Helicopter Circling Above the Clayton Valley Area of Concord

August 30, 2013 22:19 pm · 26 comments

A police helicopter is in the area of Ygnacio & Clayton Road, in the Clayton Valley area of Concord.

The helicopter is making a few rounds and waiting to see if the Concord & Clayton Police need assistance when the Lil’ Wayne concert at the Pavilion lets out in just a few minutes.

Currently, there is no major police action happening in Claycord.

babytruck August 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Pretty sad when you have to have a helicopter on standby because a concert is being let out. Boy have things changed. Terrible. But I’m sure they must have reason because that helicopter is not cheap to have just circling above waiting for a call for assistance.

Not sure if it still holds true but back in the day, the copters where shared with other agencies because of the high cost vs low usage.

nearby resident August 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I have my windows open and I am hearing a lot of police sirens also. The concert should have never taken place here.

Living in Claycord August 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Wasn’t there a shooting at that corner a few years ago after a Lil Wayne concert. Somebody rented Endeavor Hall in Clayton for an aft party and they could not contain the overflow of the crowd. Party goers spilled out onto Clayton Rd and somebody was shot by the Shell station.

Dunno, maybe I am getting my concerts mixed up.

E August 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM

So did all the gangbangers flee, leave their cars and the pavilio/city gains hundreds of cars to sell for a profit?

dls August 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM

get them to go clean up all the drunk teenagers driving over by DLS after the game.

anon August 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

is the pavilion going to pay for all the police resources being taken from concord streets ( and the helicopter!) What a waste

MB August 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I hear em!

I wonder if Lil Wayne's show included..... August 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
RS August 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Man, those pesky kids and their rap music…

JKB August 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM

The Pavilion is owned by the City of Concord. I don’t know which entity owns the helicopter.

Eldrige Newton August 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM

@Living in Concord# 3…That was the “After Usher Party at Endevor Hall” I told the promoter to hold it at the Clayton Club instead to see if “Can’t We all just get along?”….Side Shows in the Caldacot tunnel traditonaly happen next after Rap at the Pavillion.

Peanut Gallery August 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Keep that crap in Oakland. There is no need to have a Lil Wayne concert here. Funny….you would never have a helicopter on standby at a country or rock concert. Hip hop = thugs, pants saggin, section 8, WIC, EBT card holding scum bags. Hell yes I’m profiling, it’s the plain truth. Again, keep that hip hop crowd, BS in Oakland

Melissa August 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I’ve heard at lest 5+ ambulances and/or firetrucks. It’s great that they took the precautions. People make it sound as if Concord isn’t safe. They call in extra help, as would any other business on a busy night.

Elwood August 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Now, now, you all are showing your insensitivity to cultural differences.

Shame on you racist bastards!

nearby resident August 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

@Living in Claycord.

It was the same concert about 4 years ago. You are right.

Kim August 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I live down the street (My friends & I walked to the pavilion from my house) & I’m currently at the concert. The only thing happening here is people of various races listening to music, dancing and enjoying themselves.

Jess August 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It’s so sad that it’s necessary to bring out the helicopter just in case. I wonder if the Safeway at the corner of Kirker Pass and Clayton Road closed up early tonight. They’ve done that before when there have been rowdy concerts at the Pavillion.

John August 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

It’s awesome they kettled the rowdy crowd into Walnut Creek. That’s all.

ConcertMom August 30, 2013 at 11:14 PM

@livinginclaycord The incident you’re referring to was the Usher concert at the Pavilion way back in 2002.

Living in Claycord August 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Thanks to all who set my recollections straight. Usher in 2002, seems like only yesterday.

momo August 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

People complain when there aren’t enough precautions taken. People complain when to many precautions are taken.

Mike August 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM

@ Elwood #14

STFU, you are one of the biggest rasist on Claycord, you spineless girly-man.

Duck August 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Racist pigs !

annonamoose August 31, 2013 at 6:35 AM

As a taxpaying citizen of Claycord,
I seriously object to the police
department having to take extra
measures to protect the citizens
of the area because a music thug
who attracts other thugs is appearing
at a local venue.

I think acts like this should be banned
from appearing at the Pavilion because
of the drain they put on local resources.

Mike is right August 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Elmwood is a spineless girly-man…

old concord September 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM

We the city own the pavilion don’t we ? Don’t have any groups back that have been a problem in the past . No racial profiling just historical facts .