PIC: Rollover Crash on Willow Pass & Port Chicago in Concord

August 10, 2013 9:13 am · 20 comments

wp_pch

Very minor injuries were reported after a rollover crash in Concord late-Friday night, according to police.

The crash only involved one vehicle, and occurred at the corner of Willow Pass & Port Chicago Highway.

The cause is under investigation, and no arrests were made.

Thanks to the anonymous Claycordian for the photo!

1 AO August 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I wonder if this is the same guy who was driving through Roundtree at 4am? He ran into a fence, somehow lost his female passenger and sped off into the night leaving parts of his truck on the ground.
The police, fire trucks and an ambulance were on scene to pick up the girl and take her to the hospital. He’s lucky he didn’t kill anybody.

2 D August 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Tough to go over unless speed and distraction are involved

3 The Joker August 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Hmmm… I guess the rooflaps didn’t deploy.

4 down and out August 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM

How do you manage to flip are car over unless another car or stationary object, such as a tree, are involved??? Something doesn’t seem right here. Maybe there was another car involved, but it sped off?

5 Howard K Mullins III August 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Unless there was a mechanical malfunction or a desperate health issue, there is no excuse for this sort of accident other than the driver being a maniac.

6 Curious August 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Why no story on Claycord about the incident in Roundtree ?

7 Asdf August 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

He hopped the median first. I’d guess looking elsewhere than the road. And driving at a high rate of speed for that street.

8 anon August 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Nothing to see here folks– just another day in Concord…now move along………

9 trey August 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM

In a related bad driver story, I was just navigating the CV Shopping Center this morning, and the short time I was there, I saw 3 different cars blow through stop signs, even when there were other cars right there, I couldn’t believe how stupid people were acting. Another one later over by Lucky’s speeding through the parking lot, goes right through the stop sign without even slowing up…It doesn’t even seem to faze them that there is a car coming right toward them..
It was so blatant today, I had to make a comment on it..

10 J August 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Looks like the exploder swerved went over median through bushes when came out at port Chicago was probably already sideways and rolled. I seem it right after. Bushes are all messed up pole is bent on median on willow pass

11 Kelly August 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

@Down and Out-4. How do you flip a car? Um, driving too fast under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Or both! Inexperienced driver? Falling asleep at the wheel. It happens.

Some people just don’t belong on the road. Take public transportation!

12 A.Wapcaplet August 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

As with many things we don’t teach well,
operating a motor vehicle safely must be
added to the list.

13 I'm The Urban Spaceman August 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

At least a fire hydrant wasn’t injured.

14 ConcordIte August 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I agree with everyone . you know as a child I was taught to respect my elders, to speak when I walk into a room, to help others when they need help, do unto others as you want done to me, lookout for the other guy to follow rules, to be kind to share, and to have respect for others and other peoples things. we also took ownership of our mistakes and pay the price normally it was with a belt. yeah and I can’t help but think things are out of control in this day in age partly because children don’t seem to be being taught these badics. Either that or its not being reinforced with 2 parents in most cases on the workforce. is that person was out there on the streets knowing they shouldn’t have been unless it was a mechanical problems don’t tell me that person didn’t know they should have been on the road. they don’t have any respect for life and brothers or even for themselves not all them a lot of society

15 Too bad he didn't nail a hydrant along the way... August 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

could have looked real pretty in that lighting…

16 BCuzItzClaycord August 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Alcohol, drugs, cell phone,……some of these, all of these
And #14………..AMEN. I was also taught that driving was not a “right” and that a car was not a “toy” but a potential deadly weapon.

17 Yes Concordlte (SIC)... August 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM

…I’m sure no one ever wrecked a vehicle or flipped their car over in that incredibly idealistic time you remember. OR, most likely, you were too young to notice all the drunk drivers and automobile crashes that were happening around you. The idealistic accident and drunk driver free utopia you mentioned in your social morality lecture never existed. People have been wrecking cars 3-sheets-to-the-wind since these contraptions first wheeled off the assembly line.

18 ConcordIte August 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I’ m not in Utopia and that wasn’t a moral lecture. I apologise for offending you . Really shouldn’t have taken that so personslly . You werent driving tgat car thst night were you? And no I’m not oblivious to my surroundings;I saw plenty of senseless driving go on. Doesn’t change anything. I said .. It’s still irresponsible and selfish to risk the lives of others. You want to risk your life go right ahead. Let the rest of us make, the decision about ours or sekves thank you very much..

19 ConcordIte August 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

No need to be RUDE

20 ConcordIte August 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

No need to be Rude. I, was nearly killed in
s a passenger in an alcohol related car accident in 87. I wrnt through passenger side window and hit the windshield repeatedly with my face. it was down to skull, they had to stitch muscle back tigethet before even stitching skin, the glass went through my eye going through my cornea, broke my collar bone and knockef a piece of bone, off my shoulder 3 days before christmas. My 19 month old dsughter wouldn’t come near me for weeks because i scared her i was so gory. That also ended a position i had worked hard for managing a hair salon i was 22 years old at the time. So maybe that experience gives me a bit of an attitude about people being irresponsible behind the wheel. I apologise if i came off holy_er than thou wasn’t my intension . Hope no one else was offende. My oppologies