FBI Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Alleged Victims of Convicted Killer

April 16, 2013 12:33 pm · 13 comments

anderson

The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying alleged victims of convicted killer Curtis Dean Anderson, who died while serving his prison term on December 9, 2007.

Anderson was convicted and sentenced to over 300 years in prison for the 1999 kidnapping and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild in Vallejo, California, and other crimes. He was captured after one of his kidnap victims, then 9-year-old Midsi Sanchez, was able to escape.

Anderson was interviewed by FBI agents in November 2007, and he confessed to murdering eight victims in the United States, which includes Fairchild and 7-year-old Amber Swartz-Garcia of Pinole, California, in 1988. Anderson also confessed to two murders in Mexico but did not provide any information on those victims.

The following is a list of the stateside victims’ descriptions by Anderson in chronological order:

Late 1984

Victim #1 was described as a female in her late teens/early 20s. Anderson allegedly met and killed her and disposed of her body near a local swimming hole in Marysville, California. She was a “runaway.”

Victim #2 was a young female hitchhiker in her late teens, whom Anderson claimed he picked up on a road near the northeast side of Clearlake a few days after the death of Victim #1.

Early 1985

Victim #3 was a female who was in her late teens. She was also residing in the Marysville area and was possibly a runaway from Oregon. Anderson claimed to have killed her in early 1985. Anderson allegedly disposed of Victims #2 and #3 near the Ballard’s Bar Dam close to Dobbins, California.

November 1986

Victim #4 was approximately 21 years old. She was a light-skinned black female whom Anderson met in a bar frequented by African-Americans located in the East Bay, off Interstate-80 on San Pablo Avenue. He claims this occurred about 10 days after he was paroled from San Quentin State Prison. Anderson allegedly killed the victim and disposed of her body in the Oakland hills.

June 1988

Victim #5 was Amber Swartz-Garcia. Anderson said Swartz-Garcia was standing on a street in Pinole, California, when he drove up to where she was standing, opened his car door, and physically forced her into his car. He eventually murdered her in Arizona and disposed of her body around Benson, Arizona, in the desert off of Interstate-10 sometime in mid-1988.

1988/1989

Victim #6 was allegedly a Navajo Indian woman who was approximately 23 to 24 years old. Anderson claimed he picked her up near 5th or 6th Street in Benicia, California, coming out of a bar in either 1988 or 1989. He said that he killed his victim in the desert somewhere near Benson, Arizona.

Early 1997

Victim #7 was in her early 20s. She was a black and Hispanic female whom Anderson described as going by the name “Rosie.” Anderson allegedly met the victim at The Bears bar, which he described as being frequented by Hispanics. This bar was located under Highway 87 in San Jose, California, near a bowling alley.

Anderson claimed this victim had noticeable “junkie tracks” on her arms, and he killed her by strangulation. He allegedly disposed of her body less than five miles off the Ben Lomand turnoff near Santa Cruz, California, approximately 300 yards past a water retention pond behind a locked gate.

During this incident, Anderson stated he had been driving a black Toyota truck from his “Parts Company.” He claimed this occurred around February or March 1997.

December 1999

Victim #8 was Xiana Fairchild, who disappeared on December 9, 1999. Her skull was found in early 2001 in an unincorporated area of Los Gatos in Santa Clara County.

If the public has any information regarding the identity of the alleged victims, please call the FBI San Francisco tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324). All calls are confidential and tips can be left anonymously.

{ 13 comments }

1 Girlfriend April 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Such a monster.
My heart breaks for all these beautiful souls and their families.

2 umm no April 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

This is from Kim Swartz her self

” Mr Anderson can say anything he wants if it would help him cut a deal or help him in anyway. I want proof. Mr. Anderson is not the only person to have admitted to taking and killing my daughter. There have been many. I believe that no missing person’s case should be closed unless you have a body, DNA or some form of overwhelming evidence. I do not believe we should take the word of a compulsive lier. Amber has been missing since June 3rd, 1988, 7 years old. I need proof, not word’s from a compulsive lier who kidnapps, rapes and murders children and women.”

3 Jim April 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I’m am sick to my stomach….I hope his soul rots in hell!

4 CatWoman April 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM

What a disgusting piece of crap–glad he’s dead!

5 Marla April 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

As much as I would be relieved to put the mystery of my neighbor, Amber Swartz-Garcia, to rest, it is not certain that Curtis Dean Anderson was her killer. Investigators announced that he was the killer based on his confessions; however, no evidence has ever been recovered, and Anderson was known for taunting victims’ families and enjoying the notoriety of his murders. So awful that for so many families there is still no real closure.

6 Concordian April 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I was one of the volunteers that spent 16 hours of my own time looking for Xiana Fairchild in Vallejo, I was so stressed during the search, found hair (not hers) looking for clues. First time ever helping a community.. then I had to back to work and to my dismay, had a Patient named Curtis D Anderson in my ICU… evil, evil man I remember this vividly since I was so physically affected by his mere presence. I took care of him and treated with the utmost respect per my oath as my profession requires. I remember being physically ill each and everytime I entered his room. He brought bile to my throat..did not understand why until he was arrested one month later for Xiana’s murder…so the message I want to send is listen to your gut!!! It always tells you the truth…May the devil spend billions of hours torturing this man as he tortured others!!

7 Jeninreality April 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Paroled in 1986 from San Quentin and then went on to continue his crime spree. What do you think about that Liberals? Let me guess, everyone deserves a second chance and they can be rehabilitated. Unfortunately one victim is too many for scumbags like this to be let loose on the public. I’m so sorry for the families that have to endure the awful legacy this slime left behind. I hope his death was at least painful!

8 ICK! April 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM

May all the poor victims of this disgusting worthless scumbag rest in peace. But, may he never rest in peace. So disgusting. What a disgusting person to have committed such horrible acts.

9 anonanonagain April 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It’s amazing that this man was out on parole after what he already had done!!! Then he murdered again. Our laws when it comes to protecting children from these predators aren’t strict enough. How is a rapist allowed to go free, only to presume that he his “cured”. A monster that should have been incarcerated or taken out on a boating trip to use as shark bait……

10 concord April 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

it is truly disgusting this Anderson was allowed to do this after being paroled. obviously his parole officer fell down on the job IN A BIG WAY since Anderson committed his first murder just days after being released from prison.

i don’t think Amber’s investigation should be closed either based on Anderson’s word alone; the Swartz-Garcia family is entitled to proof.

it makes me sick they let these people out. they should also be forced to pay their own prison keep as well instead of the taxpayers footing the bill. there are plenty of roads that need repairing in the State of California that these clowns could be working on instead of sitting watching TV all day in prison.

11 Michelle April 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I agree with ” Umm No ” just because some psycho says he did something does NOT make him the “one”. This man is crazy & thanks to our “system” he could have heard these story’s from TV, radio, other inmates or who knows !

12 MSkitty April 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That is a wonder….can you imagine all those deaths…and probably was in denial the whole time. Gruesome thought that he didn’t care about any of them–Thanks to our system, he didn’t have the chance to procreate (hopefully).

13 The Mamba April 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I’ve mountain biked up around Bullard’s Bar, lots of places to bury a body there that would never be found.