Expect Delays on BART Until March 17th

February 12, 2013 16:30 pm · 8 comments

BART will be performing track maintenance for five Sundays between the hours of 8am and 3pm beginning February 17, 2013. In order to complete this work BART can only use one track between Balboa Park and Colma.

To keep delays to a minimum we will only operate one service between 24th Street Station and Daly City. Yellow line SFO / Millbrae and Pittsburg / Bay Point trains will operate on their regular Sunday schedule.

Blue line trains that normally operate between East Dublin / Pleasanton and Daly City will instead only operate between East Dublin / Pleasanton and 24th Street Mission Station.

Service between Daly City and 24th Street will be provided by 1 train every 20 minutes instead of two,

Blue line passengers travelling to and from Glen Park, Balboa Park and Daly City will need to transfer to/from Yellow line trains at 24th Street Station.

BART says “we appreciate your patience as we work to keep providing you with the high level of service you rely upon.”

{ 8 comments }

1 SICK OF REDUCED EVENING SERVICE February 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Why is BART talking about rebuilding Embarcadero and Montgomery stations before it even restores train service to what it was in 2008 before the economy crashed. I keep paying more and more to ride BART and service keeps diminishing and delays are more and more. I think BART better concentrate on running more trains and restoring service to 2008 levels before spending more money on BART stations that are already functional. So what if the platform can hold more people, people can’t get on the dam train so what good is it?????????? MORONS

2 Frehely's Comet February 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

BART was made for the 9 to 5 person. Anyone who has a different work schedule gets screwed over!

3 anon February 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I just read an article that BART is raising fares and parking fees yet AGAIN next year and why is the passenger getting screwed when the average person commuting from Concord not counting parking spends $10.60 a day to ride BART albeit SLOWLY from point-to-point. BART delays are NOT kept to a minimum; they use them as an excuse to do whatever they want to make my commuter friggin miserable. East Bay needs a better economy which it would have if they build a better road infrastructure leading to East County and points beyond in the first place.

4 Big Al February 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I like BART. Just dont touch anything…

5 Dragon February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Ohhh misleading headline, Mayor :(

Expect delays on BART *Sundays* until March 17th!

Meanwhile, I would like to contribute my traditional “why can’t they do something to CLEAN the damn trains!!!” whine. Because, you know, eww.

6 Mimi (original) February 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Oh, yippee, no one cares!

7 Teacher Wannabe February 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I don’t know what trains you all are riding, but I ride M-F 630am in, 5-7pm back between concord and San leandro. Clean trains, ontime 90% (even when they announce delays). BART is fine.

8 haha February 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM

clean trains? slap the chairs and tell me the dust is refreshing