Woman Spots Man Breaking into Her Vehicle at Lime Ridge Open Space

February 27, 2013 13:43 pm · 39 comments

A woman caught a man breaking into her car in the parking lot of Lime Ridge Open Space on Treat Boulevard in Concord at about 1pm on Wednesday.

The woman, according to police, had just parked her vehicle and began walking on the trail when she heard her car alarm go off. She then quickly turned around and spotted a Hispanic male adult reaching into her vehicle to grab an item.

The suspect left the parking lot in a black vehicle with rear spoiler and moon roof.

No other information is available at this time.

1 Anon2you February 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM

He couldn’t even wait for her to leave the parking lot. How far up the trail could she have been in order to get back in time to see the perp? Wow the scuzbuckets are getting brazen!

2 J. February 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

According to the CLAYCORD.com Scanner the victim was able to get a photo of the suspect with her cell phone.

Also, the suspect was wearing dark clothing, possibly a T-shirt and shorts.

3 jdog98 February 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Dirtbags! The city should put a camera up there. It seems to be a poplular spot for lowlifes set on stealing our stuff.

4 AnotherAnon February 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

There must have been something visible, if she saw him reaching in to “grab an item”. Don’t leave ANYTHING in plain sight, and if you’re going to put anything in the trunk, do it BEFORE you get to the parking place. Furthermore, if you have a GPS mounted on the dash or windshield, don’t just hide the GPS; remove the mounting, also. Thief sees a mounting, knows there must be a GPS somewhere, too.

5 anonymous here February 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I think it is time for the police to do a sting operation and start arresting some of these losers! Been happening way to often and for too long now.

6 anon February 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

F ing A holes, my car got broken into at Castle Rock.

7 Bishop Estates February 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Totally agree with #5

8 nonewtaxesinwc February 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

given what they have done, I would like to sting them myself

9 Incognito February 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

“She saw him reaching in to grab and item”

If you’re going to leave items in your car to potentially set yourself up to being a victim of our ever increasing scumbags, then leave a tote bag full of dog crap. Then at least you’ll get the last laugh rather than realizing you made the first mistake by leaving anything in your car to begin with!

10 LTG February 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Low life scum…I hope the a hole gets caught.

11 Bumper February 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Probably drove down treat, took a fast right on Oak Grove, disappeared on Monument…

12 w February 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

#11 is probably right .I walk there all the time. I hope to see this happening to someones car while I enter the parking lot one day, cause dude will be leaving in an ambulance.

13 if she was February 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

carrying a gun this wouldnt happen

14 Randome Task February 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

sounds like an easy sting for police but no funds to protect the innocent ….figures ….so if the city is not fighting crime or fixing potholes or makeing the place better then why are they in office spending our money and skimming the rest and asking for more …i mean unless you are growing outside and it bother sone of the councils families then they do nothing but take and take and hold meetings at our cost just to shoot us down …wow they have it pretty good sounds like maybe we should ask em to park their cars there and have their meeting up on the hill and see how many cars are broken into then …my guess is they will have the whole police force there …….this problem has been ongoing ….why no cameras ….why no stings why not one council meeting to address it …yep they dont care ……oust em if they dont do their jobs ….my bet is you would get canned if you were not doing yours ……

15 Two words February 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Bait car.

16 Revolving Door February 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM

“I think it is time for the police to do a sting operation and start arresting some of these losers! ”
Most likely with jail overcrowding because of CA Prison “realignment” passed by state legislature back in 2011 because it is a property crime they’ll never do jail time. The word is out, the scum know IF they get caught nothing bad will happen.
Crime in Oakland is so bad citizens are patrolling their neighborhoods.

17 Rollo Tomasi February 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Reminds me of the time a man in a chef’s uniform ripped off the emblems to my Cadillac in a WC parking garage. Couldn’t catch him or identify when he ran into the Mexican Restaurant kitchen at least 20 dressed the same. Only left car to use the bank and SBucks………less than 5 min.

18 Concordian February 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

These petty thefts are popping up everywhere these days. I know folks who have had their car broken into at Lime Ridge, both the Treat and YV parking lots, at Castle Rock’s parking lot, and even at Lafayette BART. Is no place safe anymore? Personally, my wife and I have had gas siphoned while parked at Concord BART and at home in my own driveway.

I’d say to these folks that they should get a job, but who would want to hire a criminal. So instead I say, do it again and get busted or worse.

19 hmm February 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

#12 Why should you be allowed to defend your property? These poor guys are victims of society and just trying to right the injustice, they deserve to take what you work for.

It is called trickle up poverty- get with the program! ;)

20 Don't Censor Me Bro February 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

@C#18 – second degree vehicular burglary, a felony…

21 Don't Censor Me Bro February 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

@RT #14 there you go again with your unsupported rant…OMG

22 Randome Task February 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

like i have been saying …concord is turning inot oakland …better jump ship fast next is the gangs running the streets and no one will be safe …..great work city council your rampid gutless manouvers and skimming of said projects has led to this a lawless town with bums and shootings ….but i guess your ok you live in san ramon so no worries right …..bunch of hacks

23 Brad February 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

This is how they deal with car burglars in Texas. Gotta love the quote from the DA…”That’s the price for engaging in criminal activity”

And this is a perfect example of why my wife and I are actively looking to relocate there.

24 moo February 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

agreed on the sting operation!!! for indian valley shell ridge open space too! stupid poor

25 @Concordian February 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I had my car broken into at Lafayette BART, too…. 25 years ago. This kind of petty thievery has been going on forever.

26 KevO February 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Perhaps when the weather warms up and the days get longer we’ll get some attention over there.

27 Elwood February 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM

@ Randome Task #14

Do you think you’ll ever learn to post in English?

28 Fig Newton February 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Come on guys,he needed a small heist to carry him thru till his entitlement EBT card is good on the first! These thieves need a little advance on their EBT! They will never work,,, just steal from hard working people! This poor guy might have been hungry!

29 Just sayn February 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Good lord, first bangers , then homeless,
Then gypsies, now the poor! Dudes
some people are just CRIMINALS!
CRIMINALS DO CRIMINAL ACTS!
Here’s news, they get an adrenalin
rush from it , some of these do it for
kicks, they are to afraid or cannot
afford BASE jumping. So they jack
your s@$t!

30 old concord February 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I like the sting idea to. That is a real crimial. Give him a strike. 3 your out of here=)

31 One word February 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Drones; missile shooting drones.

32 @Don't Censor Me Bro February 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Might want to review AB109, it changed a Great deal of the Penal Code especially sentencing.

33 anonanonagain February 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

#29, “some of these do it for kicks, they are to afraid or cannot afford BASE jumping.

That’s why crime has increased!!! Base jumping is too expensive!!! Who knew?? Eye roll…….

34 Real February 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I saw the suspect when I was driving past on my lunch break. He was with a another guy that had a motorcycle. Both were parked where the lady was parked. On my way back to work she was talking to a police officer and I had that gut feeling something went down. The suspect was wearing a black shirt, black shorts, and a black hat backwards. The other guy had racing gear on and they were both smoking cigs, scum…

35 Amy February 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Another for my list. Sun Valley Mall, any business near Concord BART, Newhall Park, Todos Santos Square, Brenden Theater in Concord, Monument Blvd. and now Lime Ridge Open Space. Where are the police decoys?

36 Randome Task February 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM

37 ermaline February 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Wondering….if this guy lost his job due to recent checks on businesses hiring illegals. i dont imagine they’d go back to mexico or wherever. so what would one do at that point? what a mess things are.

38 ermaline February 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM

‘if she was February 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

carrying a gun this wouldnt happen’

are you sure about that?
that everything would have ended up just fine?
even if she might have killed him over a seemingly not so important possesion, and live with that the rest of her life.
then where would she be?
or shot an innocent person or child in the vicinity.
There’s a lot of ifs.

39 Don't Censor Me Bro February 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM

#32….

Tell me something I don’t already know.