The following statement regarding the arrest of Woodside Elementary School teacher Joe Martin is from Mt. Diablo Unified School District Interim Superintendent John Bernard:
The Mt. Diablo Unified School District is saddened and disturbed by the recent arrest of a teacher at Woodside Elementary School in Concord.
Our staff has been working with the Concord Police Department since this was brought to our attention in late April 2013. The teacher in question was removed immediately and has not returned to the campus.
While we cannot comment on the on-going investigation, our prayers and supportive thoughts are with the victims and their families.
We strongly encourage anyone with information about this investigation to contact the Concord Police Department.
As Claycord.com first reported, Martin was arrested last Thursday and is facing 91 charges of Lewd and Lascivious Acts against 12 of his current & former students.
- EXCLUSIVE: Woodside Elementary Teacher Joe Martin Arrested for Sex Crimes Against Several Children
- Long-Time Concord Elementary School Teacher Charged with 91 Felonies – Faces Life in Prison for Alleged Molestation
- PHOTO: Alleged Child Molester & Current Elementary School Teacher on Halloween in 2012
- How Long Did the MDUSD Know About the Child Molestation Allegations Against Elementary School Teacher Joe Martin?
- CONCORD: Alleged Child Molesting Teacher Enters Plea During Wednesday Morning Arraignment