BART to Expand Reserved Parking Area at North Concord Station

August 22, 2013 14:00 pm · 20 comments

bart

Within the next few weeks BART will change the upper parking lot at the North Concord BART station just west of the bus loading zone.

The reserved area (for customers who buy permits online in advance) will be expanded because of increased demand. The new area will be marked with yellow “Reserved Parking” signs.

Carpool parking spaces will be moved to the far western area of the upper parking lot and will be marked with pink “Carpool Parking” signs.

The Daily Parking areas will be moved to the lower parking lot.

Any vacant carpool or permit spaces are open to all parkers after 10am on weekdays and all day on weekends.

splendid August 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hopefully parking won’t start costing.

Robin August 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

We live in Martinez, and use this BART station all the time. It’s one of the nicest ones, probably because it’s newer.

It’s also one of the easiest BART stations to find a place to park. I don’t mind parking further out. I like to walk!

TWoods August 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I don’t mind walking either, but as someone who uses this station every single day, It would suck to have to park further out, not for the aspect of walking, but because the farther you are the longer it takes, and every second counts when you’re trying to catch the 7:19 train, because you can’t drop your kid off at day care until 7am, and you depend on that train to get you to work ontime.

A.Wapcaplet August 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Expand parking, settle contract, charge for
parking. Simple isn’t it, oh yes, raise fares
6 to10 percent next year.

Palermo August 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

When I was still commuting the reserved part of the lot was beyond where you take the stairs down. I got there at 5 a.m. and was scared to death because NOBODY could see if you were dead or alive there, it’s below the view of anybody at the station. Of course there was never a BART cop there, not once

Connie Dobbs August 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

See if parking doesn’t go up to $2.50, effective immediately.

John August 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Ahaha … “I like to walk …” to my car. Then to the train. Whew. All that walking!

Em Dubya August 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Perhaps the better re-zoning of the lot should be:

Copper theft area
Vehicle burglary area
Bike theft area
Cars too hoopty to bother
Scary dark area at night
8,000 handicapped spots area

Anonymous August 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Which area is most accessible for all the catalytic converter thieves?

sfgirljan August 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

As someone who uses that free daily parking, i don’t relish having to drag a rolly-bag with my laptop to park in the “lower 40,” especially when it starts raining again. The only good thing to come out of it will be that i won’t have to get up at 4:30 anymore in order to make sure I’m there before 6 so i could get a parking space! looks like I will be changing my schedule and will be sleeping in a little bit now.

MsKitty August 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM

There will be definite charges now. Most bart stations already charge a fee.

Random Task August 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

if at all possible everyone who can should boycott bart and watch em squirm …until we help ourselves this state will continue to abuse the systems they put in and tax us to oblivion as long as they can get away with it ……should they crush the unions and make all public transit ehhh ….do not see how more big gov will help …..but there are answers and ideas out there we just need those to step up and make this state a golden state again ….now it is just a illegals parking lot and the dems have told you we cant live without em …….I for one would like to think for myself and yes we can live without illegals ….abusing the system and taking jobs because they will work for less …sure most of us in this state want more money who doesn’t but as we just went over with the strikers …..so many people out of work and not only is a paycheck nice but benefits as well ….after 3 years of not working and bad teeth and livers most would jump on any job that offered that even if it was for 10 dollars an hour ……..lots of problems and not one dem will stand up and do anything about em all they do is add to the problem by dipping their hands into bridge and train projects ……the corruption of the dems is way too obvious and way wider than we thought

Really ? August 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Do they guarantee what percentage of your car will be there when you get back? Happy with my leisurely 14 minute commute in the non commute direction.

@Em Dubya August 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Well, I see you are familiar with Taxifornia.

Jojo Potato August 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Part of the policy of “user fees” that the govnmnt is putting on everything. Got to pay their salaries somehow! If you remember back a little bit for all the things that were free or cheap, like Mt Diablo or Briones park or such, you will realize how much they are ripping you off. Notice your sewer fees going up, that’s to pay for management pensions. Enjoy!

RoughTimes August 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

For people that don’t like California and all it’s horrible problems theres always Texas. I hear it’s cheap there and I would love less traffic here.

concord August 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM

If you leave your car at North Concord BART Station you vehicle will:
(a) be broken into and vandalized;
(b) your tires will be stolen and you will come home from a hard day’s work to find your car on blocks or someone else’s tire or bad rim;
(c) or you’ll return from work to find that your entire vehicle has been stolen.
Yes, the unhidden commute costs of BART!

Angelica August 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

All I got out of this was three years of not working, bad teeth and liver, ten dollars an hr. and benefits as well.

Regardless of the news, I am so “sidetracked” by his responses I can’t see straight!

I don’t whether to laugh or cry!

I guess it doesn’t matter what I was going to post. I think I forgot…..

Teacher Wannabe August 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM

What’s wrong with the main Concord station? Huge parking structure. FREE! (at least now). And I have never had security issues, even the times I fogot to lock my doors and it sat there for 12 hours. And its not that far away from North Concord.

Mark T August 23, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Does North Concord Bart have the restriction where you cannot park in the big parking lot until after 10 AM? I can never find parking at that Walnut Creek Bart station. You will get a ticket at Walnut Creek Bart if you park before 10 AM in the wrong parking lot.

Can I park at North Concord after 7:30 AM and before 10 AM without getting a ticket? Do they ticket at North Concord in the big non-reserved parking lot?