“Bombay” the Cat is Missing in Clayton

August 31, 2013 12:13 pm · 17 comments

kitty

“Bombay” is missing in Clayton.

He is an indoor cat but he got out last night and his owners can’t find him. They live on Morgan Territory Road in Clayton. He is a seven year old Blue Point Siamese cat, and is grey and white with blue eyes.

If you’ve seen him, please email news@claycord.com and we’ll get you in contact with his owners.

1 Cat Lover August 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM

What a beautiful cat! Sure hope they find him.

2 Dorothy August 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Pretty cat. I do hope he gets back home okay.

3 Danielle August 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Bombay is a gorgeous cat! I hope he makes it home safely.

Bombay, your family misses you.!

4 safari August 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I live on MTR. I’ll keep an eye out for him. I hope he is found soon.

5 Antler August 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Please…..how far OUT on Clayton Road? What is the nearest cross street or mile marker once one leaves Marsh Creek Road? Also, what are the best sounds and phrases to use when calling him?

6 CG August 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Cats will hide in the day if they normally are indoor cats. go out with his favorite food, check any sheds in the area, my friend had found her cat hiding under the house. Hope you find your kitty so cute.

7 Dave August 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Good looking cat. I hope he comes home soon.

8 denise August 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

this site will give you lots of info on behavior of ‘lost’ cats based on their personalities. This will make it easier for you to know where an when to search for your kitty.

9 BCuzItzClaycord August 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Try running a can opener or shaking his bag or crunchies or his :”cookie: bag….he may respond to “food” sounds. I hope he is just hiding near by as “escapees” become frightened easily

10 Sabrina August 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Bombay is such a pretty cat.

Please come home soon. As an animal lover, missing pets break my heart.

11 slagheap August 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM

i sure hope you find your cat soon – don’t get discouraged, it might take more than a day or two, keep looking, try everything, good luck!!

12 Shasta Daisy September 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Good news???? I hope.

13 skippy September 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Beautiful cat. Please check your neighbors’ garages and sheds. They often get trapped inside.

14 bombay's fam September 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Thank you for all the comments and well wishes. He is still missing. He went missing about 1.5 miles from Marsh Creek, on Morgan Territory. He comes to kittykittty. He doesn’t like canned food but at this point is probably pretty hungry. He is very vocal but may be scared. We are very worried.

15 Antler September 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thank you, Bombay’s family at #14. The increased information may help others find him.

The last time we ever had a male cat get out, he was gone about 10 days and came back fat and sassy….obviously not suffering for food nor water, even though it was summer. We decided that after he escaped here and went “a-courting” (though he was fixed…..evidently they don’t KNOW that they are!), that then maybe someone in the neighborhood lured him inside their home and kept him inside. I didn’t start delivering flyers to doorsteps until after he had been gone a week, so we think said neighbor simply turned him back outside again….or else he slipped out past someone at their house, too.

Will surely be hoping for his return SOON!!!

16 Casssandra September 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Bombay is a pretty kitty!

You family misses you. I hope he makes it home safely……

17 momo September 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I know dogs and cats behave differently but when our little dog got lost years ago he was found in a backyard by Clayton valley high school. we live by Concord high school. So animals can travel far. Look everywhere, not just your neighborhood.