LOST: Two Dogs Lost in Pleasant Hill

August 28, 2013 21:36 pm · 27 comments

It’s been a while since we featured a lost dog, and now we have two in one night!

Both are located in Pleasant Hill.

The one on the left is named “Bear”. He went missing from Soule Avenue, which is near Patterson & Boyd Road.

The one on the right is “Dolly”, she’s 13-years-old and almost deaf. She went missing from Greenwich Drive, which is off Grayson near Pleasant Hill Road.

Both dogs are micro chipped.

If you’ve seen Bear or Dolly, please email news@claycord.com and we’ll get you in contact with their family.

{ 27 comments }

1 Melanie August 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Claycord people–Thank you so much for posting, so quickly, information about our dear Dolly. She has a vet appointment tomorrow, and we hope someone found her and is keeping her safe. Because she was so confined before we rescued her, she is afraid of many things in open space. We so hope someone finds her and helps her come home. She is mirochipped.

2 Loret August 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Have the families post a picture and their details on FB pages for FIDO ALERT-EAST CONTRA COSTA COUNTY and FIDO ALERT-WEST CONTRA COSTA COUNTY! They are very successful in reuniting pets to their owners. Good luck finding your babies!

3 Maria August 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Bear is home safe with his family :) I know the family and they posted on FB that he was found!

4 Cassandra August 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Bear and Dolly are so adorable!

Please make it home safely. Your families love you, and they miss you dearly.

Melanie, I’m so sorry to hear about Dolly. I breaks my heart to read these stories.

I hope being microchipped helps.

5 Melanie August 28, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Thank you. She is such a sweet and loving dog, we hope someone has taken her in and will try to find her owners tomorrow. She needs to see a vet for an eye problem. Can’t believe the fence was ajar.

6 Colleen August 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Thank you all so much for posting this on Bear’s behalf. He was found by a neighbor and has been returned safely. Will be praying Dolly makes it home safely soon, too. What a stressful day. We are so grateful for Claycord and all our neighbors and friends for caring so about our furry family members. What a gift you are.

7 foxylady August 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Glad to hear Bear made it home. Dolly’s family: my prayers are with your sweet girl. I hope you will plaster the area with flyers. You know they say that a pet dissapearing is similar to when a child dissapears in that the quicker you get the word out the better chance you have of bringing them home safely. Best of luck.

8 Amy August 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I am praying for Dolly’s safe return.

9 Low August 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM

In the past when dogs or cats go missing or lose their way it is a sign of a possible earth quake. What do you think. We haven’t had one in awhile.

10 anon August 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Have you checked Roger Smith Park on Grayson before Twinview or the Adventist school at Taylor and Grayson which has a large campus and open playfield? Many dogs over the years have found their way to both of those locations. God bless Dolly and bring her home soon!

11 Hope you find Dolly August 29, 2013 at 7:06 AM

So glad Bear was found safe.

I hope you find Dolly. There is nothing worse than losing a furry child. Hope you will be reunited soon.

12 Duck August 29, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Poor Dolly………..she looks like such a sweet old lady , Lab’s are the best dogs in the world……………..I maybe a little partial to them because they are what I used in the field while duck hunting.
I have a yellow Lab male that was a rescue Lab…….I call him my seeing eye dog because his is so,so mellow around the house.
Jake my yellow Lab male is 10 yrs old now and has spinal issues ,so I don’t hunt him these days……….he gets so mad at me when I bring home ducks and geese……….he gives me that look like HEY YOU FORGOT ME THIS MORNING, AND YOU WENT OUT CHEATING ON ME …….. It so sad ! Jake is the best lab by far out of the three Labs I have had in my life. I will be wrecked when he passes.on the the other side.

I sure hope Dolly finds her way home, I hate to say it but the streets are not a good place for a older deaf dog……..I hope you taught her to stay out of the streets. I pray that she finds a way back to your home.
When she does feed her a big steak and give her big loves.
I have a feeling she will make back home to you soon………I get funny feelings that are often right……………..she loves you more then any human is capable of loving…………when she gets home give her a scratch behind the ears for me please……..from one Lab. lover to the next.
Dolly will find her way home to those that love her…….or feed her ! lol !!!!
Best wishes hope you find her soon !
God bless Dolly and her owners , she looks like a wise’ol loveable gal.
Best wishes .
Jakes daddy………..or as many here know me by Duck !
Heart felt Prayers sent !
DUCK !

13 @Melanie August 29, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Melanie…. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and Dolly. I have a special place in my heart for senior dogs, especially labs. I had a black lab who was the joy of my life, and he got out of the yard a few years ago and was missing for 3 days. I couldn’t sleep or eat I was so beside myself. I kept worrying what happened to him, if he was okay, etc. Then I called the pound one day (I had called 2x per day since he was missing) and a dog there matched his description! I went and picked him up and was so relieved. I wish the same for you and Dolly.

14 iamerica August 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM

So sad hope you find your babies! I found this app called FINDING ROVER, it uses facial recognition. I have a profile on my puppy as well as a chip. Either way you have to rely on others doing the right thing and taking lose or strays to the pound or vet to get scanned. Good luck

15 Melanie August 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM

DOLLY FOUND!!! A wonderful neighbor took her in and phoned in message to vet (number on rabies tag). Thank you so much.
She was a rescue dog, and not very comfortable out and about.

16 Sandy August 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Hooray for Dolly (and thanks to Melanie for adopting a rescue dog)!!

17 Encina Veterinary Hospital August 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Great news Melanie! So glad Dolly is home safe and sound :)

18 Fido Alert - West Contra Costa County August 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

So happy to hear she is home!

19 Chester E. Kitty August 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Yay!! So glad Dolly has been found … and thank you for letting us know!! She looks like a sweet elderly doggie!

@Duck … I have a male yellow lab and I have yet to see what the hub-a-ba-loo is all about. Everyone I know that has a lab just loves them. But mine is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO active … he is like ten 2-year-olds that have all just each had a candy bar. He has been to obedience school and knows all basic commands. And he is very sweet. But his activeness is driving me nuts!!! Any advice to calm him down?

20 Scrapygurl August 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

@Chester E. Kitty-
Labs are very active and need a lot of play time and walks I spend everyday walking and playing with mine at the Park he would drive me crazy if not and still does LOL. you have to wear them out

21 Lisa August 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hurray! So glad to see a happy outcome. Congrats to both moms & pups.

22 Amy August 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Yeah! So happy to hear a nice neighbor saw a dog that was loose and stopped to help!

23 Shelley August 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

As an animal lover, it’s nice to read that Bear and Dolly made it home safely.

Happy dogs and happy owners!

24 Chester E. Kitty August 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM

@Scrapygurl … thanks for the tip! I had never had a Lab before and have just been so surprised at their energy!!

25 Hope you find Dolly August 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM

YAY! So glad you found Dolly! Glad both lost furrly children are at home again.

26 concord sick of it August 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

The golden lab collar and all looks like a dog I saw last night on Kirker Pass by Sleep Train Pavillion. Almost hit him. He had just crossed Kirker Pass around Old Kirker Pass Road I think. This dog is a deadringer for that one but the dog disappeared from Pleasant Hill. Dog was by himself or atleast I didn’t see any other dog and the dog looked lost.

27 Concord girl August 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I saw that dog to in the Concord Pavillion parking lot yesterday morning on my way to work I was so worried as she was going to get hit. Hopefully someone finds that one.