Saturday Morning Armed Robbery at Sally’s Beauty Supply in Concord

August 17, 2013 12:00 pm · 30 comments

Police are investigating an armed robbery at Sally’s Beauty Supply in Concord on Saturday morning.

The store is located in the Clayton Valley Shopping Center on Ygnacio Valley Road, and was robbed just before 10am.

The man, who was described as a white male adult in his early 50’s with a white mustache, a black hoodie and a red bandana, used a gun, took money and ran into the Roundtree condo complex immediately after the crime.

We’re hearing one person was detained, however, it is unclear if the man was the suspect.

No injuries were reported.

hood August 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I am definitely buying into the “hoodies r us” franchise.

Wendy August 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Early 50’s? How fast can he run?! LOLOLOL All though, glad that nobody was hurt! I am so sick of criminals! GET A REAL JOB LOSERS!

Em Dubya August 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I’m glad the police are intensifying traffic safety enforcement. Robbers fleeing on foot can feel safer when running across roadways.

Too bad Sally didn't pull out a big ol'Machete...... August 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

and give the robbing maggot a Phillipine Haircut….

Elwood August 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

If I were pursuing a career in armed robbery, the beauty supply places would be the first ones I’d hit.

Anonymous August 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

@em dubya

Get popped for DUI did we?

Psycho Cat August 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Can’t get a real job. Probably an addict. Addiction Sucks, it’s the devil on earth. Addicts will rob their own family. When they need a high, there is no thought process other than, what will get me my next high?

wishy washy August 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

how much could one get from there,, sounds fishy

Mimi (original) August 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Really? They targeted Sally’s out of all the businesses there? It does sound fishy, doesn’t it? I can think of at least five businesses that might have yielded a larger “benefit”. Idiots in hoodies – do the hoodies hide the holes in their heads where their brains are leaking out?

Triple Canopy August 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hoodie!… standard scumbag swag.

Julie August 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM

At least there were no injuries.

I believe a lot of robberies are drug related, even if the addict is employed full time.

Hopefully they’ll catch him. Criminals aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed.

trey August 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Was money stolen or hair products? LOL not a place I would think would have a lot of cash to steal…

MadMom August 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM

@Psycho Cat

You got that right. If only we really helped addicts instead of just putting them in jail where they can still get access to drugs! The cycle will never change unless the system changes first.

anonanonagain August 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM

This putrefying excuse of a human being must be seriously desperate. Drug addiction? Can’t feed his goldfish because he forgot to show up for work at the drive thru window? Tar and feather his arse……

Teacher Wannabe August 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Shoukd have been suspicious right off…
A white person
A male
In his 50’s
In Sallys

Nevermind the hoodie.
Surprised they didn’t call 911 as he walked in.

K August 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Here’s some math for the slow kids:
At least $100 in each register + all cash received from the prior day that hadn’t been deposited yet + a small store tucked away in the corner of a shopping center with probably no customers inside = NOT “fishy”, once you actually try giving it some thought instead of jumping to conclusions and blaming the victims, like always :p

Sally's Again? August 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Wasn’t Sally’s robbed about 18 months ago or so? I recall a beauty supply place in that center being robbed previously. My wife shops there and says the folks that work there are very nice. Such a shame some dirtbag in a hoodie has to disrupt everyone else’s world for their own thievery.

I’m to the point where it should be acceptable for “Shoot first, ask questions later” for store owners when someone entering their door is wearing a hoodie!

Just My Opinion August 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM

MadMom & Psycho Cat
I agree that addiction is the devil but you cannot help an addict that does not want to be helped. The “system” has plenty of help if people really want it the problem is they don’t. So the rest of us who live in society should not have to deal with those idiots and if locking them up is the only way to keep them away from hard working people then lock them up and throw away the key.

Just My Opinion August 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

K – Exactly!

wtf August 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM

tweakers from roundtree

MadMom August 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM

@Just My Opinion
You make a valid point. Nothing can help someone who doesn’t want to be made whole again. But it should be an option for those who truly want their life back.
I have no answers, but I can’t deny how right you are.

Althea Corrin Salon August 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

OMG right next door to my Salon. I hope the girls are ok. I am on vacation otherwise I would have been there. So sorry to hear that.

A.Wapcaplet August 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

@triple Canapeas, back to school , crazy
time , Sears, Target, Old Navy, all TV. ads
mention back pack and hoodies for the
kids. So I guess we can blame the
the retailers for this hoodie thing, the hoodie
monster gets us hoodie wearers when we
are young. Hoodies don’t commit crimes s,
oh never mind !

JustMe August 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I never liked the location. All those business is the back and not well seen. …but then again, I’ve long complained about that shopping center. It’s the poorest design I’ve ever encountered. It’s too bad the businesses weren’t all around the perimeter, while the parking was in the center. The whole center should have had a better flow to it. Also it’s need better signage at the entrances.

Katrina August 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I wouldn’t think Sally’s Beauty Supply would have a lot of cash on hand. But armed robbers will rob anybody.

My guess is places like this are easily targeted because they cater to women, and less men around.

If you have a gun, you wouldn’t think it would matter.

Miguel August 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I’m sick of crime!

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a drug addict. If so, get some help.

I hope they catch this dude.

debdvo August 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM

O.K. My money is 99.9% on two shifty looking guys pulling out from Michigan to YVR (going right) in an older blue Chevy or Nova or something like that. I looked at him and then said to my passenger- “now those guys are shifty”. They’re totally up to something. Right age, scraggly mustache. But was wearing a fedora, sunglasses and dark jacket. his side kick had a short haircut and was sitting low, like hiding. It was 1:05pm. Got a traffic camera on that route- you’ll get a plate. Seriously- I read people and that guy looked right at me and looked scared I was looking right at him.

Althea Corrin Salon August 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I love the location of my Salon it is peaceful and quite. There is great parking. I am never scared there. We pay for security they are always around. Sally is always very busy. I have been in that center for18yrs and it’s a great center.

anonymouse August 18, 2013 at 4:13 AM

IF Obama had a son , he would be wearing a hoodie! And growing up in Chicago,he would have a long criminal record to Go with the tatts, and gold tooth.

LuLu August 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Sally’s in Clayton and not Concord. I work at Walgreens right around the corner and we’re Clayton? Just wondering if this is a typo. We’ve been getting a lot of shady customers in our store lately and our theft has gone thru the roof…We have had to lock up a lot of our merchandise, pretty soon we’ll have to lock the doors and only allow 3 people in at a time…lol..JK…it’s truly getting bad. It does have to do with drug use and lack of jobs, only going to get worse.