The Weekly Update from the City of Pleasant Hill – Illegally Painted Red Curb + Much More

February 16, 2013 · 16 comments

Click on the photo above to read the weekly update from the City of Pleasant Hill.

1 Mr, Anon E. Mouse February 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I noticed the red painted curb every time I slept in and had to drive to school and park waaay down Norse and walk to campus. Too cheap to pay for parking permit, too late to catch the bus and still be on-time. I chuckled every time i walked by it, wondering how long it would take for this remedy. I was tempted to park there a couple times but decided to respect the homeowner’s choice to break the law. I can understand not wanting “those” kids parking, loitering and littering on my lawn all day. My question to Pleasant Hill is will they be enforcing the law with the homeowner in regards to the alleged illegally painted curb? Fine? Citation?
If not, I’m going to go paint my curb red right now… the trashy neighbors are always partially blocking by driveway (even though I have driven my Vette in months) and almost daily blocking my mailbox… WHICH the deliveryperson yells at me for!

2 Mr, Anon E. Mouse February 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

have NOT driven my vette. Who can afford gas pr insurance! Especially now that my health insurance premiums just went up from 180 to 220 per month in November. Then I get another letter, $220 to 250 per month beginning next month because turned 40.
*deep breath* I digress…

3 ClayDen February 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

@Mr, Anon E. Mouse

Wait until your healthcare is “free” under Obamacare, then watch how much your premiums are going to go up.

BTW, I wish I was only paying $250 per month. I’ve seen some estimates that it’s going to cost around $20,000 per year for a family of four under Obamacare. Unless you’re “poor;” then the rest of us will pay for you.

4 concord99 February 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

When I read “red curb violation”, I knew it had to be by DVC. Too bad the city won’t allow Norse Dr. to have permit parking only like nearby Viking Drive.

5 Mister Wister February 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

@ClayDen
You have zero understanding of “Obamacare”. Not even a little bit.

6 Seeing red February 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I don’t blame the curb painter a bit. I’ve thought about doing the same thing on many occasions.

The people who live across the street from me have six cars that “live” there, plus various others that come and go. They can’t park in their garage because they have two more families living in there, and their driveway will only fit two, so they’re constantly parking their oil-hemorrhaging pieces of crap in front of my house. What’s even worse is that they throw garbage all over the street and sometimes park blocking my driveway, even after I’ve had them cited for it.

I’m about to go buy a dozen junk cars and park them all in front of their house.

7 Dragon February 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

@ClayDen, really? Where do you get the idea that ObamaCare means free health insurance for everyone? It would be nice if we got free healthcare here in the US, but that’s nowhere on any actual political agendas right now.

8 Ven Exeter February 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM

ClayDen is being sartistic about the “free” Obamacare. Pretty obvious costs will go through the roof for the middle class while quality of care will drop as freeloaders jam the system.

9 Lime Ridge February 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM

ClayDen,

You best hie on to Kolob.

10 anon February 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I live in a court and there are 17 vehicles and only 5 houses. Luckily the neighbors don’t park them in the street all the time.

11 Hal February 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Thought I heard one time that the American flag is not to be flown overnight. That is why schools and other places take it down each day. Maybe I am wrong about this.

12 A Patriot February 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Federal Law Relating to Display of the Flag

13 Ancient Mariner February 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM

@Hal No. 11:
You can fly a flag at night if it’s illuminated.
I had to buy a flagpole for a park in Danville and I researched it and had to put lights under it shining up.

14 concord99 February 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Seeing Red:

you do realize the street is for public parking, right, and that you do not own that space?

Also, it is normal for a house to have three to five cars. I lived in a 2 BR apartment recently, and we had 3 cars: one for each parent and one for the adult child living with them.

When I lived elsewhere, the lady had a 5-BR home, and rented out the other four BR’s. Each had a car, so there were 5 cars in the driveway.

15 The Mamba February 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM

LOL, at illegally painting the curb, that is hilarious. I’m glad the city took action to restore the public’s ability to park in that area.

16 Seriously February 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

they should cite him for vandalism