Water Cooler – Your Favorite Pizza Place

August 30, 2013 12:00 pm · 108 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Blondie’s Pizza is returning to Pleasant Hill, which brings up a good question (below the picture)….

blondies

What’s your favorite pizza place in Claycord?

Talk about it….

(thanks to “11Bravo” for the picture!)

101 DoReMi August 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Unlike most, I have a variety of pizza’s that I like. Bambinos, DeVinos, Skipolini’s and yes, Round Table. The newest addition to my repetoire is Pizza To Go. The Little Kitchen Sink is a few dollars less and plenty of flavor to this dollar conscious person. Costco has a decent pizza too.

The ones I will avoid at all costs are Dominos and Little Caesars. I haven’t tried one of those take n bake ones.

102 Happ August 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Notice they never cleaned out the building (Blondies in PHill) when they closed. All the ovens and stuff have just been sit’n there. Don’t want to think about it but my guess is they’ll just fire up the ovens and start cooking. A gross thought but even when it was open it never seemed that they focused much on cleaning.

103 ChampagneKitty August 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Papa Murphy’s Take N Bake makes great pizza. Unfortunately, I had to stop going there because of my mobility issues. It is difficult for me to carry the pizza. So now I have it delivered by the pizza place closest to my home, which is Round Table Pizza. They are pretty good. I like Mountain Mike’s, too.

104 Roger the Shrubber August 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Bambino’s hands down!

105 Roger the Shrubber August 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

zachs was my favorite since were talking out of area, until i did a side by side comparison to north beach pizza in the city. sorry zach’s fans nbp blew zachs away. you need to go to the right location though. i’m lost in the city but its the one closest to north beach i believe. and i grew up back east in in a city filled w/ authentic italians, you know ‘forgidaboudit’ and i apprenticed under an italian chef who’s red sauce was so good i’d eat like it was soup.

106 Antler September 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Please, Shuley at #20, Mr. John at #32, Walnut Creek at #86, and Incognito at #45 ~ ~ ~ Would you be kind enough to post your recipes for homemade pizza dough….maybe over on Whatever thread?

I took a lot of notes re restaurants we have not tried, and I appreciate that some of you added the location and addresses to your favorites! :-)

107 Connie Dobbs September 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM

#102 Not unless he plans to burn it down for the insurance.

108 ChampagneKitty September 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Miss Connie, whose pizza do you like, or do you not care for pizza?