Bags of Marijuana Abandoned off Franklin Canyon Road Near Martinez

August 27, 2013 8:00 am · 28 comments

Look what one Claycordian found on the side of the road near Martinez.

I came upon some bikers looking at these bags of junk along Franklin Canyon Road in unincorporated Martinez. The stench was strong, and what looked like marijuana was blowing from the bags, down Franklin Canyon.

A Sheriff’s Deputy who pulled up told me this is the remains of a pot growing operation. The dope had been harvested. This was just dumped along the street for some reason.

Just in case anybody is wondering, it’s all gone, the authorities took it away.

Thanks to Craig Cannon for the story & the photos!

1 anon August 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM

why would you title this bags of marijuana? bags of stems, or bags of garbage would be a more realistic title.

2 The Closer August 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Looks like a lot of harvestable weed was thrown away.

3 Mimi (original) August 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Doggoneit!

4 stupid pot grower August 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Damn it! I thought Jeff said he tied everything down! !!

5 Mr. John August 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM

So then… party at Craig’s place?

6 just me August 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Is this where they want to build the next Jack in the Box and 7-11?

7 Back in the '60s we thought this stuff was GOLD... August 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

now it’s just scrap…stems and pieces…growers can’t be bothered sorting it when they have all those succulent buds….

8 Cowellian August 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Did some old Concordian forget where he left his stash?

9 Dorothy August 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Ha ha, they piled it too high and forgot to tie it down. Their loss…

10 Horse'n Around August 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It must belong to old concord.

11 Mama Bear August 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Interesting probably fell out of someone truck or something

12 biggus thinkus August 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I’d even consider that some tweakers ripped off a grower, and thought they were being followed by an Unmarked, and decided to pitch it before they were busted.

I’d think a grower, even after harvest, would want to keep his ballast, fan, filter and tubing, but what do I know, I am not a grower.

13 Jojo Potato August 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

That’s just what they call “trim”. The buds are at the medical place already going for big bucks. And helping a lot of people too, I suppose.

14 old concord August 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Not mine but if they grew it in Concord , they grew it inside legally . The marijuana sticking out the bag is not professional . While not a top of the line product it still has a medical qualities and shouldn’t be destroyed . Someone or some group should trim it up and donate it to a cancer patient . Be sure our right and then go ahead . was said by Davey Crockett .

15 LMS August 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

We saw a very similar situation on Richard Ave a few months back. Someone tossed a bunch of bags of pot leaves. Just leftovers of an operation not like this though. Dumping the equipment too makes me wonder if it was all molded or something.

16 Shuley August 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Looks mostly like garbage to me. My guess is that those buds seen pictured might have been infested with spider mites or mildew which is why they were not kept. You can make kief, hash or edibles out of useful trim so it’s either unusable or an illegal operation grow and go..

17 Em Dubya August 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Wow. When I usually pass slow moving dopes on the roadway, I mean motorists not glad bags.

Given the response time, I guess the next deer carcas should be reported as reeking of marijuana.

18 Rollo Tomasi August 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

@Shuley and old concord:

Thanks for the expert opinions. Now go back to sharing the hookah and continue your imaginary relevance.

19 old concord August 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Please put more stories up and move this one on . When we look at the picture we each see something different . I see hours of work at kill my shoulders . I love to talk about marijuana but the pictures are hideous and distasteful to a grower . Please mayor I’m not really a bad sort . This representing marijuana is like Concord police being pictured as Barny Fife with a caption No bullets in the gun you have one in your shirt pocket if you need it . Knowing Barny’s trembling would never allow him to load his weapon . Have a heart mayor

20 Lorelei August 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Yes; the authorities took it all away, and are currently smoking it right behind Shipley’s donuts…Ha Ha Ha……….

21 Scott August 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM

fingerprints you morons, there was some prime hash making material there too….

22 anon August 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Walter White’s new business?

23 concord resident August 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

probably some illegals working from the cartel, if we secured our borders we wouldn’t have this problem!!!! THANKS OBAMA!!!!

24 Anon2you August 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Why do I never stumble on things like this? I hate reading about bales of pot washing up on shore at the beach and then people calling the Coast Guard to report it…Yeah I’m calling CG after my trunk is full…

25 Mac August 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Dave…Dave not home

26 2 cents Worth August 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

OMG!! ” Really to the concord resident” Let’s blame Obama, are you serious?? Now you are going to blame the President for plants, That is so Wrong!!! So do you actually think this pot came from the border? Hee,hee, heeee, LMAO !!,.

27 Cap'n Nick August 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Really #23? I so hope that you meant that sarcastically. Damn that cartel and their small scale, residential, indoor grow operations.

28 Big Al August 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Franklin Canyon is a dump ground for stolen goods. I’v seen multiple home safes busted open and dumped in the creeks. The photos above show evidence of a indoor grow opp, ventilation tubes, leftovers from clippers. Also the creek next to the steep grade leading down to Port Costa is riddled with thousands of split open Sudefed med containers and chemical vessels to make meth. Legalize pot and stop these stupid grows. Lets go after these fricken meth heads.