Witnesses Report Plane Crash in Concord

February 27, 2013 · 26 comments

Concord Police are searching for a downed plane after several reports came in about a plane crash near Buchanan Field in Concord at about 3:30pm.

As of 3:37pm, no plane has been found.

A Concord Police Officer saw a plane that was having engine trouble, but they believe it landed safely at Buchanan Field. A witness says she saw a plane “sputted & tilt”, and then saw smoke. Another witness thought they also saw an aircraft go down.

The airport tower says they have no planes missing, and cannot see any smoke or debris from their location.

UPDATE, 3:49pm: Nothing has been found. Authorities believe the plane ended up landing safely. The smoke the witness saw is apparently coming from an asphalt plant in the area of the airport.

1 Don't Censor Me Bro February 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

What?

2 Dog Meat February 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I saw police with lights and sirens all over. Thank you for the information. I was hoping there wasn’t a bad accident or plane crash. I remember the one crash about 6 years ago just north of buchanan. I think 4 people died.

3 Anon February 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Weird…..I saw a plane yesterday going over Concord Honda, not lined up with Buchanon at all and it was barely above trees and I thought to myself that he was going down quickly and could not figure out where he would have been landing. It was yesterday around 4:15. Never heard anything.

4 Lost and Happy February 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I saw a red and whit plane sputtering and popping real bad around 330 from my back yard off of salano way. I believe this was the same plane

5 Mad Mom February 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I believe I saw the same plane as Lost and Happy did while walking in the Holbrook neighborhood. It was sputtering and I really thought it didn’t sound too good. Glad all is well.

6 Just a local February 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I live right next to the airport. That individual does this all the time. I hear that plane sputter 3 times a week when its clear out. Its not like the airport doesnt know who it was landing.

7 obviously February 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

this is a conspiracy on the part of the iluminati and NWO and jewish bankers

8 and its a false flag February 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

operation to take our guns

9 Andrew February 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Did they check the roof of the mall?

10 anon February 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM

“Another witness thought they also saw an aircraft go down.”

Ask any cop–most witnesses don’t ever get it right

11 jj February 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

could it be tom huey??

12 Chet February 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

It was probably Jack doing touch and goes, he pulls the throttle and dives for the runway, he’s fun to watch.

13 Howard K. Mullins III February 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Glad no one was injured.

Isn’t it great that some people can show everyone just how horrible they really are.

14 Craig Cannon February 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM

It was that new Government Drone looking for Wefare and Comp cheaters. A jealous Wild Tom Turkey took it down.

15 The Theorist February 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Temporal incursion probably related to the quantum explosions heard all around Claycord. The plane either hasn’t crashed yet or seeing an old plane crash like SVM incident.

16 chicken little February 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I’m so scared. Chem trails, Castration closing the tower. Oh the Humanity. What next.

17 CatWoman February 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

What! That was just a couple of hours! They fired the air traffic controller already?

18 Em Dubya February 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Pure genius for George Miller’s interns to simulate an air disaster the day before shutting down airport control towers to protest the Sequester.

19 Zoey February 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

There is a saying in aviation that “there are old pilots and there are bold pilots” but “there are no old, bold pilots”.

20 Sounds normal February 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

It’s not uncommon for planes to sputter as they lose altitude. It is due to the lean mixture of the engine that has been set at a higher altitude with less oxygen, as the plane descends the pilot has to richen the fuel mixture to prevent lean misfires. This is the popping/sputtering that you hear. Sometimes the misfires start to happen before the mixture is enriched. It is normal, not a catastrophic event.

21 TinFoiler February 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Wow, Just like 9/11 – People think they saw things that they really Did Not.

22 Educated = Evil February 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Sounds Normal –

Your informative post is secret 1% knowledge. The upright apes are supposed to worship the flying metal birds.

23 nytemuvr February 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM

@Sounds normal #20
Just like the Harleys in the good old days when you came back down the hill, when you rode up in the mountains….with no helmet.

24 I'm The Urban Spaceman February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That was me….I’m okay…I was patrolling the Claycord Skies via the NRA Astral Plane Patrol when too much smoke forced a crash landing…fortunately…like The Phoenix…The Urban Spaceman rises anew.

25 pacheco mom February 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM

There is a plane that likes to fly over our mobile home that matches the description of an “experimental” plane that the airfield reported landing according to the scanner. The plane constantly sputters and sounds like it has engine troubles and tends to make steep landings all the time.

26 Mom of 3 February 28, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Sounds like the duct tape failed…..yes they use duct tape on cracks in the planes due to being too expensive to fix.

Some pilots out of there do not do proper safety checks to begin with and others forget to add oil to the plane which almost crashed a couple months ago.

(Just for the record I support the airport)