UPDATE: Murder in Concord – Suspect Arrested & Identified

April 7, 2013 7:53 am · 69 comments

Concord Police have confirmed that a 25-year-old Brentwood man was murdered in Concord on Saturday night during a family party on Mi Casa Court.

Police have identified the victim as Ismael Garcia Ramirez, they say he was shot in the head during an altercation with the suspect, 29-year-old Concord resident Vincent Ochoa.

The following information is from the Concord Police Department:

Witnesses provided officers with information that lead to the identification of a suspect vehicle which had fled the scene as well as information regarding a possible suspect. The suspect vehicle was located at an apartment complex in the 1200 block of Monument Boulevard near Victory Lane. Concord officers contacted the suspect at his apartment and took him into custody without incident. The suspect, 29 year old Concord resident Vincent Ochoa, was arrested and booked at CPD on a single charge of First Degree Homicide.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Major Crimes Unit Detective Greg Pardella at (925) 603-5922. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can call the Concord Police Department Tip-line at (925) 603-5836.

No further information is being released at this time to protect the integrity of the investigation.

CLAYCORD NOTE: This is the first official murder in Concord since October of 2011. Many of you might remember in April of 2012, a homeless person was found dead on Monument Boulevard, and a suspect was arrested for his murder, but the coroner couldn’t find an exact cause of death, so that case was not listed as a homicide.

{ 69 comments }

1 longtime ccc April 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM

So very sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to this mans family. May he R. I. P.

2 Tree farm April 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM

What about the homeless encampment between 242 and 680? And then the one right by the willow pass off ramp? Hasn’t there been murders at both of those? Are those unincorporated areas?

3 anon April 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I went to middle and Hs with that pos. He was a gang banger in middle school with no aspersions of ever doing anything worth wile in his miserable excuse for a life. I hope he gets what he deserves..a life sentence.

4 v8alamo April 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM

this is sad, glad they found the suspect though

5 Chester E. Kitty April 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I’m glad to see our homicides are down!

Let me add that Valerie Barone might “earn” her yearly income if she could totally clean up Concord’s armpit … aka Monument Blvd!

6 Rich April 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Murder at a “Family Party” on a court called Mi Casa… Somethings just don’t compute…

7 Da Man April 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Another ratt bites the dust another ratt bites the dust!!!!

8 Give it a Rest! April 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Good Morning!
Thoughts and prayers to this young man’s family and friends as they grieve this terrible loss.

What about Jerald Nagle, the homeless man killed on Concord Avenue. Was that Pleasant Hill?

9 wooga3 April 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

RIP to the victim & prayers to the family of the victim & accused… both hurting different reasons…

10 Paul (formerly) in South Concord April 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM

*sigh* very sad, especially for people so young. Our hearts & prayers go out to the families. That said… I’m SO glad we were able to move out of that neighborhood, after living there for 14 years.

11 MP April 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I know others have posted the same thing, and continue to post the same thing every time there’s another crime post, but I too grew up in this area and I’m saddened by just how crummy it has become. Driving down Clayton Rd I’m amazed at how many just thuggy, dirtbag looking people I see. The whole “gangster” look and attitude is just so prevalent and I don’t know why it’s become so popular to be ghetto. And color me racist, but I’ve also noticed how many more blacks have taken up residence in Concord. You can’t dispute the facts that a certain element moves in and things go down hill. You only have to look to Antioch, and the migration of 2000/2001 for a perfect example. Why don’t people take pride in themselves and stop perpetuating the stereotype?

12 RIP April 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

So he’s been a pos dating back to middle school?? Wow his parents are the pos!. He’s a product of his environment. My heart goes out to all involved.
Too many angry, righteous people in this world.

13 Just sayin...... April 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM

There have been several homicides…..Jared the homeless guy, Shelby off of Oliver’s, jean from the abandon gas station on Detroit, …..these don’t count because why?

14 Just sayin...... April 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM

There have been several homicides…..Jared the homeless guy, Shelby off of Olivera, and jean from the abandon gas station on Detroit, …..these don’t count because why?

15 Cy Nical April 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I guess nobody could figure out how to move the body to an unincorporated area so this one didn’t count in the numbers

16 Amy April 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Concord has gangs and an unbelievable number of homeless. It’s turning into a joke. I hope the new city Manager will read the comments on this site and do something to clean up our town.

17 GG April 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM

When did the consequences for crime become so very insignificant that people just do what the hell they want with no regard for anyone?

18 JRConcord April 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM

What a scared litttle man this perp must be. Had to bring a gun to a family party 1/2 mile from his own apartment

19 Richards Family April 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM

At a party, that is so sad. That just go to show that we need not associate ourselves with bad people or bad family members, the latter being a bit harder but just as critical.

20 anonanonagain April 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Anger/impulsiveness/heat of the moment thinking and a gun don’t mix. How sad that this idiot took a life, over what???? I hope he stays in jail until he is a decrepit old man……..

21 RAPID RATE April 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Another example of why illegal immigration must be stopped.

22 Peanut Gallery April 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Immigration can take care of all these POS’s
I’m so tired of all the F’ing illegals and East Co. POS’s
ruining our towns. GET OUT.

23 Anonymom April 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Rapid rate that is the dumbest thing you could say. I find it sad how many people on here are incapable of just sending condolences. I’m so sorry to this mans family.

24 Tom April 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Concord is falling apart, I have seen the homeless take a crap out in the open in broad daylight, I have seen high school kids using drugs with the homeless, I have seen homeless people buy cigarettes for high school kids and why can’t these kids pull their pants up!

25 Craig Cannon April 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I’m so sorry for Everyone’s Loss last night. Especially the Family. So much hate in some comments. We are all Human here. Homeless, Hispanic, People of all Races. A Person was killed in a senseless act. I was Shooting Pictures at the scene. The Tears, Fears, and The Unknown of the Bystanders was Overwhelming. He is probably with Jesus now. God doesn’t Judge……

26 jennifer April 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

All of you blaming this incident on illegals are a bunch of racist and unintelligent morons! Immigrants dont come here just to kill people,they come here for a better life and if things like this happen is for other reasons so if you don’t like being around those who arrive in this country illegally then i suggest you go live somewhere else!!With that said my condolences go out to the friends and family of the victim may he now rest in peace.

27 Susan April 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I was born in Concord, but these days I hate to admit it. It is a filthy dirty disgrace of a town. The homeless have taken over and I know the police turn a blind eye to all of this, but I don’t really blame them because there is no real solution to the problem. Maybe nobody really cares!!

28 chs student April 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM

You guys are effing idiots. Quit blaming illegal immigrants. A white rich boy could have done the same sh*t. Grow up.

29 Anon April 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM

What a bunch of low lifes. Right near four corners as well, what a shock. Burn the whole place down.

30 Subterfuge April 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM

@chs student.
It wasn’t a white rich boy, and that’s the bottom line. Now get back to studying. Don’t get left behind!

31 carguy1963 April 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Number 28….but it was not a rich white boy….the rich white boy used a s.u.v all a bunch of low life scum bags

32 Always Right April 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Well said, Craig Cannon.

33 @Jennifer #26 April 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

In theory, you are correct. But all too often, instead of looking for a better life, illegals turn our cities into the crap they say they’re trying to get away from.

34 Ricardon April 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Did they say if it was by assault rifle?

35 Mary April 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM

@ Jennifer & @ CHS Student -

I lived in this city and watch the Monument Corridor born and grow. The Monument area was once a nice area but when they started to build apartments with Section 8 I knew things were going to change for the worse. I have no doubt this was intentional thanks to our politicians.

Jennifer – It is not racist. Monument has been predominately Hispanics with just a few Asians. Many are illegals. Now you state they did not come to kill people. NO but…you do not know the culture. You are aware when they commit crimes many flee back to Mexico – wonder why? Many that come here take advantage of our stupidity of letting everyone in where they can easily commit crimes and just flee. You are aware that in Mexico the age of consent is 12 – do you? Just imagine these nice decent illegals ogling your 12 relative. From my experience I have seen it so please drop your Alice in Wonderland fantasy how everyone is nice.

@ CHS Student -
What ever your smoking – stop it.

O by the way, these people are my people . Many Hispanics that have made a better life will not even want to live among them. I was once looking for apartment – hell no would I ever want to live near Monument and the surround vicinity.

36 NRA #1 fan and member April 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Another loser who’ll spend life in prison. Hope you enjoy prison Vincent Ochoa, I’m sure your family will love the $$$ collect calls from you and make sure you choose wisely on the prison gang you join LMAO

37 anon --- ONE WHO KNOWS April 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM

“I hope the new city Manager will read the comments on this site and do something to clean up our town.”

No chance

“I think it might be a good idea for the CPD to have a substation there, it does seem like most of the agitation comes from that area.”

They did that- can’t keep it open–because they pay the city manager too much $$$$$$$$

38 anon --- ONE WHO KNOWS April 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Dead guy on Monument — NHI – No humans involved

39 Anon April 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

@Anonymom

I bet you have an Obama bumper sticker don’t you. Well he ain’t gonna take care of you and neither are these illegal aliens you seem to care so much about. I’m surprised you have experienced the violence they bring first had.

Sympathy is reserved for those who don’t bring violence on themselves as these illegal aliens do. It is for the innocent, those who are robbed, raped and murdered by illegal aliens. Pick up a police report sometime and learn about those you wish to protect.

40 MP April 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

CHS girl – I agree that may of us sound like racist a-holes on here, and frankly many are. That being said as one ages one sees the patterns that perpetuate themselves over and over; large groups of X translate to large areas of crime. It’s a shame that a few people are so effective in tainting entire races of people, but it happens. I have friends of many nationalities, many of whom would AGREE that these scumbags are giving them all a bad name. What’s the answer? I have no idea. Perhaps your generation will figure it out.

41 DodgerDog April 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM

@Craig Cannon #25:

“He is probably with Jesus now. God doesn’t Judge”

42 DodgerDog April 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM

@Craig Cannon #25:

“He is probably with Jesus now. God doesn’t Judge”

You sure about that? Because what I read in the Bible (I assume you are Christian since you mentioned Jesus) we will all face a day of judgement. Christ atoned for all of our sins, but not everyone that cries “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven.

I’m not making a judgement on anyone, I’m simply suggesting that what you posted may not be accurate.

43 yvhs 2008 April 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM

To the people that constantly say negative things about immigrants, I’d suggest you think twice. While I was blessed enough to be born in this country, my parents were not . My parents are proud hard working immigrants. My parents made the ultimate sacrifice in leaving they’re own family to give me a better future. No, I’m not in a gang, no I don’t do drugs, and no I’ve never been in jail. I hold two college degrees and currently an EMT. If you were ever in trouble, I’d be the person saving your life. Yes, the child of an immigrant saving your life. Sorry I beat the high school drop out stereotype and made something of myself. Just goes to show that people are so full of hate towards a ethnicity, they are willing to label the whole group as a f*ck up . Oh and by the way, I’ve lived all my life in Concord, and I turned out fine. I would suggest you keep ignorant comments to yourself before you make one.

44 Cowellian April 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We don’t know for certain that this crime was committed by an illegal alien, but you probably won’t lose too much money betting that way. BART has figured out that people who commit crimes are willing to commit other crimes. Committing a crime to get here is a strong indication that someone will commit even more crimes while they’re here.

45 RAPID RATE @ Jennifer#26 April 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I’m really tired of the non stop Idiotic sob stories about the “poor Illegal aliens who only snuck into America to make a better life for themselves”….Give me a break! lol what a joke! These illegals come hear to RAPE this country, with there non stop collecting of welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing, destroying hospitals, schools, and neighborhoods. Enough is enough, the fiesta is over, these criminals need to be rounded up and deported END OF STORY

46 Alexis ridder April 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM

My boyfriends best friend (the accused) is not illegal. He is wrong for what he did and or hearts go out to the Family and Friend of the Victim.
To all you racists weren’t you the original boys n the hood.

47 @MP @Mary April 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM

@Mary…it’s “you’re”, not “your”…step up your grammar and your thought process. You almost sound like an idiot.

@MP yes you are quite racist and that’s great you got you some colored friends…but since you want to stereotype, so will I:

9/10 serial rapists are white males
9/10 serial murderers are white males
The majority of people who blow up/shoot up schools, buildings, movie theatres…white

John Wayne Gacey; Ted Bundy; Jeffrey Dahmer; Scott Peterson; Adam Lanza; catch my drift?

Didn’t some kid just kill his dad in Clayton recently? White? Who would of thought?????

48 running man April 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

With all this illegal immigrant talk I just have to ask….who was an illegal immigrant in this crime? Just because someone has a Hispanic name doesn’t mean they are illegal. So every Asian knows martial arts? Every Black person likes rap? Every white person is racist? As an American I can say that alot of these illegals live more to “American standards” as Americans…church going, law abiding, work hard to have the “house with the white picket fence” and yes pay taxes (those fake social security numbers DO get taxed). Sorry but crossing a man made line in the sand doesn’t make people low lifes.

49 RAPID RATE @ ^^^ April 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Hey Idiot, nobody said white people are sinless, and the facts are that Mexicans commit violent crimes at a 5 to 6 times higher rate then whites, and blacks commit violent crime at a 10 to 15 times the rates of whites. Those are department of justice statistics for you…

50 Anonymom April 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Anon…I am far from an Obama supporter but I still believe in humanity and that someone died last night. Our family owned business has been on monument for 30+ years and I am well aware of what the population is made up of. You’re surprised I haven’t experienced the violence first hand? Really? Try to get off your high judgemental horse and quit insinuating that i might deserve to be a victim.I don’t support illegal immigration but they aren’t the only ones committing crimes.

51 anon April 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM

same thoughts when I read the name of the murderer. gangbanger back then at GMS I figured he would be locked up for years already surprised it took this long. Sad when people never grow up and shed the stupid and ignorant ways…

52 Prison Stats for CA. April 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM

For all of you out there wondering, 66% of the prison population here in California is HISPANIC!!! Wow imagine that. 28% is African American and 6% is White. That’s just for CA. though.

53 DLS_Spartans April 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM

You guys say illegals are the ones causing all this trouble.
what about that white boy that killed the father and daughter on treat blvd?
Look at your own kind before you start judging pathetic pieces of $***. Something bad happens in concord and all of you are quick to blame the hispanic people. Racial profiling JUST LIKE THE CONCORD POLICE DEPARTMENT. i am also Hispanic my family came over from mexico for a good future they raised me well and now im paying them back by going to college. College student at UC DAVIS IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU WHITE PEOPLE? OR AM I ALSO A BAD GUY BECAUSE I AM THE SON OF HISPANIC PARENTS WHO CAME HERE ILLEGALY?

54 sumsocool April 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

@ #26
You are naïve. They come here for a better life? To most that immigrate for a better life it means: use Americas system! A better life: free lunch free, babysitting, a roof over their head, a toilet. That’s a better life. They send their children to school but don’t bother to learn our language or make sure their children are staying out of trouble. They are so out of touch that their children grow up with no hope any idea how to get into college, or train for a job. They just soak up our resources! I don’t think my tax dollars should be used for immigrants at all.

55 bloopy April 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM

DLS,
No matter how “good” you think you or your parents are, the fact remains they are criminals. They broke the law to get into this country, and who knows how many more have been broken in order to live, work, possbily receive services, etc.

56 What Security April 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

@ DLS_Spartans.

You sound just like the other raciest bigots out there. White people really???
Do you know how many white people are fighting for people who are here illegally can stay? Millions of White people I am one of them.

Yes, there are lots of crime in the monument area and most of the crimes are caused by Hispanics, and it is those Hispanics who give the hard working Latinos a bad rap, we can also say that about the blacks, whites, and Arabs.

Suggestion: don’t focus your good energy on the bigots of this world it’s a waste of time. Congratulation with you hard work and excellent education, I know it must have been expensive.

I knew a person who came here worked in the fields and now their children all have Master Degrees and great jobs. Awesome. While some of the very whites can’t even get through high school. LOL

57 The Biz April 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM

@DLS_Spartans

Well, as long as you’re paying your own way through college and not getting a government handout, it’s good enough for me.

58 Just a Concordian April 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I am an immigrant. But you don’t see me waving my flag about the bad things I wasn’t supposed to do. I’m not supposed to kill, steal, do drugs, beat up people etc etc. It doesn’t take two college degrees to figure out what crime leads to. If you came here, illegally or not, and made something of yourself, good for you. So we’re supposed to be impressed that some of you immigrants went to college? WOW! Shocking! I thought all immigrants were stupid, or at least that’s what you’re implying! Yet, congratulations are NOT in order. 68% of high school grads attend college. How are you special? Oh right, you haven’t killed anyone!

59 @Prison stats for ca. April 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Have u check the psychological stats for white people who are walking free without proper madication in our streets. Well sadly you obviously haven’t. Well, allow me to inform you that they’re mass murderers. They are not satisfied on killing just one person, they go after full classrooms and theaters.
NOT SO PERFECT NOW HA? YEAH, YOU MUST LIVE IN LALALAND.

60 Cowellian April 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Whether or not someone is an immigrant is totally irrelevant. Whether or not they’re here legally is very relevant.

61 TC April 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

A CONCORD man killed a BRENTWOOD man. Yes people, Concord is now more dangerous than Brentwood. Congratulations.

62 The Grant April 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Go raiders!!!

63 brewed April 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Boy am I glad to be asian and exempt from this debate! All I do is play video games, work on math, and go to karate classes. It’s OK that I’m a bad driver… Since I’m an engineer I can afford to pay the high premiums on insurance. When my parents moved into their current neighborhood, property values rose by a whopping 50%!

64 The Grant April 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM

@ brewed

…awesome commentary…

65 Dr. Jellyfinger April 8, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Brewed, try just taking driving lessons & settle for being lousy at karate. We will all be safer.

66 Resident-Concord April 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Wow! These comments are absurd! I am a resident in the community and I come from a place where there is not much opportunity and I moved here to give more opportunity to my children. This one incident does not define my city. I am African American, I live on a block with caucasians, Hispanics, Asians, and a families that are Muslim. We all help each other out, borrow sugar from each other, carpool, play in the street as one big family. Look out for one another when the lights go out, we even sat outside together one night and played music on the guitar after a black out. I wish people would get from behind their keyboards and actually take part in the beatification of this town and participate in the many town hall meetings we have. Sign up to become board members, and join their PTA. All of my friends from all walks of life get profiled by their skin color when they grew up listening to the same music as YOU and watching the same shows as YOU and went to the same schools as YOU. Pick up a medical book and read that our insides are the same, and the only thing that normally can be the common factor of a group with criminal problems, is their wealth bracket and their upbringing. Poor people do not have access to great education and their parents are depressed trying to make ends meet. We need to be mentors for those children and not just point fingers. Be active in your community and learn about the free programs that are available and trying to create a better quality of life. Please excuse any typo’s no time to completely proof read.

67 Monica Stanley April 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Wow! I can’t believe the assumptions made by so many people here, this article gave very little information….to protect the integrity of the investigation…So i find most of the comments here pretty much despicable. We morn for the victim and the suspect (innocent of charges until proven guilty in a court of law) and both of their families.

68 residdent of pleasant hill April 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM

MONica stanley,Resident of concord….KUDOS TO YOU,its true what you say and in fact I am shocked about all the mean,nasty things people say,it sounds painfully ignorant.I will pray for all of those of you who made all those nasty comments you are the ones that need the most help.

69 Cowellian April 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Thugs have groupies? How special is that?