t imagine what we will see when we wake up tomorrow. :(

11 @Mayor September 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

If you hear that they need any health care professionals to volunteer, let me know, I’m an RN and I’m sure I can get some of my nursing buddies to pitch in too should it come to that. Funny, I also used to be a wildland firefighter as well and fought many fires like this one…I get excited just looking at it!

12 CLAYCORD.com September 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Thanks, @Mayor. Will do. Thanks for your kind offer.

Mayor

13 CLAYCORD.com September 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

@Claycord-Biker, probably between 500-700 photos today and more coming with the night glow on the mt. A lot of them were low-res pictures so I couldn’t use them on the site, but I still appreciate the time & effort it takes.

Mayor

14 Matthew September 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I’m driving back to Concord right now from Sacramento and I can see the fire from here.

15 DayWoo? September 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM

@shouldibeworried . No. The entire of Clayton would be burning before it got to you. I’m also not sure how easy it is for a fire to burn DOWN the mountain. Right now other than some small areas its still mostly on the other side of the mountain. I also see headlights etc all over the fire roads on the Clayton city side. I presume these are probably firefighters staging to protect structures should it race down the mountain . The wind is so calm now though I just don’t think that’s likely.

16 DayWoo? September 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM

@shouldibeworried . No. The entire city of Clayton would be burning before it got to you. I’m also not sure how easy it is for a fire to burn DOWN the mountain. Right now other than some small areas its still mostly on the other side of the mountain. I also see headlights etc all over the fire roads on the Clayton city side. I presume these are probably firefighters staging to protect structures should it race down the mountain . The wind is so calm now though I just don’t think that’s likely.

17 Amelia September 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

CCC Horsemans Association in Concord is open for any evaced horses as well.

18 Bree September 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

@Mayor, Claycord.com, commenters, photographers, and good samaritans…
Excellent coverage and updates! This is the go to site for breaking news in
CCC!

19 Cracky McGee September 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM

No THANK YOU, Mayor for keeping the community informed today! My family appreciates this website more than you will ever know ….

20 Dsmith September 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sounds like they’re pulling multiple engines off of the north side if the mountain, the fire is starting to pick up…

21 Pro Fi September 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Thank You Mayor for working overtime tonight. And to all those offering information and prayers, just shows that when needed, we are a community… and a great one at that.

Listening to the scanner… these men & women are committed! They are saying that the fire is getting hotter… calling at least some units back… getting too dangerous. They are talking it may take the canyon off prospector’s trail. Trying to get a fire break going at the summit?

We are seeing the sky lit up red in North Concord. Praying for all the folks on that mountain tonight and all the ones below.

22 RunnerDope September 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM

It looks like it’s calmed down on North Peak, but I’m seeing flames now on the back side of Mt Diablo.

23 mommatotwo September 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Thank You Mayor for keeping our community up to date. You are our Go To site for up to date information on this fire. Anything needed for firefighters that we can help with ? Food or water ??