Suspect Who Caused Lockdown at Concord High School Identified – Now Accused of Carjacking

April 24, 2013 10:16 am · 57 comments

The suspect we first told you about who fled from police on Tuesday, and caused Concord High School and other schools to be placed on lockdown, has been identified, and is now accused of carjacking driver.

The following update is from the Concord Police Department:

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at approximately 11:18 AM, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office pursued a stolen vehicle into Concord. The suspect vehicle collided with another vehicle on Concord Bl. near West Street. After the collision, the suspect unsuccessfully attempted to steal an occupied vehicle in the vicinity and was then seen fleeing on foot. For precautionary reasons, nearby schools (Concord High School and El Dorado Middle School) were advised of the incident and those schools were placed in lockdown status. Officers conducted an extensive ground search for the suspect in the area, however, he was not found. The two schools were released from lockdown.

During this on-going investigation, Officers learned that immediately after the collision the suspect carjacked an occupied vehicle and forced the victim driver to drive him out of the area.

The victim was later released by the suspect, unharmed.

Officers continued to look for the suspect, who was known and additionally wanted on a felony arrest warrant. At about 9:00 PM that evening, Officers developed information he was at a residence on Balhan Ct. in Concord. Officers located the suspect there and he was arrested without incident. He was identified as 31 year-old Moner Amir, a Concord resident.

Amir was booked at the Concord Police Department jail facility for the felony warrant, pursuit, stolen vehicle, felony hit and run, robbery-carjacking, and kidnapping. He will be transported to County Jail in Martinez.

This investigation is still on-going. For this reason, no additional information will be released to the public at this time.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Concord Police Department’s Investigations Division at 925-671-3030. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can call the anonymous tip-line at 925-603-5836.

1 welcome to hell! April 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Yeah… You look SOOOO tough on your FB page!!!!POS! Moner Amir… I bet your ASS will be as puckered as your lips are in your photo in a couple of days there in jail. Nice role model for your baby momma’s kid….

2 Getting out of here.. April 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

What a jerk. Interfering with an educational day, endangering our streets and children and police officers. Mr future judge of this nerd!! Start hammering down please. Parents, start kicking your out of control kids in the butt. Teachers and admin, GET STRICT AND FOLLOW THROUGH. I AM…

3 Jose C. April 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

WOW, What a class act.
Just looked this guy on Facebook…. before he takes down his profile (which usually happens), here is one thing he posted recently:

“Sometimes i wish i had never gotten involved with my baby moms”

and here is one of the responses, which gives you a clue about what kind of guy he is (however I am proud of this girl for standing up to him and being a responsible parent):

“Ha ha really I happen to be one of them and you created this mess you should be so lucky to have two wonderful mothers to your children you should be glad we’re not all twacked out and that we take care of your children you have some beautiful kids sad you can’t get it together to be apart of their lives. Christene and I are dam good moms you should be grateful not wishing you never had. Jasiah and Arianna could be the best thing that ever happened to you if you’d grow up… I know their the best thing that’s ever happened to me and Christene so don’t blame us for the choices you make… We’re very clear on what we expect from you. Your kids are amazing!!!!”

4 Mary April 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Moner Amir ? is this the long hair fat HISPANIC oakland raider ran? I’m surprised they didn’t find him in a boat covered over a tarp. This dude needs a good background check. Hmmm maybe one of Obama’s sons?

5 Mr. Pink April 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I used to live on Balhan Ct. Yikes.
Happy to hear another fine citizen is off the streets. Hopefully for a long time.

6 So Sad April 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

It breaks my heart when there are children involved. Those children no matter if there is another male in their lives will miss and wonder about their father. A message to the Moms, please encourage your children to talk about their feelings about their father and don’t think they’re too young.
He endangered so many lives, and he was lucky it didn’t turn out any worse than it did.

7 9 deuce daisy April 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Oh how nice, he and his homies share info about who’s locked up with each other LOL People like this douchecanoe is exactly why I will choose to stay in Concord and raise my family – right where I grew up – and I will be damned if I let some wanna-be gangsters scare me away.

Enjoy your latest stay in “da pen” on the tax payers dime, POS.

8 anonymous April 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Well Concord Mama ,who ran her mouth off about how bad it was that the PD terminated the pursuit, is now asserting her right to remain silent.

9 Elwood April 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Under realignment he’ll do 30 days in county and have to pick up the trash.

Thank you Assemblywoman Bonehead, Senator Marky Mark (you want fries with that?), CA leg. and Governor Moonbeam.

10 Anonymous April 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Aren’t there more than three felonies here so that this POS can be locked up for the rest of his useless life?

11 Duck Face April 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
12 Colleen April 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Hopefully the CPD did not read him his Miranda Rights so he can be charged as an Enemy Combatant.

13 Shuley April 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

@ Elwood

AB 109 was in response to an order from the US Supreme Court mandating that California reduce it’s state prison population. Obviously, now the less than informed Claycord right wing population blames the current governor, etc for something that commenced 12 years ago when the original complaint was filed.

So, what is your solution? We cannot just build prisons overnight. We cannot release violent criminals. We cannot just keep stuffing people into state prisons when we have NO CHOICE but to reduce the population. We already spend more money in CA on our prisons than we do on our schools. So, what’s your solution? Or do you just complain with nothing substantive to offer to the debate?

14 KenInConcord April 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Class act!! His facebook says it all!

15 jj April 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

what a disgrace to the RAIDER NATION

16 Don't Censor Me Bro April 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

@ Elwood April 24, 2013 # 9

We’ll see, he has some pretty serious charges…

17 What a Loser.. April 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Such thoughtful Facebook friends he has. They kept him up to date on what his other friends were up to while he was in jail in January. “Horsenutts” just got 11 years and “mini heads” is on trial and might get the death penalty.

18 Don't Censor Me Bro April 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

@ S #13, what part, of the current gov is the one who created the current AB 109 monster, don’t you grasp?

SCOTUS didn’t dictate the details of the failing AB109 to Moonbeam…

typical…

19 Bishop Estates April 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Nice job CPD!!!!

20 Claytown April 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My message to gangstah:

21 @ Mary #4 April 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

@ Mary #4

Congratulations, you have just lowered yourself to Elwood’s level, which is a complete imbecile.

22 aaa April 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
23 Don't Censor Me Bro April 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Just a friendly reminder to the CPD naysayers…

It was the CCCSO that was originally chasing the dirtbag and CPD assisted them..

As ObLAMEr says — eat your peas

24 lawabidingcitizen April 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I always find it interesting how people get car jacked. My doors are always locked while im driving, if someone runs up to my car Id be speeding off.
Glad this DB got caught quick well see how long he gets locked up though.

Felon thats out on the streets and dropped his Inmate card lol too funny.

25 Over Concord April 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

What an intelligent group of people on his fb. It disgusts me that this is where my hometown has gone. I’m another ready to leave this crap behind. My sons elementary was on lock down too.
Thanks to all the wanna be thugs for ruining concord, effin losers.

26 Anon April 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

@Elwood- I could not agree more!

Thank you CPD for getting this thug off the streets.

I do not, for the life of me, understand why any female would lie down and make a baby with someone like this. It’s time for ladies to think more highly of themselves, get their education, take a few years to get to know someone first, and then CHOOSE to become a mother when they can provide a stable home and a decent father for their children. I feel sorry for this man’s child and the female that has a baby with him. What a miserable life. I certainly hope things go well for the baby and the mother and that this is the end of the chain of thugs. Think twice, ladies.

27 Mac April 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Man, i feel sorry for both the 2 kids, and their Mother`s.

I`m so glad to have 2 up standing mature super guys as my Son-in-Laws.
And not someone like this blow it.

28 @Mac, #27 April 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Mothers does not require an apostrophe(Mother’s), and you are referring to your two sons(in law), not son-in-laws. Slept through English, didn’t you? Happy to have been of some assistance.

29 nytemuvr April 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I don’t understand why people don’t lock their doors while driving, I sure it would cut down on carjacking if the crook can’t just open a car door. Door locks work when your driving, not just parked and unattended. I always lock my car doors, like putting on seat belts when I’m driving.

30 SF Citygirl April 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Mary # 4 is an Ass & #28 so are you. For the criminal, you’re a P.O.S.

31 anon April 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Thank you, Concord PD and Contra Costa Fire for your continued wonderful service to our community

I saw the aftermath of the crash as I left Starbucks. The crash looked so severe that it is a miracle that no child/student or other innocent person was injured in the crash. Sad that the criminal was so selfish that he would put others at risk of injury or death just to escape.

32 What a loser.. April 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

He was arrested on Balhan Ct. That’s the seedy area behind the bowling alley. The guy who murdered Ray Casso at the Clayton Post Office lived in that neighborhood. That area attends CVCHS. It’s just one more reason never to send my kid there.

33 getitstright April 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Leave it up to a raider fan to do some shot like this!!! Lol and just to let everyone know he’s AFGHAN NOT Hispanic!

34 Subterfuge April 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Checked out the FB page. Wish I hadn’t. Now I’m thinking I might have to drink a bottle of draino to get that sh!t out of my mind. Holy f*** that was stupefying!

35 anonanonagain April 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Thank you Duck Face for showing to everyone what an absolute idiot this guy is. His picture shows that he is trying to look tough and cool when in actually fact he just looks overweight, stressed acne permeating his every pore and a sad excuse for a human being.
I’m sorry ladies but I don’t feel sorry for you for getting involved with this obvious loser, who obviously didn’t have any respect for you in the first place. Your children and the ones who will pay the price for their “father’s’ choices in life. Sad.
He chose this life and in 50 years he will probably look back not only in anger, but with regret…….

36 Claycordian1 April 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

@ Anon #31, thanks for leaving some positive feedback on the page – very considerate of you :)

I agree, big thanks to the fire department, CPD, CCCSO, and anyone else that keeps us safe – we owe you!!!

37 Ick April 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Glad he was caught and hauled away. The nut that stabbed the poor man at the Clayton post office lived on Balhan. Ick. I live in that area and don’t feel safe walking in my own neighborhood except early in the a.m. when no one is around.

38 concord hater #1 April 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM

@Mary April 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Please, oh please for the sake of the human species….tell me that you DO NOT have any children!!!! That privilege should have been taken away from you a long time ago.

39 Brian Griffin April 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Adios Moner Amir…

40 NRA #1 fan and member April 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hopefully the car jacking will get him life in prison.

41 annon April 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Free Moe.. We love you Moe…everyone can hate all they want but dont trip we already got you a paid lawyer on line better then Johnny Cockran so you wont be in there long. And as for as sorry CPD they didnt do there job all. One of many concord snitches droped a dime on him. and CPD is trying to take the credit. He is innocent and his lawyer will prove that. Its so nice to have money to keep a lawyer on line like ours for the homies, exspecially when the lawyers are such GREAT friends with the D.A. and Judge ya know like weekend golf games, BBQ at eachothers houses Fly out to lunch on there private plane and so on and so on.

42 Calendar Girl April 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

One of his creepy Facebook friends posted pictures of a cat squaring off with a pit bull. More trashy people out there than I want to know about.

43 without incident? April 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I live on Balhan court… it definitely wasn’t “without incident”. He left in an ambulance after the k9s went looking for his ass. They were out here for awhile.

44 annon #41 April 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Maybe when your “lawyer” aka public defender is done helping your “homie” Moe he can work on some grammar and spelling lessons for you. Reminder to both of you: Don’t drop the soap.

45 concord hater #1 April 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

@annon April 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I am just guessing that you and your “homies, bros and fellow idiots” do not really have enough dough to hire a “Johnny Cochrane” lawyer.

You just “ain’t” got the Benjamins….homey!!!!

46 annon April 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

yeah thats what you would love to think… public (pretender) defender never that. We got all the Benjamins needed trust that. You all will see when my boy is out very shortly. It pays to be paid. @@45 Dont wait to hate.. If your nice maybe we could put you on the payroll so you can make some real money

47 anonymous April 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Dear annon

A good spoof doesn’t go too far. You did.

48 anon April 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

@ annon
You say someone snitched on ya but your on claycord dry snitchin on your self tellin people ya cool with the da, where they do that at?? Ya some suckaz FOH!

49 anonamust April 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM

@ annon, said,”We got all the Benjamins needed trust that.”

Probably from selling and manufacturing drugs or theft. Your money is not honest, decent moulah but filthy, turd infested paper that you sold your soul out for. Your friend “Moe” is a real piece of work and I’m not talking Rembrandt here. A real douche that society doesn’t want or need. Yeah, you go on and believe the fairy tale that poor “Schmoe” is an innocent man. He stole a car, crashed and fled. If he’s so GD innocent why was he running???

50 Anon April 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Don’t worry the evil sequester will see him released any moment now.

51 The Closer April 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

@annon#46

Yeah,he has the” benjamins”, that’s why the dumb ass is stealing cars. Oh, that’s right,he is innocent. Climb back under your slimy rock loser.

52 @annon April 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

@Anon

Haha, your freakin funny. He aint getting out soon buddy!!! Broke a#@ street thugs say you got all kinds of money huh??? Why is he stealing cars. What a joke. You guys think your tough guys huh??? Wake up homey!!!

People like you are insecure, lost little kids trying to get attention in a negative way. Nothing tough about that. Thats why most of you thugs pack knives and guns because none of you can fight let alone respect yourself or anyone else. Sure wish I was a cop, I would profile and roll on anyone who looked like “Moe” all day sucka….

I still love this town but damn, this place is turning into a dump.

53 Diana April 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I was driving down Concord Blvd. at Elm St. when he sped around another car and then came into my lane and would have hit me head-on. I swerved into the next lane where luckily there wasn’t another car. Then I pulled off to the side of the road and watched in my rear view mirror as five police cars pursued him as he continued to drive down the wrong side of the road. It was a scary incident. I’m so glad they caught him.

54 This guy April 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I knew Moner from elementary school. All I can really remember is that he always smelled. No hygiene at all as a matter of fact. Never had any friends because he was just a total outcast. I remember trying to be nice to him. And as soon as he got attention from me, he wouldn’t leave me alone. He followed me everywhere like a lost puppy. This was in my last year of elementary school. So after that I never saw him again. Over the years, I have noticed in the Concord arrest reports, his name has been comming up occasionally. So he’s just getting worse and worse. Bottom line, he came from nothing, and apparently had no desire to pull himself up, out, and away from that lifestyle. He’s probably looking at 3-5 years. Cause of the realignment, he will do his time here in CoCo county most likely, unless he gets over 5 years. But yeah, he’s nothing and that’s all he will most likely ever be… Such a waste of life. It’s a shame but he’s gonna get what’s commin to him real soon… One more off the street for 3-5 lol!!!

55 annon April 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

@ 48 Damn your stupid!!! You should learn how to read before you write your dumb ass comments!!!! Know were in my comment did I ever say that I was friends with the Da. I said that it helps to have a paid lawyer that is such good friends with the D.A. Fyi all paid lawyers are good friends with the D.A. and the judge thats why they get such deals

56 mina yor onbuiziness April 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I wish people would take a look at yourselves You cant evev put your real name. With your posts. And to his highly respectable babies mamas..lets not bust out wit the photo albums

57 Enfield303 April 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

@56

Soooo,your real name is” mina yor onbuiziness?