Package Thieves in Claycord – Several Stolen Packages Reported

February 22, 2013 · 56 comments

We received the following TWO emails regarding package thieves on Friday:

I just witnessed an older WHITE sedan/coupe, with a BLACK rear bumper, and a License plate ending with —–71 casing houses in Oakhurst off of Miwok way, for mail and UPS packages. The car appeared to have 3 occupants. One of them light skinned or white the other 2 likely white as well.

They were following a UPS truck that had just stopped by no more than 5 minutes earlier they got out of the car and scattered, then one returned to the car while the other two other stole a package in clear day and jumped into the moving car. I alerted the police as well. Keep a lookout!

And this one, too….

Package thieves are making the rounds in Turtle Creek area this morning. I witnessed my neighbors getting a package stolen off their porch. Reported the vehicle–white, Toyota Corolla, 90’s model–to police.

Kid that stole package was a teenager, black wavy hair, navy hoodie sweatshirt, dark jeans. Police said there were two other houses targeted.

Beware, Claycord!

1 Lori February 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

These kids are BOLD !!!! There are cameras everywhere these days and thankfully some nosy neighbors :) I’ve got my neighbors backs when they aren’t home. Hope they catch them quick !!!

2 Anon777 February 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Thank you to these neighbors with their eyes wide open!! Hope they catch the thieves and shoot them.

3 LiLi80 February 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

This happened to me as well. I did not get to see who did it, but it was within 15 minutes of the package being delivered. Also they left the box empty across the street and the stuffing all over. The box was obviously opened with a box cutter. I am in Martinez. It is happening everywhere! It is horrible.

4 Eyes open February 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Those of you out side, keep our eyes
open. They could be in your block.
Lets let them know some one is watching!

5 Howard K. Mullins III February 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Common over here thieving bastards.

Ijust loaded the shot gun.

I won’t kill ya, but you’ll wish I had.

6 Mr. John February 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

They are not that bold – because they are not getting caught often enough to deter them. Unless they believe it doesn’t pay for them to do it, they’ll keep doing it. That means we need to make the punishment for getting caught so bad that it would be ludicrous to risk it.

I’m no longer having packages delivered to my home unless they should fit in the mail box.

7 Just sayn February 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

@777, “shoot them” just can’t help
it can you? be vigilant, not vigilantes.
Sheeeeesh!

8 Digger (Not in Concord anymore) February 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Haven’t you all heard? This is Obama’s new plan for redistribution of wealth. These poor sob’s need whatever was ordered more than the residents did so they can sell it and support their drug habit, oops, I mean support their disability. Government has been stealing off my porch for years and frankly I am very sick of it.

9 old concord February 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I love this sight. Thanks for the quick headsup. I’m watching my block like I always do buy it helps to know who or what I’m looking for.=)

10 Shuley February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

..I ordered some rattlesnakes from snakes.com they should have been here by now…

11 no1bartman February 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

People, keep you cameras handy. Cellphones, be more observant. Wouldn’t hurt to yell at them. That may prevent a package being stolen!

12 Turtle Creek February 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We witnessed similar car in Turtle Creek this morning. The person in a white car front with a front plate # 6AOZ071 jumped out of the car and stole something out of the gardeners truck. We reported it to police.

13 Nancy Non-PC and Proud of IT February 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. As we deal with the tanking economy and loss of jobs and income, the crooks are growing larger in numbers and their crimes more daring. If possible have your deliveries sent to your offices, or a nice neighbor who will sign for it and bring it in until you return. We got to outsmart these deadbeat crooks! Be Smart!

14 Oakhurst Resident February 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

OH – Holy Guacamole!
I live in Oakhurst.

Neighbors, PLEASE – WE’VE GOT TO WATCH OUT for these creeps! Any one of us can write down plate numbers, take photos, help stop these ugly criminals from hanging out around here.

I’m glad I’m home most of the time. And, I’m glad I have people watching my back, too.

15 LDB February 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My package was stolen on Valentines Day. Guess we’re buying a security camera next!

16 PRANKSTER February 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

They should have someone follow the UPS trucks for a while. I wish someone in the area would wrap up a bunch of stink garbage and leave it at their door, watch and wait.

17 Oakhurst Resident February 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Mr. Mayor,
When you say FRIDAY, do you mean that these “supposed” crimes just occurred this morning? Today is Friday just before noon.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR speedy reporting.
I appreciate this.

18 Howard K. Mullins III February 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Outsmart crooks? Why bother, just shoot them.

We the people are pretty much on our own and will be completely on our own sooner than most believe.

Better to ready to protect yourself than rely on anyone or anything else. Just depends on if you want to survive or not.

19 Bubba February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

If they are teens, when caught, they will be turned over to the parents. See how good that’s working out!
The parents may be just as bad.

20 Whaaaat? February 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Obama , good god, don’t you guys
have another mantra, oh yah, ACLU,
Liberals, homeless, hippies, tree
huggers, gypsies…
Sheeeeeeeeez!

21 mika February 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Sounds like the same offenders in all these cases. Go get ‘em, Concord PD. Dirty SOB’s.

22 Captain Bebops February 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Indeed this is the result of a bad economy and it will indeed get worse. You can look around the Internet to see what happened and what people experienced in Argentina when the IMF trashed them. People needed to be on guard in their homes 24 hours.

And we could have a little fun booby trapping some boxes and leaving them on our steps.

23 Elwood February 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

@ Mr. John #6

Thanks to realignment, liberal judges and dimmiecrat politicians, even if caught and convicted it is unlikely that the miscreants would do much time.

Probation is more likely.

24 they'd be disappointed February 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Got 3 months’ worth of catheters delivered today. Imagine their disappointment if they’d stolen that box! Ha!

25 Snickers February 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

@Oakhurst Resident

I sent the first e mail in YESTERDAY (Thursday) at 1:20 PM. The crime happened at 1:09 judging by my call log when I called “911”.

26 Mother trucker February 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If somebody does shoot them at least shoot at there package, lol

27 CLAYCORD.com February 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Snickers is correct. I just saw the email when I saw the other email that was sent. Snickers email came in Thursday, and the other one came in early this morning.

28 Not Shocked February 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Wish I was your neighbor, in my neck of the woods we recognize who doesnt belong. We watch each others back, not everyone is physically able, but for those who are… show people the cops arent the only ones they need to worry about.

29 YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD February 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I am going to start leaving a large box of turd on my porch when I go to work, that will be fun. Maybe study up on the Unibombers devices…..

30 Mike troll February 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM

seriously whats wrong with people, you witness a crime occurring and do nothing to try and stop it. calling the police and writing claycord isnt enough you need to step up and take action, get in your car and follow these people while on the phone to the cops if your to late to intervene by yelling and causing a ruckus from a safe distance

31 The Grant February 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Reason why I send my packages to work.

For others without that ability may have to setup signed delivery or hold at Fedex / UPS local office.

32 Whaaaat? February 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM

@Troll, I think CPD and common sense
would say don’t risk your safety over a
package! Letting these thieves know
they’ve been seen is enough to scare
them at least into another neighborhood.
if we all pay attention to our streets
they will move on or get caught!
Packages can be shipped to a friend or
neighbor who is home , we can outsmart
these thieves, well, some of us can.

33 Incognito February 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

For over 30 years I’ve had packages delivered to my house without any problems at all, up until this last year that is. My next door neighbor had Christmas packages which were delivered take from her front step. After that, I no longer have any packages delivered to my home. One of these days, however, I just may place a booby-trapped package of surprise goodies just for the taking!

34 Sad Victim February 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

We live in Oakhurst area and a Christmas package from Switzerland delivered by a Clayotn mailperson at our front door !?!? on 12/17/12 was stolen. We never received it: we never had a chance to taste YUMMY Swiss chocolates. My friend’s package record showed DELIVERED on 12/17/12. I have not contacted my post office people. We thought our mailperson would drop us a delivery-missed slip. Or…we need to ask my friend to send it to work.

35 Jim February 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

@Whaaaat?…maybe not Obama directly but yes it is the liberals…their crappy laws that don’t deter anyone…”Oh their only kids we can’t send them off”…BS…make some seriously tough laws…when my dad was younger and his 15 year old brother stole a care to joy ride he spent 2 years in prison for it, not juvenile hall, a real prison…first offense and 15…lets just say he never did anything wrong again. My dad said he would even speed, that’s as it should be. the liberals are in control and have been in control for years and now you have a super majority and can tax and spend at will… according to some pole, people like it that way, so if you’re going to make breaking the law without penalty your mantra, then we have every right in the world to blame you….I wonder what tune you’d be singing if your Blood pressure medicine gets stolen and without it you or a loved one could die…then tell me the laws are strict enough…there’s just no deterant.

36 Anon10 February 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Three Clayton police cars surrounding a white car in front of Clayton Fitness, in Safeway shipping center. Maybe related??

37 Grumpy Old Man February 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

@Anon10, Heard on the scanner PD is holding some turds there for an infield ID…

38 Anon777 February 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Just sayn: Ok, let’s cut off their hand instead of shooting them. It is robbery after all. Better than putting them up in Club Clayton with free bed, meals and HBO.

39 Hershey February 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM

They got them. White car, black bumper, license plate 6AOZ071. Two teenagers. Book em boys!

40 Concord Mike February 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM

@anon10, You are correct. CPD got them with the goods. Great Job CPD !

41 JM February 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

A booby-trapped box on your porch isn’t as likely to be stolen as a box delivered while the thief is watching / trailing the delivery truck.

Maybe we could make a special package with some tracking electronics inside (GPS, cameras, microphone) and ship it to each other until it is stolen?

42 ConcordMike February 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I guess good samaritans should be following UPS trucks as well to see if anyone is following them.

43 J. February 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Every UPS/FedEx truck should have a convoy of CLAYCORDians following it.

44 Love Claycord February 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Excellent work CPD and how nice of concerned citizens to email in the plate information. Thieves, you are being watched!!!

45 TCKid February 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

This isn’t good. I’m in turtle creek and expecting a package today. Hope it wasn’t me…

46 concord99 February 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Turtle Creek…that’s right where all those people had their tires slashed.

47 it's NOT the economy-it's JERKS February 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This has nothing to do with the economy! It has to do with kids being DISHONEST THIEVES and being DISRESPECTFUL of others and their property and JERKS!

Decent people act decently whether they have money or not. I bet these kids have not even tried to earn any honest money! And I bet they were not intending to buy food with the items they stole.

48 anonamust February 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Prisons are overcrowded and only house violent offenders, not teenage thieves. Blame the parents for these bottom dwelling scumbags. If my parents caught me doing something like that they would have had my @$$ in a sling. THEY were the law and I respected them. I was brought up to respect others and to believe that I was of strong, moral character. Today, it’s a despicable story…….

49 Shuley February 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

There are definitely some people here that would love living in Kabul. Execute them, amputate their hands, etc for petty theft. I can always count on Claycord to find out what is going on with the Concord Taliban. I say you should just get a crappy pickup truck, pile in with you guns and just drive around terrorizing people. Maybe we can start the public executions at Concord High in the football stadium. Howard can be your Mullah.

50 Carol February 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Had a gift stolen from my porch a few years ago. My mom passed away and a friend of mine knew I was upset and felt it better not to disturb the family. She chose to leave a gift bag and sympathy card outside my door.. A few weeks later she asked if I liked the angel that she left for me. I told her I never got it and we figured out that someone saw the gift bag and swiped it.

I figure that thief will have bad karma forever. What a shock it must have been to find a sympathy card and an angel in a package that you stole.

51 Anon February 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Shuley’s underwear band is to his armpits now!

52 Robbed_Too February 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Did they steal a golf club package by Callaway??? If so I want to pay these little @ss Holes a visit… I waited 4 months for that club…

53 Listen to Joe Biden and Get Double Barrel Shot Gun!!! February 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Why don’t we get our double barrel shot guns and shoot them… Go off to the porch with our double barrel shot guns and fire a shot… We don’t need our AR15s they are in accurate get the double barrel shot gun haha…That would do the trick….

54 JoRo2 February 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

If your able, have the packages delivered to your work place. FedEX, UPS, US mail may need to stop package deliveries to residents to avoid someone shooting and or killing the thieves.

55 Connie Dobbs February 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Joe advises his wife to fire two shots. He also advises her to fire outside the house. There’s a lid for every pot, I guess. Anywho, no advice for what she should do with the unloaded firearm afterwards. Throw it? He probably figures his secret Service detail and their semiauto handguns will have turned up by then.

56 Howard K. Mullins III February 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

@Shuley February 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

There are definitely some people here that would love living in Kabul.

I think trying to keep this community from becoming more of a Kabul than is already is, is the general idea of persuading the crooks not to be crooks.

Besides giving crooks more free stuff, keeping them on perpetual entitlements, which is the root of the current problem, what would you suggest for punishment and rehabilitation for criminals?