Armed Robbery at Old Navy in the Willows Shopping Center

February 10, 2013 21:44 pm · 53 comments

An armed robbery occurred on Sunday night around 5:30 at the Old Navy clothing store in the Willows Shopping Center, and two suspects were detained by police.

According to police, the suspect pulled a knife on security after ripping off some merchandise.

A description of the getaway vehicle was provided to police, and the vehicle was spotted by an alert Police Officer near Willow Pass & Gateway in Concord. The vehicle was pulled over and two suspects, who are both women, were detained. We’re hearing the women were from Bay Point, and witnesses say there was also a child in the vehicle.

The two women are also suspected of stealing merchandise from Fry’s Electronics on Saturday.

One of the suspects is currently on probation for robbery.

Their names have not been released at this time.

1 Amy February 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Great job CPD!!!!

2 CWM February 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Great Job Concord Police !!! Keep up the great work ..

3 lmao February 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

looks like “gun point ” is now also known as ” knife point “

4 LGS February 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Again, time to register knives.

5 AW February 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Yet another robbery with the perps from Antioch/Pitt/Knife Point area…..how about you guys stay on your side of the hill!!! We don’t want you here!!

6 aNoN February 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Poor kid!!!

7 Anon February 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Two and a half women, from Gun Point? There must be a sitcom here for sure.

MBB!

8 concord99 February 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Baypoint…that says it all. Why are all the criminals from east county?

9 J. February 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

There was a dude the other day who used a knife to shoplift a half dozen knives from Fry’s.

CPD captured him as he exited the store.

10 Wtf February 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

What is concord coming to

11 belairium February 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM

YAY….

12 Killjoy February 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Nice to know that career criminals are being turned back out onto the streets.
Not to mention she’s teaching her career to others. Training with a personal touch. (end sarcasm).

I’m glad the police caught up with these losers so quickly, and that nobody got hurt.

13 Wtf February 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Busy weekend for concord/PH ppl from bay point and Pittsburg need to stay hm

14 Fig Newton February 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Thanks CPD for such great work!

15 Jeff February 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Those darned laws against armed robbery by knife are being ignored! Lets put more laws on the books! That’ll stop em!

Sincerely, the Democratic/progressive party..

16 no1bartman February 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Glad they were caught.

17 Seriously February 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I think everyone should stop judging everyone based on a city… I live in Bay Point, I am highly educated, I pay taxes, own a brand new home and raise a successful family! When I lived in Walnut Creek and Clayton my cars were broken into multiple times by criminals that lived in the same cities in which the crime occurred…. I just think it is ridiculious to make comments like some that are on here. Quit judging, criminals live in every city and every state…. Stop judging it’s not your place!

18 Me February 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Please get their mugshots up here!!!

19 dj February 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I feel so bad for that child… I hope cps gets involved, not that that is ideal… But at least it might get him or her out of the home. Makes me very angry, poor little one.

20 david the gnome February 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM

i bet if we started putting out bounties with DEAD OR ALIVE on them crime rate will come to a screaching hault…

21 Mr. Bassman February 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Not to make light of a serious situation but last time I was in that store I didn’t find anything worth paying money for, let alone serving time for…

22 Pinky February 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

@8
“Why are all the criminals from east county?”

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that some programs like section 8 have started shifting people from west county to east in part as a way to reduce crime and violence in west. The theory being that if you take people out of their usual environment then their behavior will change. Unfortunately it seems like that’s not happening and the claycord area is much closer to them now.

23 The Phantom February 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Jeff;
There is no Constitutional protection for being stupid. We shall have laws against it soon. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Sincerely, the Democratic/Progressive party of the United States of America, under God, and under Taxed.

Hooyah Concord Police Dept, employing members of the Concord Police Association.

24 me February 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

You guys are idiots. I’d much rather live in bay point Then Concord that’s clearly falling apart. I’ve never had problems and rarely do you hear about us on the news.

25 Blah blah blah February 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

@17

I agree I also live in Bay point and yes, we have our bad areas but we also have many family friendly areas. Too many in Concord blame us for the ghetto people. I guess they do not realize all of the prime real estate we have or the great schools.

Those of you that blame Bay Point you do realize that our only stores are: Walgreens, Rite Aid, Safeway and a Dollar tree. Our Safeway is only good for emergency food runs like I forgot to buy something for dinner. Most of mine and other people in Bay Point’s tax dollars actually go to Concord since that is where we shop would you like us to head to Antioch or Martinez so that Concord could lose the revenue.

26 Tree February 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Maybe welfare needs to up there income so the don’t have to steal, (sarcasm) , stay over the hill, we have our own issues, Concord use to be mellow.WTF is going on ? SAD :(

27 Dee February 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM

@ seriously # 17 Blah #26 AMEN!! I grew up in Concord and that place is no better than anyplace else. I no longer shop over there unless I am taking my parents on errands since i no longer work over there which is just as well anymore since we always had to park up behind Fry’s and we all know what a fine area that is,,,NOT! Concord is just as much a pit as anyplace else anymore

28 Anon February 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM

@Seriously

Seriously?

LOL!

29 Jessie February 11, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Agree with Dee & others. I lived in Concord for 25 yrs. I am now in Bay Point. Concord has gone way down, but its due to people coming from everywhere, not just over the hill. Please don’t make it sound like you are the Walnut Creek to us, because they too have their shady areas. We all do. The only way to help this, is to look out for each other no matter what neighbor city were from. If something doesn’t look right? Have it checked out.

30 old concord February 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Glad they got them. That crime costs everybody money.=)

31 Anon February 11, 2013 at 5:33 AM

We were getting to a point it seemed you could come to Concord rob and easily get away with it. I am not sure what changed at Concord PD other than getting rid of the chief but they have started getting the suspects. Crime will stop if you can’t get away with it. I guess we will have to see if the Sheriff’s Department starts do go down hill I think we have already seen it start the slide.

32 The Mamba February 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I, for one, am shocked that these brilliant criminal minds came from Bay Point.

33 Russ February 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM

“We’re hearing the women were from Bay Point” does not equal “they are from bay point”

also, i love the fact that criminals are commiting crimes in these hard-to-get-out of shopping centers (back side of the Willows, downtown Walnut Creek, etc.)
why bother having a getaway driver when ya gotta go through speed bumps and stop lights. Russ’s criminal tip of the day: steal from a place that is easy to escape from, like, say, a library………….

34 Jeff February 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Phantom – sorry, i disagree. Obama doesnt believe in God and doesnt stand for this country. Traitor in Chief.

You already have laws against the behaviors – they dont work – yet you think adding more WILL work?

Definition of insanity – doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Guess if the shoe fits, you’ll wear it AND drink the progressive kool-aid, huh Phantom?

35 JD February 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Other than geography, and the inconvenience of going over or around the hill, there is no difference between Concord and West Pittsburg aka Gun Point, Bay Point, and now Knife Point. Most of the community’s culture is learned in school. West Pittsburg and Concord are both in Mount Diablo School District. From kindergarten through 12th grade, they are all immersed in the same play book. Same education. Same values/lack of values taught on both side of the hill. Why do you think that homeowners in Walnut Creek’s Northgate area want to get out of Mount D School District? They too are the same and that fact hurts their property value and their ego!

36 Anonymous February 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Close hwy 4. Close it now.

37 mika February 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Maybe Mom and auntie were training the kid who accompanied them. Not to bright, though, no quick escape from the Willows. Dummies!

38 haha February 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM

haha funny how people on this site can be so judgemental on what city a person lives in. “he from Bay Point, watch out he might robb us or beat us down because we looked at him funny.”

Close highway 4? there are other ways to get around, i know the area like the back of my hand.

JD* gets a thumps up. Very well proven point.

39 Tragic February 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It tragic that these crooks were out doing such things with a child in the car. What can this child be learning from these women? It’s very tragic and sad that this is the kind of role model that this child has to follow. I hope that this kid can go somewhere better and far away from these bad influences in his/her life. Very sad.

40 Mister Wister February 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

@Jeff,
Trust me when I tell you that you’re a total moron.

41 Wise ant February 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Way to teach the child at an early age bay point is his true home!

42 Gjets February 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

ahhh, bay point, that figures, nothing but great thinkers out there

43 Gjets February 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

your keeping you own selves down stupid

44 Nutcreek Frontier February 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Was it “take your daughter to work” day? Seriously, though, what chance will that child have?

45 Elwood February 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM

@ Gjets #44

Could you please have someone translate your post into English?

46 anonanonagain February 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Jeez. What scumbags!! It’s one thing to pull a knife and steal some cheap @$$ clothes but quite another to bring your child along on this brazenly low escapade. You are right @#45 what chance will this child have with a lowlife mother like that?? Bay Point should be renamed Loser Point……

47 anon and afraid February 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Grew up in west county and watched the Richmond element in schools and neighborhoods and how fast it went down hill. Moved to Concord and have been seeing the exact same things here. Tried to tell my wife and she is to blind to it because she is from Concord. IMHO soon enough everything from Oakland to Sacramento along hwy 80 and branching to hwy 4 will become a Sh**hole. It will take time, but it is coming.

48 Mimi (original) February 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I don’t care where thieves are from, how frightening it must have been to the clerks there!! Glad the thieves were caught!

49 Gjets February 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

it’s not the MAN keeping you down like you like to blame it on, it’s you keeping yourself down

50 Gjets February 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I wonder what she looks like, oh ya, I bet I can guess!!!

51 Jeff February 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

So very offended by what you said, Mister Wister. Shameful response, really. (lol like I give a crap what you think)

You must be a Democrat. “Trust me” means a lot to you, huh? Why the need to have someone believe what you say? If you weren’t full of sh&t, you’d have just simply said your opinion.

The fact that you embellished with the “trust me” comment bespeaks of an individual who wants to justify their own beliefs to others because they know that they aren’t being truthful. I guess you learned that trick from Obummer’s “blame bush” campaign, huh?

52 Jay R February 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Jeff #52

I agree with Mister Wister. Anybody who turns every topic into politics is a complete moron.

53 Living in concord February 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Man here we go again with the city bashing and stupid politics talk. It doesn’t matter where you are from or where you live.as long as there is a population of people there will be crime. You are not better if you live in Danville and you are not a pos if you live in bay point. You are ignorant and close minded if you believe that.

It’s also funny how there is always some idiot on here bringing up politics and bashing others for being liberals or whatever.
How bout being a little more strong minded and stop believing what everyone tells you and just worry about yourself and your family.just a thought…….

Sincerely,
Living in concord, happy family man without a political party or ignorant beliefs. Lol