UPDATE with PHOTOS: Two-Alarm Fire on Tioga Road in Concord

February 12, 2013 · 13 comments

fire_jose

fire_jose_2

As Claycord.com first reported, a Tuesday morning fire at the Lime Ridge Apartment Complex on Tioga Road and San Miguel in Concord destroyed at least one unit, and caused damage to another.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported. The blaze was extinguished by ConFIRE in about 30-minutes.

Thanks to Jose for the pictures of the flames & the smoke!

1 9 deuce daisy February 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Bummer…glad no one was hurt. I lived there bout a decade ago – the BIGGEST apt I have ever had LOL

2 Cindy's mom February 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Glad your apartment wasn’t burned, Jose!

Those are good pictures… scary for those involved though.

3 D February 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I lived there a year ago too.. wow time flies… even looks like the location of my old apartment :) Glad no one was hurt Sorry for the loss of property.

4 CatWoman February 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Look at this! I’m surprised no one brought up marijuana growing in the closet–the seeds of blissfulness. Too bad there are fewer firefighters now to put out fires now. I wonder how long it took them to arrive after the incident started?

5 Truth Hurts February 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

ConFire kept that blaze to one apartment with one of their companies shut down in downtown Concord! Nice work ConFire, and that’s why we pay for a PROFESSIONAL fire department! Thanks you guys.

6 Anon-realanon February 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I actually lived in that exact apartment just under two years ago. The main flames are right where the fireplace is. It’s gas and we had a number of miscellaneous problems. All for the low price of $1800 per month lol

7 Craig Cannon February 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Really nice Photo Jose, and this shows you the respect we should have with fire. It sneaks through a wall, and then this. Fast work again from Con Fire. It’s sad belongings were lost, but good folks are safe.

8 Anon February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

#6, Yep – those Fireplaces are more for looks and not meant to be a main source of heat.

9 Chris G. February 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM

CatWoman….your comments are reprehensible…my girl friend had JUST moved in there this past weekend….she does NOT smoke nor grow weed and what’s more, she’s frickin’ lucky she got out alive…it has been blamed on faulty wiring…not ALL fires are a result of weed growing, and she also lost precious, irreplaceable mementoes of her deceased sister who house she just vacated. Keep comments such as yours at bay, please. I guess it takes one to know one, huh?

10 Anon-realanon February 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

@9- Chris G.

Like I said in my post above, if it started in the fireplace, I lived in that exact unit two years ago and had constant issues. After three times with maintenance, we just stopped using it. If they did nothing to repair it, it shouldn’t be out of the question to take legal action.

Oh, and it might be a good thing anyway. PG&E somehow was $150/month and they add weird dumpster fees. No apartment is worth more than buying a house.

11 CatWoman February 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

@Chris G.
No disrespect meant to you or your girlfriend. I am glad that you and she are safe–this could have be disastrous. Obviously, you are very new to Claycord. Welcome.

12 David d February 13, 2013 at 5:35 AM

As a public service announcement. Anyone who rents an apartment or house. Make sure you have renters insurance to protect your posessions from something like this, it also provides outside living expenses to live somewhere else if the place you rent becomes un liveable.
Call your auto insurnace carrier. This is cheap protection for you and only costs around $20.00 a month.

13 Anon-realanon February 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM

^ Yeah, what he said. It’s actually less in most cases.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: