The Water Cooler – Fireworks on the 4th

July 3, 2013 12:00 pm · 21 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Where is the best place in Claycord to watch fireworks on the 4th of July?

Talk about it….

1 Anon777 July 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I watch the Singing Flag fireworks from my backyard – no crowd!

2 Enfield303 July 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

On tv inside the house. One year I was watching them from my front yard when a bullet whizzed by my head and bounced off the garage door. I often find bullets after the 4th of july and New Years..

3 Brit July 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Grizzly peak… you can view the whole bay area’s show. Multiple firework shows up there

4 Triple Canopy July 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Mayor, calling it “The 4th” is perpetuating misinformation and ignorance. It’s called INDEPENDENCE DAY.

5 cf July 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

From our backyard. Watched the ones from the Singing Flag last night. Can see Martinez, Vallejo, Benicia, and College Park too. One year, Waterworld also.

6 Antler July 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Enfield 303 at #2 ~ ~ ~ Careful there! INDOORS you might bounce them off the ceiling fan! ;-)

7 Claytown July 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM

The BART negotiating room, I hope.

8 Antler July 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I’ve heard that up on the top deck of the Nordstrom parking garage is a nice viewing venue for seeing fireworks around central county.

9 Rude July 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Main St Parade in downtown Martinez @ 10am, bar-b-q at home in the afternoon, then to the Martinez marina in the evening for the fireworks.

10 Jim July 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

from my chair of course

11 Mike July 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

@Triple Canopy: I’m going to assume that’s humor as we all know it’s Independence Day, but calling it “The 4th” doesn’t actually perpetuate misinformation and ignorance. It’s merely another way of indicating it’s Independence Day.

And, I agree with other folks, the Martinez Marina! But don’t tell anyone, it’s already crowded enough down there! ;-)

12 fire hazard July 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Fireworks should be forbidden in areas where the weather is above 100

13 Your Local Elected Leader July 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

#12: we are enacting a temporary sales tax increase of 5% to fund a blue ribbon commission to study your point.

I recommend viewing fireworks at 10,000 ft above Claycord on a publicly funded balloon ride.

14 @12 July 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

BUZZ KILL

15 funny guy July 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

from my keyboard! plenty of live online streams and A/C to boot!
in the spirit of freedom and liberty!: http://i.imgur.com/wHTZ4V9.gif

16 nytemuvr July 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

“Back in the day” we used to take a blanket, food and drinks and watched them next to the Mt Diablo football field…it was the best in CCC then (in Concord at least). You could sit next to where they lit them with a flare and some would fly though the crowd most years. It was great, my little brother would cry and I wasn’t doing anything to him (I was the mean older brother). Things have changed a bit in 50 years.

17 Babs July 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Our backyard is right next to park, too No parties this year, tho. I wonder how S.Flag is doing with all the bugs this year…..just don’t put your blanket next to the big lights…lol.

18 Pro Choice....Gun owner July 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM

From my boat on the San Joaquin river, Antioch
31″ 1966 Trojan

19 anon July 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I haven’t seen any bugs this year………but I do like the flag

20 anon3000 July 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

from the front yard of my house. we got fireworks on deck

21 Grumpy Old Man July 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Eh, I don’t like dealing with the crowds just to see some fireworks. Seen ‘em.